Whenever original documents must be submitted the notarization must be by an official governing agency, and if a translation is required, the original copies must submitted together with their translation into Bulgarian, which has to be notarized and certified in accordance with the provisions of the international treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria with the host/issuing state by the respective Ministry of External Affairs or Translation body in the country of issuance. In the absence of such bi-lateral provisions, the general notary procedure for legalization, translation and certification of documents and other documents is applicable. Prospective students have to submit the following documents in order to be accepted to any Bulgarian University Medical School, Dental School or Veterinary School:
- A certified and notarized copy of a certificate of graduation from high school, with an official translation in Bulgarian.
- A certified and notarized copy of the official transcripts of all studied subjects in high school including final grades and cumulative grade point average, with an official translation in Bulgarian.
- An original document issued by the applicant’s high school certifying that the applicant is entitled to continue his or her education in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the latter has acquired his or her secondary (high school) education, with an official translation in Bulgarian.
- A notarized certificate of a candidate’s physical and mental health status, issued by certified medical professionals within a month before the date of the application, stating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health to pursue studies at a Medical University, with an official translation in Bulgarian.
- A notarized declaration of financial support by the applicant`s parents or legal guardians during his or her studies at the Medical University that he or she is applying to, and/or a letter from a financial institution that proves funding is available accompanied by a legalized letter that states these funds are to be allocated for this purpose, with an official translation if applicable or written in Bulgarian.
- A certified and notarized copy of the applicant’s passport (only pages with the photo and data).
- Five recent color passport size photographs with the photographer’s seal and date in the back.
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae
- For postgraduate studies: two certified copies of the undergraduate or postgraduate diploma along with the transcript
- Applicants that enjoy dual citizenship rights, one of which is Bulgarian, should submit the aforementioned stated documents in addition to the following:
- A notarized copy of their Bulgarian ID.
- A notarized copy of the applicant’s national passport (as proof of the other, non-Bulgarian citizenship).
- A notarized declaration (legalized in Bulgaria) that the person possessing a foreign passport and the person possessing the Bulgarian ID are exactly the same person.
- For EU countries: certified copies of documents are issued by a solicitor or notary without the need to carry the Hague Apostille with the exception of the countries of Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus.
- For non-EU candidates: certified copies of documents are issued by a solicitor or notary. Then, they will have to be legalized by getting the Hague Apostille for the documents issued in countries which are part of the Hague Convention or else, documents must be authenticated by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country and, finally, the Embassy of Bulgaria in that country.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events