Why Study Medicine in English at the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in Georgia?
No entry exams
+Why choose Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University?
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was founded in 1914 and has a long legacy of quality education.
- With its innovative academic offerings, wonderful student community and central location in the historic city of Tbilisi, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is one of the most desirable universities in Georgia.
- It is currently placed by the University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) as the best University in Georgia.
- The university has an extensive network of professional and business contacts which are drawn on to help students with job placement and career success.
- The teaching methods and programmes are regularly checked by internal and external quality assurance mechanisms.
- The university plays host to many conferences and visiting professors throughout the year, giving students them a more global perspective of their field.
+What does the 6-Year Medicine programme involve?
- The entire programme is taught through English. It is six years in duration and each academic year is broken into two semesters.
- The course is divided into 2 years of basic, 1 year of pre-clinical and 3 years of clinical courses.
- The aim of the medical course is to provide students with internationally approved standards of knowledge.
- Students will develop skills in the following fields: scientific basis of medicine, clinical knowledge and skills, public health and healthcare systems, professional values, ethics and behaviour, communication skills, critical thinking and scientific research and information management.
- The programme emphasises an integrated approach with students gaining knowledge in basic, clinical and social disciplines.
- The medical programme is event-driven and interactive. It includes small group classes while also offering the opportunity for distance and e-learning.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas &Water)||60–80||720–960|
+Admission to Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Applicants are required to submit the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Founded in fifth century, the colourful and historic city of Tbilisi is located in the heart of the beautiful Mtkvari River valley.
- With its many museums, stunning architecture, vibrant culture and exciting food scene; Tbilisi has much to offer to international students.
- The public transport system has seen major improvements in recent times, enabling you to explore the city at your leisure.
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Tbilisi offers an attractive option to students who have a taste for adventure.
+Life in Georgia
- The country of Georgia has made vast strides since 1990 with every year seeing consistently steady economic progress.
- The tourism sector is experiencing on ongoing boom and is now an important source of income for the country’s economy.
- Much work has been done to improve the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country, making it easier than ever to travel around this stunning country.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Georgia boasts many breathtaking hiking routes, including the Tusheti National Park and the spellbinding Greater Caucasus Range.
- According to the 2017 Crime Index Rate, Georgia is listed among the top 7 safest countries in the world.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events