Why Choose Bulgarian Medical Universities?
Exams in Biology & Chemistry
- Medicine: €7,500/year
- Dentistry: €8,000/year
- Veterinary: €4,500/year
October & February
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ How much do the programmes cost?
- The tuition fees for studying medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine at Bulgarian medical universities are as follows:
- The duration of all medical, dental and veterinary programmes is 6 years.
- When undergraduate studies are completed, graduates must continue with their specialisation, which usually lasts between 5 to 7 years.
- For those interested, there are postgraduate and doctoral studies offered by the schools which last 4 to 5 years.
|Medical University||Programme (english)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()|
|Sofia University ‘St Kliment Ohridski’||Medicine||October||7,700|
|Trakia University – Stara Zagora||Medicine / Veterinary||October||7,000 / 4,000|
|Sofia Medical University||Medicine / Dentistry||October||8,000|
|Plovdiv Medical University||Medicine / Dentistry||October||8,000|
|Varna Medical University||Medicine / Dentistry||October||8,000|
|Pleven Medical University||Medicine||February||7,500|
|Forestry University – Sofia||Veterinary||October||4,500|
- To accompany the regular lectures, the teaching methodology also includes seminars, practical training and laboratories.
- All the medical schools are affiliated with specific medical clinics throughout the country.
- The libraries in the medical schools contain thousands of scientific volumes, placing them among the wealthiest knowledge databases in the world.
- The academic staff consists of celebrated professors and scientists of international calibre.
- Generally, EU and non-EU candidates seek admission to English taught programmes in medical, dental and veterinary schools.
- If English is not your mother tongue, you can submit an internationally recognised certificate of competency in the English language.
- If needed, you can complete a preparatory course to brush up on your English which generally costs between £2,190–3,504 and focuses on the relevant course terminology.
+ Is student funding available?
- Please note that Study Medicine Europe does not offer a student loan service. However, we are always looking for alternative financial aid options for students in Bulgaria.
- Please contact us to speak with a member of our team about student financial aid options in Bulgaria. Our representatives can keep you up-to-date with any changes regarding Bulgarian student loans to ensure that you have all the information you need.
+ What deadlines do I need to keep in mind?
- For candidates from EU countries and non-EU countries with a visa exemption, the deadline for applications is early October. This is for the winter entry session beginning in the middle of October.
- For the summer entry session starting at the beginning of February, the deadline is the middle of February.
- For Non-EU candidates requiring a visa, they must submit their application one month before the deadline as it usually takes up to a month for a student visa to be issued.
- The academic year in Bulgarian medical universities consists of 2 semesters and a summer training practice period lasting 30 days for 3rd, 4th and/or 5th year students.
- A timetable of the academic year at each university is structured like below:
|Teaching Period||Early September||Late December|
|Vacation time||Late December||End December|
|Exams||Early January||Late January|
|First retake examination||Early February||Mid February|
|Teaching Period||Mid February||Early May|
|Vacation time||Early May||Mid May|
|Exams||Early June||Mid June|
|First retake examination||Mid June||Late June|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
|Second retake examination||Early September||Mid September|
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events