Why Study Medicine in English at the Caucasus International University in Georgia?
No entry exams
Up to the last 3 years
+Why Choose Caucasus International University?
- Caucasus International University was founded in Tbilisi in 2004 and is currently on track to become one of the leading medical universities in Europe.
- Both the quality of the professors and the number of students attending the university continues to increase every year.
- The teaching methods and programmes are regularly updated to ensure they are in line with European requirements.
- The university is home to wonderfully modern laboratories with all the required equipment to learn about the world of medicine.
- The university also has partnerships with highly regarded universities such as Georgia State University in the United States and Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France.
- Caucasus International University offers prospective students the chance to win a scholarship which covers 70% of the tuition fees.
+What does the Medicine programme involve?
- The entire programme is taught through English and is six years in duration.
- The first two years of the programme are focussed heavily on pre-clinical areas, with the focus shifting to clinical study for years three to five.
- In the final year, there will be a year-long internship in a local hospital and completion of the state exams is also required.
- Upon completion of all requirements over the six years, students will become a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and obtain a master’s degree.
- All graduates will have ample opportunity to get great jobs in Georgia or in a hospital and country of their choosing around the world, including the UK, the USA and India.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||5,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+Admission to Caucasus International University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Tbilisi has made vast strides since Georgia gained its independence in 1991 and the city’s quality of life has improved significantly following the Rose Revolution of 2003.
- This revolution transformed the economy and caused the real estate market to boom, enabling the city to attract investors from all parts of the world.
- Modern Tbilisi is a wonderful city in which to live, with a great selection of renowned restaurants and cafes, as well as a fantastic variety of pubs and clubs to enjoy on evenings and weekends.
- For people who like history, there are many museums to enjoy and explore in Tbilisi, with a strong focus on Art Nouveau buildings in the city.
- The transportation system has vastly improved in recent times, so you will have no problem exploring the city at your leisure.
+Life in Georgia
- The country of Georgia now has a population of more than 3.7 million and economic progress has been consistently steady since independence in 1991.
- Tourism has grown massively in recent years and it is now an important source of income for the country’s economy, contributing around $2.16 billion in 2016.
- In recent years, the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country has been transformed.
- It is the perfect place to live for people who enjoy walks and hikes, as Georgia has some amazing routes to explore, including the Tusheti National Park and the spellbinding Greater Caucasus Range.