Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the Caucasus International University in Georgia?
No entry exams
Medicine: 6 Years
Dentistry: 5 Years
October & March
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+Why Choose Caucasus International University?
- Caucasus International University was founded in 2004 and is currently on track to become one of the leading medical and dentistry universities in Europe.
- Both the quality of the professors and the number of students attending the university continues to increase every year.
- The teaching methods and programmes are regularly updated to ensure they are in line with European requirements.
- The university is home to wonderfully modern laboratories with all the required equipment to learn about the world of medicine and dentistry.
- The university also has partnerships with highly regarded universities such as Georgia State University in the United States and Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France.
- By attending one of our open days, candidates put themselves in with a chance to winning a scholarship which covers 70% of the tuition fees.
+What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes involve?
- The entire programme is taught through English and is 6 years in duration.
- The first 2 years of the programme are focussed heavily on pre-clinical areas with the focus shifting to clinical study for years 3-5.
- In the final year, there will be a year-long internship in a local hospital and completion of the state exams is also required.
- Upon completion of all requirements over the 6 years, students will be become a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and obtain a master’s degree.
- All graduates will have ample opportunity to get great jobs in Georgia or in a hospital and country of their choosing around the world including the UK, the USA, and India.
- The dentistry course at Caucasus International University lasts for 5 years.
- The first 2 years will focus largely on pre-clinical study where students will gain an understanding of dentistry fundamentals.
- The course from years 3-5 will focus primarily on clinical training. The course ends with a 6 month internship and students must complete state exams.
- The course will give students a thorough understanding of all areas related to pre & post clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- Successful students will be rewarded the title of Dentist and also earn a master’s degree.
- Newly qualified dentists will have a great opportunity to find work in Georgia or continue with their practice in the USA, the UK, and India.
+Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- CIU welcomes candidates with a science-related Bachelor’s (BSc) degree to apply for the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- The accelerated graduate programme begins in Year Three of the six-year undergraduate course and all modules are taught in English.
- Candidates apply with the submission of analytical transcripts of previously completed courses and admission paperwork; if accepted, there are no entry exams.
- Graduate entry involves one year of preclinical modules and three years of intensive clinical rotations, internships and exams to prepare students for a global medicine career.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has authorisation to assess graduate programme applications including the evaluation of documentation (Bachelor’s Degree paperwork and academic transcripts); see the tab for all details below: Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
+Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme
- CIU also offers the 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry programme for candidates who hold a science-related Bachelor’s (BSc) degree.
- This programme enables students to complete a dentistry qualification in an accelerated period; studies begin in Year Two of the five-year undergraduate dentistry course.
- To apply, applicants submit analytical academic transcripts and admission paperwork; if they are successful, there are no entry exams.
- Graduate dentistry at CIU is a competitive, highly-regarded course with students completing intensive training with one year of preclinical dentistry modules followed by three years of clinical modules in hospitals and clinics.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has authorisation to assess programme applications for graduate courses such as reviewing academic transcripts and Bachelor’s Degree documentation; all information is at the tab below: Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) offers students at Georgian universities the option to apply for international clinical rotation opportunities at hospitals or clinical facilities in Ireland, the UK, the USA, Canada, and Australia.
- These rotations can be studied for up to three years with SME matching applicants to the preferred location and facility ensuring that all modules align with the university’s medicine programme.
- To apply, students submit the following documentation to SME:
- Their CV and rotation preferences consisting of the location, facility, department, and duration of placement.
- An official authorisation of the application from the university professor who coordinates their medicine programme.
- Placements are strictly limited based on matching modules to the location therefore SME processes applications in order of submission then makes offers in the same order.
- International clinical experience is an enriching study opportunity with students expanding their professional network and learning in dynamic medical settings.
+What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||5,500|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+Admission to Caucasus International University
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history, and course you are applying for.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia from your home country.
- Two small 4/5cm photos.
- All documents also need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine and Dentistry Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Tbilisi has made vast strides since Georgia gained its independence in 1991 and since the Rose Resolution of 2003 has become a great place to live.
- What the revolution did is transform the economy and caused the real estate market to boom. This attracted investors from all parts of the world.
- Modern Tbilisi is a wonderful city to live in with a great selection of well-reviewed restaurants and cafes as well as a great selection of pubs and clubs to enjoy on evenings and weekends.
- For people who like history, there are many museums to enjoy and explore in the city with a strong focus on Art Nouveau buildings in the city.
- The transportation system has vastly improved in recent times so you will have no problem exploring the city at your leisure.
+Life in Georgia
- The country of Georgia now has a population of more than 3.7 million and economic progress has been steady every year since they achieved independence in 1991.
- Tourism has grown massively in recent years and it is now an important source of income for the country’s economy – contributing around $2.16 billion in 2016.
- Moreover, in recent times the roads surrounding Tbilisi particularly have been transformed.
- It is also the perfect place to live for people who enjoy walks and hikes as Georgia has some amazing places to explore including the Tusheti National Park and the spellbinding Greater Caucasus Range.