Why Study Veterinary Medicine in Internationally Established Bulgarian Veterinary Universities?
Exams in Biology & English
Veterinary: 5.5 Years
Bulgarian Universities to Study Veterinary Medicine in English
+ What is the 5.5-Year Undergraduate Veterinary Medicine Course?
- Trakia University – Stara Zagora was established in 1995, after two state universities joined together.
- The University employs 600 highly educated academic staff teaching more than 6,500 enrolled students.
- It has gained international acclaim specifically for its practical training facilities and its work experience opportunities.
- The course entirely taught in English consists of 10 semesters of academic training and an internship semester.
- During the first three years, students cover pre-clinical and clinical skills before they shift to clinical practice that takes place in the final two and a half years.
- The campus includes a hospital as well as a modern library with over 300,000 volumes as well as a host of state-of-the-art student facilities.
- Forestry University – Sofia was founded in 1925 and is one of the oldest educational institutions in Bulgaria.
- The university consists of six schools with thirty departments and employs 51 respected professors teaching more than 700 students.
- The course is broken down to 10 semesters of academic training and an internship semester.
- In the first three years, students cover pre-clinical and clinical subjects and in the last two and a half years, they shift to clinical practice.
- The University has a modern library that contains more than 100,000 volumes, including books, dissertations, theses and celebrated scientific magazines.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form including brief biographical data, educational history and any courses for which the candidate is applying
- Copy of a diploma confirming completion of secondary education, with an academic transcript stating the disciplines studied
- Document issued by relevant authorities which certifies the right to continue education in higher schools and universities in the country of origin of the secondary school attended by the candidate
- Health certificate issued no more than one month prior to application and verified in the country from which the candidate is applying
- Two 4-5cm photographs
+ Why Study Veterinary Medicine in Bulgaria?
- Bulgaria is located in Southeast Europe, it is bordered by Romania to the north, Serbia and North Macedonia to the west, Greece and Turkey to the south, and the Black Sea to the east.
- After 1980, Bulgaria has been transformed into an industrial economy, with scientific and technological research at the top of its budgetary expenditure priorities.
- It became a member of NATO in 2004 and joined the European Union in 2007.
- Bulgaria has modernised the higher education system taking into account good practices and introductions of new managerial models to better strengthening its veterinary medicine universities.
- The country has evolved into an important hub of global academic stature offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events