Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the University of Traditional Medicine in Armenia?
No entry exams
Medicine: 6 Years
Dentistry: 5 Years
Offered with BSc Degree
- The University of Traditional Medicine is a private university established in 1991.
- One of the top medical universities in the region, The University of Traditional Medicine is a leader in its innovative approach to education.
- The university made a lot of progress in just 10 short years eventually receiving full accreditation in 2001.
- It is renowned for its outstanding teachers and research in the areas of medicine and dentistry and is a recognised and approved university by the WHO.
- It is home to students from all parts of the world including from across Europe and India.
- The university boasts an extensive library consisting of more than 6000 copies of research and educational texts as well as an electronic library.
- There is a very active student council that frequently puts on extracurricular events.
- The entirety of the medicine course is taught in English and lasts for 6 years.
- The first two years of the programme pay special attention to pre-clinical theory and study with the next four years much more focused on clinical study.
- The final year includes a one-year medical internship and you will also need to complete all state exams for licensing.
- Graduates may choose to continue with their specialisation in Armenia, but their degree and license will also entitle them to go to a country of their choosing worldwide.
- Thousands of graduates from Armenian universities practice around the world so the choice is entirely yours and there are great opportunities for employment in the US, the UK, and India.
- The dentistry course is taught in English and lasts 5 years.
- In years one and two, the focus is on immersing students in medical theory as well as key dentistry fundamentals.
- The focus shifts to clinical training between years three and five and includes clinical practice and apprenticeship with the study of pre and post clinical dentistry procedures.
- Upon successful completion of all course elements students become a Dentist and obtain a master’s degree.
- Some graduates choose to stay in Armenia to enjoy the low cost of living that makes it a very affordable country in which to live.
- Of course, graduates can gain excellent employment in any country of their choosing – including the US, the UK, and India.
- Graduate Entry is only available to candidates who have already obtained a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the sciences.
- This pathway is a great option for students wishing to stay in education, improve their job opportunities and accelerate the process of obtaining a degree in either Medicine or Dentistry.
- If the candidate satisfies the requirements, they may enrol in a later semester without taking entrance exams.
- For their application, graduates will have to submit transcripts of their courses they have completed in addition to the other necessary admission documents (see the list below).
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
Applicants are required to submit the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history, the course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with information on the subjects studied.
- Documentation authorising that you’re allowed to study in Armenia from your home country.
- A health certificate obtained in the last month verified by the country you plan to study.
- Two 4/5cm photos are required.
- All documents need to be translated into Armenian to satisfy state directives.
- Yerevan is the largest city in Armenia with a population in excess of 1 million.
- The economy has come a long way in recent years and the progress since the early 2000s has been particularly impressive.
- The city is now full of superb restaurants, great cafes, and many retail outfits to shop in at evenings and weekends.
- It is also home to many impressive landmarks such as the Erebuni Fortress, the Saint Gregory Cathedral and the beautiful Katoghike Tsiranavor Church.
- Cheap city transportation means that international students can travel throughout Yerevan and the rest of the country with ease.
- Yerevan’s low cost of living means that students can still enjoy a good standard of living on a very reasonable budget.
- With a population approaching 3 million, Armenia has enjoyed consistent economic progress since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
- It is an economy with a strong focus on agriculture and this makes up 20% of Armenian GDP.
- Armenia’s economy has seen particularly steady growth since 1995 with inflation now the lowest it’s ever been.
- Many new industries are now flourishing in Armenia such as jewellery making and IT with tourism also seeing excellent growth in recent years, particularly in major cities like Yerevan.
- Armenia is being rewarded for their economic progress with ever increasing support from international institutions like the IMF who are looking to further progress the Armenian economy with grants and loans as required.
- With it’s breathtaking landscapes, beautiful mountains and stunning national parks; Armenia has much to offer for nature-lovers and outdoor-types.