Why Study Medicine at National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in Greece?
No entry exams
+ Why Choose National and Kapodistrian University of Athens?
- The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens was founded in 1837 and comes under one of the best universities of the world.
- It is a public university in Athens, Greece. It has been in continuous operation since its establishment in 1837 and is the oldest higher education institution of the modern Greek state.
- National and Kapodistrian University establishes a system of academic excellence and character-building traditions with a focus on every student as very important personality.
- As one of the leading universities of Greece, National and Kapodistrian University comprises of a culture focused on student achievement, a commitment to high performance, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Today it is one of the largest universities by enrolment in Europe, with over 69,000 registered students.
- The University of Athens is divided into numerous schools, faculties and departments.
- At a particularly critical time for public health, the Athens School of Medicine is distinguished internationally by receiving awards for best professors in Humanities Medicine and Emergency Management.
+ The 6-Year Medicine Programme
- This Medicine programme opens a pathway for all students around the world who want to pursue medicine.
- Today, the Medical School has 3054 undergraduate and 5000 postgraduate students.
- The Undergraduate Program includes 60 compulsory courses and 99 elective courses.
- Medical students study for the pre-clinical modules, with professors and researchers and lectures, seminars and laboratories.
- The medical programme is broken down into three parts. The first two years consist of pre-clinical training followed by three years of clinical training and one year of internship.
- During first two years, students take lectures and attend seminars in auditoriums and laboratories at the university.
- The clinical rotations take place in hospitals and all the experience which medical students get during this time is practical.
- The clinical years consist of clinical rotations in 86 university clinics.
- Finally, in the last year of internship, students interact with patients at university hospitals under the supervision and guidance of senior doctors.
- The graduates get to have an EU and international medical license so they can go back and work anywhere in the world.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas &Water)||230||2760|
+ Admission to National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Greece.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Athens
- Athens is known as a university city and is also very famous for its beauty.
- Living costs in Greece are also affordable if the student remains in its budget.
- Life for international students is pretty enjoyable. Students can benefit from a wide range of both on-campus and off-campus activities.
- Every department of the university has a Student Union and all students belonging to the department have the right to register as members.
- Overall, the students can enjoy student life in Athens at its best.
+ Life in Greece
- Greece represents an ancient civilization. Situated in South-East Europe, Greece is located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Students quickly fall in love with Greek culture and food, which interestingly comes fresh and is inexpensive.
- Life is less expensive in Greece than in many other European countries and locals and visitors alike can still enjoy all the pleasure of life at affordable prices.
- As for students, higher education in Greece is cutting-edge, so one can be sure that one’s getting a fantastic education during the time studying in Greece.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events