Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Georgian Universities?
No entry exams
September & March
Up to the last 3 years
Georgian Universities to Study Medicine in English
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- New Vision University (NVU) offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medical Programme in Tbilisi, Georgia that qualifies graduates with an international degree as an Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The NVU curriculum adheres to EU standards and modules are taught in an innovative loop system with each consecutive module building on the previous one to establish complex learning objectives over four loops.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, granting students first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The programme involves pre-clinical and clinical modules, with the first three years involving theoretical modules and the last three years comprising clinical rotations in Georgian hospitals.
- The NVU staff includes more than 400 professors, scholars and practitioners, ensuring that every student gets the support they need to achieve their academic goals.
- At NVU, you can study partially online or at a UK Campus.
- Students also have the opportunity to complete the clinical studies at hospitals in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia, upon availability.
- This university provides funding to medical students in the form of Student Loans and Scholarships.
- The Caucasus International University (CIU) is one of the top medical schools in Georgia with its reputation in Europe growing constantly.
- The University offers an undergraduate medicine programme comprises six years of study and is taught entirely in English.
- All teaching methods and programmes are updated regularly to ensure they reflect all European requirements.
- CIU has a mixed structure for undergraduate medicine with the first three years of the programme involving pre-clinical modules and clinical modules for years three to six.
- Students who successfully complete all modules over the six years, are qualified as a Doctor of Medicine (MD) with a master’s degree.
- CIU alumni have excellent post-graduate prospects with medical jobs in Georgia and other countries around the world, such as the UK and the USA.
- Georgian National University (SEU) in Tbilisi is one of the country’s most modern and well-established higher institutions.
- The university has nearly 500 lecturers, four faculties and over 500 multidisciplinary courses.
- The modern university offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme taught entirely in English with extensive study in fundamental medical knowledge to prepare graduates for a profession of service, care, research and health promotion.
- Undergraduates complete two years of basics of medicine, followed by a third year with preclinical courses, then the final three years involve clinical rotations and clerkships culminating in advanced medical practice.
- SEU emphasises practical learning and hands-on experience through laboratories, surgeries, applied research, and affiliated co-op programmes with hospitals and clinics.
- The university has a strong careers office that supports their alumni to practice medicine in the vast majority of the countries globally.
- The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) was founded in 1914 and is ranked by the University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) as one of the top Georgian universities.
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is designed to align with EU curriculum standards as well as match the high standards of internationally medical schools.
- Students undertake different modules of study over the six years with the first two years comprising theoretical foundational study, the third year in-depth pre-clinical modules and the final three years are clinical rotations.
- Each academic year is broken into two semesters and all classes are taught in English.
- Quality assurance mechanisms ensure that teaching methods and programmes remain at a high standard.
- The university leverages its extensive network of business contacts to help students secure quality job placement and career success.
+ What is the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Course?
- New Vision University welcomes candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in a science-related field of study such as Biomedical Science to apply for the 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme.
- The programme commences in the third year of the six-year undergraduate medicine course and all modules are taught in English.
- Candidates must submit their analytical academic transcripts with their application paperwork and there are no entry exams for successful applicants.
- NVU structures the graduate programme into the first year with theoretical pre-clinical studies and the final three years involves rigorous clinical rotations.
- The first year of the course can be offered partially online or at a UK Campus.
- Studying at New Vision University, you have the opportunity to complete the clinical years at hospitals in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia, upon availability.
- NVU offers several funding options in the form of Student Loans and Scholarships.
- The Georgian National University offers a 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme for applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field.
- Successful applicants are not required to sit entry exams although they must submit analytical academic transcripts and all classes are taught in English.
- The SEU graduate programme largely comprises clinical modules with high level training in a range of rotations across medical centers, clinical hospitals, surgeries and health centers for extensive skill development.
- The Faculty of Medicine operates a teaching pedagogy consistent with EU curriculum standards and is a member of the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) and the Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE).
- SEU is an international university with students learning from an experienced multidisciplinary faculty preparing them for a medical career in Georgia, Europe and further abroad.
+ What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- Medicine students enrolled at New Vision University, Georgia have the option to complete pre-clinical modules at the university’s Derby campus in the UK.
- A modern 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby will be converted to a UK Campus for NVU that will be opened in the second half of 2022.
- In the UK, New Vision University students can study partially for an Undergraduate Course and a Graduate Course.
- Students studying on-campus in the UK will learn in teaching and seminar spaces with facilities for research and medical training equipment.
+ How is the Online Personalised Study Programme Offered?
- Students at New Vision University, Georgia can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes through an interactive teaching platform, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Students can study partially for an Undergraduate course and a Graduate course.
- Later, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
+ British Professors & Medical Faculty
- NVU Georgia has recently welcomed 110 British Professors to their academic medical staff.
- Staff of this calibre are highly sought after due to their experience working as specialist consultant Surgeons and consultant Physicians as well as the academic positions they have held in British and American Medical Schools.
+ What do the Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- Competitive clinical rotation opportunities are offered for students studying at Georgian universities to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities abroad.
- Offers are made after matching medical student’s preferences and offered clinical rotation in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia.
+ What Funding Options are Available?
- New Vision University is offering student loans through local Georgian banks.
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over the course of one full academic year.
- In 2022, 45 scholarships that cover 50% of the annual tuition fees are offered through SME.
- Extra scholarships covering 25% of the academic year’s tuition fees are offered every year to New Vision University students.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ What are the Graduate Entry Requirements?
- Graduate Entry Programmes accept candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful Graduate Entry applicants are not required to sit entrance exams.
- Academic transcripts of their Bachelor’s Degree in addition to the admission documents submitted for course applications.
+ Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Why Study Medicine in Georgia?
- Georgia has a long tradition providing high quality of medical education offering a pleasant, safe and secure environment for studies.
- Georgian Medical Schools offer innovative approaches to medical education, training adequately their students to respond to the imminent changes of technological advancements.
- Local universities are part of the Bologna Process and students can participate in student exchange programmes such as the Erasmus+.
- Infrastructure for living, studying and working is very modern with a transport network linking the capital of Tbilisi and greater Georgia a highly efficient and modern service.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events