Why Study Dentistry in English at Kiev Medical University in Ukraine?
No entry exams
+ Why choose Kiev Medical University?
- Kiev Medical University is one of the prestigious private medical education institutions in Kiev.
- The university boasts excellent teaching standards and stays up-to-date with the ongoing international developments in medical education.
- The university features many extracurricular activities and sports activities to encourage students to remain fit and active.
- Centrally located in the vibrant city of Kiev, this university is an attractive option for students.
+ What does the 5-Year Dentistry programme involve?
- The dentistry course at Kiev Medical University lasts for five years and is available in English.
- Each year is split into two semesters with final exams offered at the end of each semester.
- The university has devised the curriculum in accordance to European Union rules.
- The first two years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects while the final three years focus on to the clinical subjects.
- The course is taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The faculty members are dynamic, English fluent, experienced and versatile. They strive to incorporate all the latest methods into their teaching.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Kiev Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not allowed in Ukraine since local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees; this is due to contrasts between the curriculum of the dentistry course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. As a result, subjects completed in a BSc degree cannot be displayed on Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Those wishing to study medicine at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine because online learning is not permitted for any dentistry programmes according to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+ Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- UK: The General Dental Council (GDC) specifies a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical experience which comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment and not the time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students.
+ Life in Kiev
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Kiev is an ideal choice for international students.
- Steeped in history and culture, Kiev is one of the oldest cities in Eastern Europe and is filled with interesting sights and attractions.
- With its abundance of parks and nearby beach, it is a great option for nature-lovers.
- Renowned for its distinctive cuisine, Kiev offers an abundance of top-quality, inexpensive food.
- The city has a variety of efficient and low-cost public transport options including a Metro, buses and trams.
+ Living in Ukraine
- The country of Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and has a wealth of diverse cultures.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Ukraine is renowned for its breathtaking natural landscapes and has 20 natural reserves.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events