Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in the UK (Derby Campus)?
No entry exams
From 5,250 per year
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme is a rigorous, accelerated course that enables students to complete the medicine programme in four years rather than six.
- Applicants must fulfil the pre-requisite of a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science and the graduate programme begins in the third year of the six-year course for a globally-recognised Doctor of Medicine qualification.
- Graduate studies at New Vision University UK (NVU) are structured into pre-clinical and clinical years that prepare students for an international medicine career.
- For the first pre-clinical year of the programme, students study on-campus in Derby at the NVU UK campus.
- For the final three years of clinical modules, students complete rotations at hospitals and medical facilities.
- Students will complete the majority of the studies in Georgia.
- New Vision University currently offers a four-year programme for graduate students who already have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme is divided into pre-clinical and clinical years. The pre-clinical year takes place at the NVU campus in Georgia. During the clinical years, students will go to lectures while also performing clinical rotations at British and Georgian Hospitals.
- You can tailor the course to meet your specific needs, so you will have greater flexibility in terms of tuition fees and the programme itself.
- The NVU is well-staffed and is equipped with state-of-the-art labs and medical equipment.
- Intakes for this programme take place in October and March.
- The university has developed excellent relationships with a network of NHS Hospitals in the UK who allow NVU students to make use of their premises and local staff of consultants (senior doctors). These same university hospitals teach students from UK medical schools.
- Upon graduation from either programme, the student will receive an MD degree.
- New Vision University is a recognised medical institution and is featured in esteemed medical directories and associations such as the WDMS and FAIMER.
- Graduate entry medicine students will be able to study on-campus in the UK with New Vision University (NVU).
- Students will study pre-clinical modules in new medical facilities as NVU has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby that is undergoing conversion to a modern UK Campus.
- The pre-clinical building will have medical training equipment, scientific laboratories and teaching spaces with a projected opening for students within 2021.
Students are considered eligible for the graduate entry programme if they have completed a Bachelor of Science (or related degree such as Biomedicine, Pharmacy, Nursing etc.) at a university in the UK, Europe, or outside the UK with this degree assessed by SME.Applications are also comprised of the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS.
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- UK universities have a long history of providing top-quality medical education and are known as global leaders in the field of medicine.
- You now have the opportunity to study for a medical degree in the UK through New Vision University (NVU), a Georgian-based University.
- You will have the opportunity to attend lectures and clinical rotations at NHS University Hospitals.
- By completing your degree in the UK, students will have a much better chance of securing employment in the UK.
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Medical Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and,
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration.
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, if requested, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.