Why Study Medicine in English at the Georgian National University in Georgia?
No entry exams
October & March
- Georgian National University (SEU) in Tbilisi, Georgia is a very distinguished and internationally-focused tertiary institution.
- SEU has four faculties (including undergraduate and Master’s offerings) and nearly 500 lecturers.
- The university has close partnerships with international organisations including fellow universities, teaching and diplomatic corps, and currently welcomes visiting foreign professors, researchers and practicing professionals to participate in the academic process.
- The learning buildings of SEU are considered a symbol of modern Tbilisi while it still retains its heritage in the historical area of the capital city.
- SEU belongs to the Association of Medical Schools in Europe and the International Association for Medical Education in addition to having its own Scientific Journal “Seu&science”.
- The university also operates its own ‘Alumni Club’ that connects current students with graduates while also aligning alumni with the university and providing graduate support systems.
- SEU offers the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme to students wishing to undertake a rigorous medical training.
- The programme is taught entirely in English with an experienced teaching staff who guide students through comprehensive modules designed to prepare them for all areas of working in medicine.
- The six-year SEU programme is in compliance with educational programme standards for medicine in the EU as well as Georgian legislation.
- Over six years, students complete Years One-Two in basics of medicine, then Year Three involves preclinical courses, and Years Four-Six comprise clerkships and clinical rotations with exposure to advanced medical practice.
- SEU places students in labs, clinics, centres, hospitals and facilities so they gain extensive experience and refined professional skills across a range of settings.
- Graduates from SEU are highly trained with modern methods of teaching and learning, they can attend local and international events plus exchange programs while studying, and are supported to pursue further studies as well as their field of employment.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas &Water)||60–80||720–960|
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
- Tbilisi is a modern city that retains its heritage and has evolved continually in the three decades since Georgia gained independence in 1991 and then the Rose Revolution of 2003.
- The economic transformation following the revolution has led to the real estate market boom and attracted global investors.
- Modern Tbilisi is rich and immersive with a blend of old and new, a thriving food scene, arts and culture perfect for visitors and residents alike.
- The Art Nouveau buildings in Tbilisi are particularly fascinating and the Kura River provides a wonderful view of the city.
- The city favours relaxed exploration including the complex terrain of the hills and cliffs of the Old Town plus the National Botanical Garden of Georgia in the hills of the Sololaki Range.
- Georgia is a growing country with a population of around four million people and the economic boom has been consistent for the last thirty years.
- Tourism is a major part of the economy, with the wine industry, ski resorts, history and geography between Europe and Central Asia all attracting visitors.
- Georgia has an incredibly rich biodiversity thanks to its diverse landscape and low latitude with forests, snow, steppes and coastline.
- The natural landmarks of Georgia are truly spectacular and it is a favourite destination for hikers thanks to the Greater Caucasus Range and the Tusheti National Park.