Why Choose Georgian Medical Universities?
No entry exams
Medicine: 5 or 6 Years
Dentistry: 5 Years
Available due to Covid-19
+What do the programmes cost?
- Below is the list of costs for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Georgian medical universities:
|Medical University||Programme (English)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()|
|New Vision University||Medicine||October, November, March & May||5250 (1st year: 7000)|
|New Vision University||Dentistry||November & March||3750 (1st year: 5000)|
|Caucasus International University||Medicine / Dentistry||October & March||5,000 for Medicine / 4,200 for Dentistry|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||Medicine||October & March||6,000|
- The medicine course lasts for a period of 5 or 6 years and the dentistry course is 5 years long.
- New Vision University offers an accelerated 5-year medical programme providing that students take on additional subjects each year.
- Students in both programmes will have the opportunity to continue at their chosen university with a selection of post graduate and doctoral studies available.
+How are the courses taught?
- The teaching practices at Georgian medical universities are extremely modern and focus on a range of task-based and innovative teaching techniques with a unique approach to learning.
- There is a good mix of non-clinical and clinical materials covered in lectures and seminars and also a strong focus on independent research assignments and laboratory work.
- All Georgian medical universities are affiliated with hospitals and clinics throughout the country.
- The libraries are comprehensive at all universities and contain thousands of scientific volumes, putting them amongst the largest in the world.
- The professors and scientists are of international calibre across the universities.
- Depending on the programme they choose, students can split their time between online and on-campus learning. The online learning portal includes videos, live-streams, question banks plus much more. Online learning is temporarily available during Covid-19 for students to maintain their studies.
+Admission for Undergraduate Entry
- Both EU and non-EU students can apply for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Georgian medical universities.
- However, if English is not your mother tongue, you are required to submit an internationally recognised language certificate as required by the universities.
- There is also the option to do a course to improve your English at a cost of £1,000.
+Admission for Graduate Entry
- New Vision University offers a four-year Graduate Entry Medicine and Dentistry Programme.
- Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor of Science degree from a science-related field.
- The graduate entry medicine programme allows students start in the third year of the six-year course.
- The graduate entry dentistry programme lets students start in the second year of the five-year course.
- Graduate entry candidates do not have to take entrance exams.
- This programme is a great opportunity for those seeking an accelerated pathway towards a Medical or Dental degree.
+Will funding be available?
- Some of our partner universities in Georgia offer funding options for medical students in the form of Scholarships.
- New Vision University also offers a Student Loans These loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over one full academic year.
- To learn more about student loans and scholarships in Georgia, please contact one of our representatives.
+What deadlines should I be aware of?
- For students who do not require a visa from EU and non-EU countries, the deadline is the start of the previous month for each intake.
- Candidates who need a visa will need to submit an application a month prior to the deadlines to ensure the visa is processed in time.
- The academic year takes place over two semesters and requires students to partake in training practice in years two, three, and four of their studies.
- The timetable will be structured as follows:
|Teaching Period||Early October||Late December|
|Vacation time||Late December||End December|
|Exams||Early January||Late January|
|First retake examination||Early February||Mid February|
|Teaching Period||Early March||Early May|
|Vacation time||Early May||Mid May|
|First retake examination||Mid-June||Late June|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
|Second retake examination||Early September||Mid September|
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events