Why Choose Georgian Medical Universities?
- Georgia is home to many of the most highly regarded medical schools in Europe, offering degrees with international accreditation so all qualifications are recognised around the world.
- Every single year, students from all parts of the world including the UK, France, and India choose to study medicine in Georgian universities.
- All available programmes have been listed as highly rated in directories of medical schools from around the world.
- Choosing a career in medicine is a really rewarding one as you know you are making a difference to people’s health every day and it is of course very well paid.
+What do the programmes cost?
- Below is the list of costs for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Georgian medical universities:
- The medicine course lasts for a period of 6 years and the dentistry course is 5 years long.
- Students in both programmes will have the opportunity to continue at their chosen university with a selection of post graduate and doctoral studies available.
|Medical University||Programme (English)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year (£)|
|New Vision University||Medicine||September||4,000 – 5,300 for Medicine|
|Caucasus International University||Medicine / Dentistry||October & March||£3,500 for Medicine £3,000 for Dentistry|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||Medicine||October & March||£3,500|
+How are the courses taught?
- The teaching practices at Georgian medical universities are extremely modern and focus on a range of task-based and innovative teaching techniques with a unique approach to learning.
- There is a good mix of non-clinical and clinical materials covered in lectures and seminars and also a strong focus on independent research assignments and laboratory work.
- All Georgian medical universities are affiliated with hospitals and clinics throughout the country.
- The libraries are comprehensive at all universities and contain thousands of scientific volumes, putting them amongst the largest in the world.
- The professors and scientists are of international calibre across the universities.
+Am I eligible?
- Both EU and non-EU students can apply for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Georgian medical universities.
- However, if English is not your mother tongue, you are required to submit an internationally recognised cert as required by the universities.
- There is also the option to do a course to improve your English at a cost of £1,000.
+Will funding be available?
- Study Medicine Europe does not offer a loan service; however, we are always on the lookout for new funding options for university students in Georgia.
- To learn more about student loans in Georgia, please contact one of our representatives. Our team will update you with all the latest developments changes regarding Georgian student loans.
+What deadlines should I be aware of?
- For students who do not require a visa from EU and non-EU countries, the deadline is the start of the previous month for each intake.
- Candidates who need a visa will need to submit an application a month prior to the deadlines to ensure the visa is processed in time.
- The academic year takes place over two semesters and requires students to partake in training practice in years two, three, and four of their studies.
- The timetable will be structured as follows:
|Teaching Period||Early October||Late December|
|Vacation time||Late December||End December|
|Exams||Early January||Late January|
|First retake examination||Early February||Mid February|
|Teaching Period||Early March||Early May|
|Vacation time||Early May||Mid May|
|First retake examination||Mid-June||Late June|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
|Second retake examination||Early September||Mid September|
Watch Our Videos