Why Study Graduate Entry Dentistry at New Vision University (UK On-Campus options)?
No entry exams
5250/year (1st year: 7000)
October & March
+Why Choose New Vision University?
- New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi is one of the most rapidly growing universities in Georgia.
- NVU has a low student-teacher ratio and there are over 400 professors, scholars and practitioners on staff.
- Three-quarters of NVU’s total student body is made up of students from over 25 different countries.
- Those who are new to the country can familiarise themselves with the local culture, lifestyle and history by joining the Georgian Language Club.
- It’s easy to make new friends with the university’s diverse offering of societies and clubs.
+The 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme
- New Vision University’s graduate entry dentistry programme is open to candidates who already have a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- The graduate entry dentistry programme is four years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- Those who undertake the Graduate Entry pathway can accelerate their studies by starting in the second year of the five-year dentistry course.
- In the course, students initially focus on pre-clinical study through which they gain an understanding of dentistry fundamentals before moving to practical, clinical training on-campus at the renowned School of Dentistry.
- Upon graduation, students receive a fully-accredited and internationally-recognised dental degree.
- Graduates can practise dentistry in Georgia and across the world.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to undertake the assessment of graduate programme applications documents (such as evaluating academic transcripts); the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab outlines all aspects of this.
+What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- NVU Georgia graduate dentistry students will soon have the option to study pre-clinical modules on-campus in the UK.
- The university has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in the UK to convert to a modern dentistry campus.
- Students will begin studying on-campus in Derby, UK in late 2021.
- The NVU UK Campus will offer graduate dentistry students:
○ 4-Year Graduate Programme – Year One of pre-clinical modules on-campus
- Students will complete pre-clinical modules involving lectures and seminars, training on new dentistry equipment, laboratories, and units in new digital zones at the state-of-the-art campus.
+How Much Does the Programme Cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees *()|
|Dentistry||November & March||5250 (1st year: 7000)/year|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+What Funding Options are Available?
- New Vision University provides student loans that cover half of the annual tuition fees and covers one full academic year.
- Read the Student Loans page to learn more about eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- You can win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
+Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Dentistry Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Dubbed “the most exciting city” of 2018 by Forbes Magazine, Tbilisi offers a wealth of things to see and do for adventure-hungry students.
- The cost of living in Tbilisi is significantly lower than that of other cities, especially in the housing market.
- Tbilisi has a cheap and reliable public transport system, so you can get around with ease.
- The city has a wide range of cultural activities and events to enjoy.
- Nighthawks will enjoy the city’s fantastic selection of nightclubs, bars, and live music venues.
+Life in Georgia
- Georgia is a very safe country to live in due to its low crime rates and famously hospitable population.
- Gourmands will enjoy the rich food culture which draws inspiration from neighbouring regions.
- Those who love the great outdoors will relish exploring Georgia’s spectacular landscape. There are plenty of trails to discover in places such as the Great Caucus range and the Tusheti National Park.
+Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
- Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
- Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
- From during the dental degree,
- During post-qualification experience, or,
- A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
+Is Online Study Offered?
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
○ Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events