Why Study Dentistry in English at Kiev Medical University in Ukraine?
No entry exams
+ Why choose Kiev Medical University?
- One of the leading Ukrainian institutes for medical education, Kiev Medical University is the most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev.
- The university boasts excellent teaching standards and stays up-to-date with the ongoing international developments in medical education.
- The university features many extracurricular activities and sports activities to encourage students to remain fit and active.
- Centrally located in the vibrant city of Kiev, this university is an attractive option for students.
+ What does the Dentistry programme involve?
- The programme is available in English.
- It is five years in duration and each year is split into two semesters.
- The university has devised the curriculum in accordance to European Union rules.
- The first two years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects while the final three years focus on to the clinical subjects.
- The course is taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The faculty members are dynamic, English fluent, experienced and versatile. They strive to incorporate all the latest methods into their teaching.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Online learning is forbidden for any dentistry programme as per Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Any student wishing to attend a Ukrainian medical university must relocate to Ukraine and be present at the university to study.
- Online learning is not recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- All Dental Councils evaluate the evidence of studies, including online studies, when dentistry graduates apply for registration:
- Students should have a detailed explanation prepared for online studies completed during Covid-19, including evidence and exception documentation, which they can provide upon request.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Kiev Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not allowed in Ukraine since local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees; this is due to contrasts between the curriculum of the dentistry course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. As a result, subjects completed in a BSc degree cannot be displayed on Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Life in Kiev
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Kiev is an ideal choice for international students.
- Steeped in history and culture, Kiev is one of the oldest cities in Eastern Europe and is filled with interesting sights and attractions.
- With its abundance of parks and nearby beach, it is a great option for nature-lovers.
- Renowned for its distinctive cuisine, Kiev offers an abundance of top-quality, inexpensive food.
- The city has a variety of efficient and low-cost public transport options including a Metro, buses and trams.
+ Living in Ukraine
- The country of Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and has a wealth of diverse cultures.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Ukraine is renowned for its breathtaking natural landscapes and has 20 natural reserves.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events