Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Georgian Universities?
No entry exams
October, November, March & May
Up to the last 3 years
Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Georgian Universities?
+What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- New Vision University (NVU) offers the 6-Year Undergraduate Medical Programme in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- The programme qualifies graduates with an international degree as an Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- Applicants are required to submit academic transcripts and, if successful, there are no entry exams.
- The NVU curriculum adheres to EU standards and modules are taught in an innovative loop system with each consecutive module building on the previous one to establish complex learning objectives over four loops.
- The programme involves pre-clinical and clinical modules, with the first three years involving theoretical modules and the last three years comprising clinical rotations in Georgian hospitals.
- Students learn in a dynamic environment from Georgian and international professors at NVU and in professional medical facilities.
- The Caucasus International University (CIU) undergraduate medicine programme comprises six years of study and is taught entirely in English.
- CIU has a mixed structure for undergraduate medicine with the first two years of the programme involving pre-clinical modules and clinical modules for years three to five.
- In year six, students undertake a year-long internship at a local Georgian hospital and sit state exams.
- Students who successfully complete all modules over the six years, are qualified as a Doctor of Medicine (MD) with a master’s degree.
- CIU alumni have excellent post-graduate prospects with medical jobs in Georgia and other countries around the world, such as the UK and the USA.
- Georgian National University (SEU) offers the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme taught on-campus in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- The modern university offers programmes taught entirely in English with extensive study in fundamental medical knowledge to prepare graduates for a profession of service, care, research and health promotion.
- The SEU programme is taught over six years with a focus on providing graduates with necessary knowledge and competence in line with national and international standards for the field of medicine.
- Undergraduates complete two years of basics of medicine, followed by a third year with preclinical courses, then the final three years involve clinical rotations and clerkships culminating in advanced medical practice.
- Students complete theoretical, clinical, and research modules with experienced academic professors and working clinicians in Georgia.
- Graduates from SEU are prepared for a career in medicine including professional skills, fundamental knowledge, cultural and ethical issues, healthcare, health promotion, medical sociology, and prevention of diseases.
- The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is taught in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Each academic year is broken into two semesters and all classes are taught in English.
- Students undertake different modules of study over the six years with the first two years comprising theoretical foundational study, the third year in-depth pre-clinical modules and the final three years are clinical rotations.
- The IJTSU medical programme is designed to align with EU curriculum standards as well as match the high standards of internationally medical schools.
- Medicine students develop and are equipped with fundamental knowledge including: scientific basis of medicine, clinical practices, public health and healthcare systems, professional communication, critical thinking and scientific research and information management.
- The programme has an integrated approach with knowledge gained through modules from basic, clinical and social disciplines.
- IJTSU is a leader in event-driven and interactive teaching in Georgia with small group classes, flexible learning, and a long legacy of quality education.
+What is the 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Medicine Course?
- NVU welcomes candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in a science-related field of study such as Biomedical Science to apply for the 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- The programme commences in the third year of the six-year undergraduate medicine course and all modules are taught in English.
- Candidates must submit their analytical academic transcripts with their application paperwork and there are no entry exams for successful applicants.
- The graduate programme is an accelerated pathway for students aiming to build a career in medicine and complete their medical qualification in a shorter time frame.
- NVU structures the graduate programme into the first year with theoretical pre-clinical studies and the final three years involves rigorous clinical rotations.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team have authorisation to process and assess applications for the graduate programme (including evaluating documentations and Bachelor’s studies transcripts); see the tab Graduate Entry Assessment Process for all details.
- CIU welcomes graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field to apply for the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme.
- This accelerated programme is very competitive with students applying from all over the world to complete the medical qualification in four years rather than six.
- The programme is taught entirely in English with students learning from a highly experienced faculty of medical professionals and lectures over the course of the degree.
- The course structure involves pre-clinical modules studied on-campus and clinical modules studied at local hospitals as well as state exams.
- Graduates from CIU are skilled and well-equipped to begin their medical career either in Georgia, throughout the EU or working internationally.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team works with the authorisation to review and assess graduate programme applications (such as evaluating paperwork and Bachelor’s degree transcripts); the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab outlines all details.
- The SEU 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme is an accelerated programme for applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field.
- Successful applicants are not required to sit entry exams although they must submit analytical academic transcripts and all classes are taught in English.
- The SEU graduate programme largely comprises clinical modules with high level training in a range of rotations across medical centers, clinical hospitals, surgeries and health centers for extensive skill development.
- The Faculty of Medicine operates a teaching pedagogy consistent with EU curriculum standards and is a member of the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) and the Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE).
- SEU is an international university with students learning from an experienced multidisciplinary faculty preparing them for a medical career in Georgia, Europe and further abroad.
- Study Medicine Europe’s (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team are authorised to process and assess applications for graduate programmes in Europe (such as evaluating paperwork including Bachelor’s studies transcripts); the tab Graduate Entry Assessment Process below outlines key information.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) facilitates competitive clinical rotation opportunities for students studying at European universities to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities abroad.
- The rotations are coordinated with SME matching applicants to their preferred teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in Canada, the USA, Australia, Ireland and the UK.
- Clinical rotation spaces are limited with SME requiring applications from interested students consisting of:
- Application paperwork comprising the name of the department and facility, the duration of the rotation, and their CV with the clinical rotations opportunity in line with their university’s study programme.
- Students must also submit to SME, an authorised application from the Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- The clinical rotations are only limited in number with applications requiring submission and offers provided based on the facility’s availability as well as deference to the order of applications.
- Students who complete international clinical rotations diversify their skill base and learn in a range of challenging environments while progressing in their programme modules.
+What Universities Offer Medicine in Georgia
- With its top-quality education and ultra-modern facilities, NVU in Tbilisi is an excellent choice for international students who wish to study medicine in Europe.
- The university has close partnerships with the leading higher educational institutions both in and outside the country.
- Undergraduate students can study a 6-Year Medicine Programme.
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme is open to graduates with a BSc in a medicine-related field (such as Biomedical Science). Studies commence in the third year of the 6-Year Medicine Programme and successful applicants are not required to sit entrance exams.
- Depending on the programme you choose, you can split your studies between online and on-campus learning for the pre-clinical units.
- The NVU staff includes more than 400 professors, scholars and practitioners, ensuring that every student gets the support they need to achieve their academic goals.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, granting students first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The university’s Quality Assurance Office ensures that state-of-the-art teaching standards are upheld year-on-year.
- This university provides funding to medical students in the form of Student Loans and Scholarships.
- Founded as recently as 2004, CIU is one of the top medical schools in Georgia and its reputation in Europe is growing.
- The quality of professors is improving every year and an ever-increasing number of students are attending the university.
- All teaching methods and programmes are updated regularly to ensure they reflect all European requirements.
- The university also has fantastic labs with all the required equipment necessary to aid your learning of medicine fundamentals throughout your education.
- Partnerships are also extremely important to the university and they have been established with highly regarded universities such as Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France and Georgia State University in the United States.
- Caucasus International University offers candidates the chance to win a scholarship which covers 70% of the tuition fees.
- Find out more about studying medicine in Georgia at this university now.
- SEU in Tbilisi, Georgia is one of the country’s most modern and well-established private tertiary institutions.
- The university has nearly 500 lecturers, four faculties and over 500 multidisciplinary courses.
- The university is internationally recognised with an academic environment focused on students and their success in a setting that stimulates learning, teaching and research.
- SEU established itself around the principles and values of the European Higher Education Area with innovative and flexible teaching approaches.
- The university is a leader in international relations for academia and has membership in international associations including the Association of Medical Schools in Europe and the International Association for Medical Education.
- SEU has a student-centric culture with a focus on academic freedom and is in the “Top 5” in Georgia for the employment rate of graduates.
- Founded in 1914, TSU has long been a leading light in Georgian medical education.
- One of the most highly-regarded universities in Georgia, TSU boasts innovative academic offerings, a vibrant student community and a central city location.
- It is currently ranked by the University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) as the top Georgian university.
- Quality assurance mechanisms ensure that teaching methods and programmes remain at a high standard.
- The university leverages its extensive network of business contacts to help students secure quality job placement and career success.
- Find out more about studying medicine in Georgia at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University now
+What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
- Prospective medical and dental students from all over the world can apply for programmes in medicine and dentistry taught entirely in English.
- Candidates are not required to sit entrance exams and must complete application documents for the following:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study overseas
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What are the Graduate Entry Requirements?
- Graduate Entry Programmes accept candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful Graduate Entry applicants are not required to sit entrance exams.
- Academic transcripts of their Bachelor’s Degree in addition to the admission documents submitted for course applications.
- Study Graduate Entry medicine abroad in Europe for career acceleration at competitive universities and achieve an internationally-recognised medical degree.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+Why Study Medicine in Georgia?
- Georgia attracts visitors, expats and students due to its pleasant, safe and secure characteristics.
- Lonely Planet called Georgia “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” with its stunning and abundant natural landscapes including the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- Infrastructure for living, studying and working is very modern with a transport network linking the capital of Tbilisi and greater Georgia a highly efficient and modern service.
- Georgia is famous for its rich landscape and as a producer of wine, making it an exceptional destination for foodies and culture lovers.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events