Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in the UK (Derby Campus)?
No entry exams
First 1 Year
Up to the last 3 years
New Vision University offers a 4-Year UK Campus Route Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to students with Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field.
- Graduate studies at New Vision University are structured into pre-clinical and clinical years that prepare students for an international medicine career.
- For the first pre-clinical year of the programme, students study on-campus in Derby at the UK campus.
- For the final three years of clinical modules, students complete rotations at hospitals and medical facilities in Georgia.
The Graduate Entry Online Route offered by New Vison University is suitable to students that hold a BSc degree looking for a partially online course.
- Students can study part of the course online.
- The course consists of one pre-clinical year that can be completed online and three years of clinical studies.
- In the last three years, students are offered clinical rotations at Georgian hospitals or teaching hospitals and clinics in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia upon availability.
- Graduate entry medicine students will be able to study on-campus in the UK.
- Students will study pre-clinical modules in new medical facilities as the University has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby that is undergoing conversion to a modern UK Campus.
- The pre-clinical building will have medical training equipment, scientific laboratories and teaching spaces with a projected opening for students within 2021.
- Students can study at a UK Campus up to the first 1 year for a graduate course.
- New Vision University is offering online study options to suit each student’s unique academic needs.
- Students can watch live-streamed videos of classes and engage in live-streamed classes via an interactive teaching platform.
- Students can study up to the first 1 year online for a graduate course.
- Following online study, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
- New Vision University has created a UK Faculty of 110 British Professors, senior consultants with broad experience working for British and American Teaching Hospitals.
- The prestigious staff also hold academic positions in British and American Medical Schools.
- New Vision University offers a unique opportunity to eligible students to complete up to the last three years of their medical clinical rotations to British, Irish, American, Canadian and Australian hospitals.
- Placements are offered upon availability, so, offers are made after matching student’s preferences and applicable rotations.
Students are considered eligible for the graduate entry programme if they have completed a Bachelor of Science (or related degree such as Biomedicine, Pharmacy, Nursing etc.) at a university in the UK, Europe, or outside the UK.Applications are also comprised of the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- UK has a long history of providing top-quality medical education having many global leaders in the field of medicine.
- You now have the opportunity to study partially for a medical degree in the UK through New Vision University, a Georgian-based University.
- You will have the opportunity to attend lectures at a UK Campus and build strong networks in the industry ahead of your medical career.
- By completing partially your degree in the UK, students will have a much better chance of securing employment in the UK.