Why Study Medicine in English at “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad?
Exam in Biology
Medicine: 6 Years
+Why Choose the “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad?
- The university has very modern facilities having only been founded in 1990.
- It is named after Vlasile Goldis, a much renowned Romanian teacher and politician who played an important role in the union of Transylvania with Romania in 1918.
- The university is home to over 20,000 students studying a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes.
- There are many laboratories where students can reinforce their learning and a wonderful array of libraries in the university’s ‘library complex’.
- The library contains over 1 million scientific volumes.
+What does the Medicine programme involve?
- Medicine is a 6-year course and is taught exclusively in English.
- The programme is covered over two academic cycles with the first three years focusing on preclinical areas and covering the fundamentals as well as theory, independent research and laboratory work.
- The second cycle focuses on clinical education including surgical and preventive medicine courses with some hospital experience.
- Every summer between years 1-5 students must work in university affiliated hospitals for a minimum of 4 weeks per year – a total of 800 hours.
- In their final year, students are required to complete a dissertation on a topic they agree upon with their instructor.
- The final year ends with an exam split into three parts including a written exam, an oral presentation-exam and a clinical case study exam.
- Upon the successful completion of all criteria, students are awarded a Master ‘s Degree and the title of “Physician” (MD).
- The degree is recognised all around the world and allows graduates to practice in any country of their choosing.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (private accommodation)||219–277||2,628–3,504|
|Electricity & Gas||37||355|
|TV Cable / Internet||15||175|
+Admission to “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad
Candidates must submit the below documents:
- A filled out application form.
- The Baccalaureate diploma or an equivalent copy and authenticated translation in Romanian in two copies (translated if the original is not in English or French) and transcripts of records / diploma supplement (copy).
- For transfer of applicants: transcript of records and syllabus of the university, for the recognition of previous studies.
- Copy of valid passport pages (1-4) or another valid form of identification.
- Birth certificate’s copy and authenticated translation in two copies.
- Medical certificate including HIV and VDRL medical tests in addition to chronic or neuropsychological illnesses, contagious diseases or other illnesses not compatible with working in the profession.
- 4 passport-size photos.
- Curriculum Vitae.
+Life in Arad
- Arad is the thirteenth biggest city in Romania with an estimated population of 148,000 people.
- During the 19th century, the city experienced significant economic development, and is today considered to be one of the most prosperous cities in Romania.
- Arad has a rich history and the city contains some wonderful monuments, statues and churches of great archaeological and historical importance.
- Arad has become a cultural hub in Romania as evidenced by the annual Classical Theatre Festival in the illustrious Arad State Theatre.
+Life in Romania
- Romania is located in Southeast of Europe and is the eighth largest country in the EU with a population of approximately 19 million.
- The country has a rich history but between 1948 and 1989, it was under communist influence.
- It is now a free democracy and has worked hard over the last number of decades to rebuild its economy.
- Romania’s progress was reinforced when they joined the EU in 2007 and the country now has a fantastic quality of life for its citizens and visiting students.
- The low cost of living in Romania coupled with the high quality Romania universities makes it a popular destination for international students the world over.
Watch Our Videos