Why Choose to Study Dentistry at Internationally Accredited Universities in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
October & March
+ What is the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Course?
- Study dentistry in Kiev, Ukraine with the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme at Kiev Medical University (KMU).
- All modules are taught entirely in English and there are two semesters each year of the programme.
- Professors are highly experienced and the curriculum is developed in line with European Union standards.
- The programme involves pre-clinical modules of fundamental theory and clinical modules of dentistry practice.
- Students learn at KMU in world-class settings for their lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical studies.
- Graduates from KMU work all over the world with their dentistry qualification.
- Study dentistry in Ukraine at Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) with the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme.
- The five-year programme has two semesters each year and is in English.
- UzhNU is a historic learning environment with a highly experienced faculty and modern facilities.
- Students study pre-clinical modules of fundamental theory of dentistry.
- They then progress to clinical modules in professional settings to learn clinical dentistry procedures and surgeries.
- Students graduate with an international qualification and can practise dentistry in Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU), Ukraine offers the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme for international students.
- BNMU is regarded for its global qualification and teaches this programme entirely in English with all faculty highly experienced in practical and theoretical dentistry.
- The comprehensive undergraduate dentistry training is in partnership with Kiev Hospital and the Scientific Research Center’s programmes for dentistry.
- Students study over five years, with preclinical and clinical modules structured into two semesters per year equipping students with dynamic dentistry skills.
- BNMU students complete world-class laboratories on-campus and off-campus to achieve strong understanding theoretical and practical studies in all dentistry procedures.
- The university’s learning facilities prepare students for their dentistry specialty and graduates current practise in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada.
- The Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) course in Ukraine is a 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme.
- All modules are taught entirely in English with two semesters every year.
- Students study in a professional environment with ZSMU’s knowledgeable and experienced faculty.
- Over the five years, students complete pre-clinical modules focused on advanced theory then they complete clinical modules that equip them to practise dentistry.
- Course content is sophisticated incorporating medical and biological studies, as well as clinical components and procedures.
- The rigorous learning environment equips ZSMU graduates for a dentistry career with alumni working internationally in Canada, India, and Australia.
+ What Universities Offer Dentistry in Ukraine?
- A leader in dental education, Kiev Medical University is the most prestigious medical institution in Ukraine.
- Kiev Medical University has top-quality teaching standards that keep pace with the all the latest developments in medical education.
- Students enjoy a diverse range of extracurricular activities and sports clubs.
- The university is situated in the heart of the vibrant city of Kiev, making it an enticing option for students with a taste for adventure.
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is based in the heritage city of Uzhhorod, Western Ukraine at the border of Slovakia and near the Hungarian border.
- It is one of Ukraine’s leading, not-for-profit public universities with a renowned history of academia since it was founded in 1945.
- UzhNU has a student population of around 13,000 students and draws international students for its well-established curriculum of courses taught in English.
- The university has 20 faculties and over 3,000 academic staff.
- UzhNU’s academic excellence is reflected in the motto, “The more we know – the more we can”.
- The university is a participant in numerous international partnerships for research and pedagogical practice including Erasmus+ and European scientific projects.
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is based in Ukraine’s capital city, Kiev.
- The university was founded in the 19th century and is one of the oldest tertiary institutions in Ukraine having made extensive contributions to the medical field.
- BNMU attracts many of Ukraine’s most skilled and experienced faculty with over 1,200 teaching and research staff.
- The university currently has 10,000 students and due to its global presence, this includes 1,300 international students from over 55 countries.
- BNMU offers a comprehensive curriculum developed to European Union standards and has international partnerships with research institutions and organisations.
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is a long-established leader in the field of dental education in Ukraine.
- ZSMU boasts an esteemed 5-year English-language dental programme which is fully-accredited and recognised worldwide.
- The university has a vibrant community of international students hailing from over 40 countries worldwide.
- Students of ZSMU have access to state-of-the-art equipment and IT facilities.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
- Prospective medical and dental students from all over the world can apply for programmes in medicine and dentistry taught entirely in English.
- Candidates are not required to sit entrance exams and must complete application documents for the following:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study overseas
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not permitted in Ukraine as local medical universities do not acknowledge non-Ukrainian BSc degrees due to the major differences in study programmes of the dentistry course and the non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degree. As a result, any modules covered in a BSc degree cannot be included in Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Why Study Dentistry in Ukraine?
- Students studying at universities in Ukraine benefit from the highly established institutions that are recognised for their academic research and dynamic faculties.
- Ukraine attracts many international students to study dentistry in English while living in a vibrant, progressive country with a rich academic history.
- Throughout Ukraine there are many established medical schools as well as universities and institutions specifically teaching dentistry.
- Dentistry students in Ukraine can enjoy modern facilities and clinical settings that prepare them for a long, successful career in dentistry.
- The country boasts a beautiful climate and an affordable lifestyle with students able to focus on their tertiary studies while embarking on their professional dentistry career.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Paragraph 3 of Order, No. 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine states that any student who wishes to study at a Ukrainian medical university must attend the university in person, as online learning is not permitted for dentistry courses.
- None of the world’s Dental Councils recognises online learning.
- When dentistry graduates seek for registration, all Dental Councils consider the evidence of studies, including online studies:.
- For online learning conducted during Covid-19, students should have a full explanation prepared, including evidence and exemption documentation, which they can present upon request.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events