Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the Caucasus International University in Georgia?
No entry exams
Medicine: 6 Years
Dentistry: 5 Years
+Why Choose Caucasus International University?
- Caucasus International University was founded in 2004 and is currently on track to become one of the leading medical and dentistry universities in Europe.
- Both the quality of the professors and the number of students attending the university continues to increase every year.
- The teaching methods and programmes are regularly updated to ensure they are in line with European requirements.
- The university is home to wonderfully modern laboratories with all the required equipment to learn about the world of medicine and dentistry.
- The university also has partnerships with highly regarded universities such as Georgia State University in the United States and Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France.
- By attending one of our open days, candidates put themselves in with a chance to winning a scholarship which covers 70% of the tuition fees.
+What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes involve?
- The entire programme is taught through English and is 6 years in duration.
- The first 2 years of the programme are focussed heavily on pre-clinical areas with the focus shifting to clinical study for years 3-5.
- In the final year, there will be a year-long internship in a local hospital and completion of the state exams is also required.
- Upon completion of all requirements over the 6 years, students will be become a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and obtain a master’s degree.
- All graduates will have ample opportunity to get great jobs in Georgia or in a hospital and country of their choosing around the world including the UK, the USA, and India.
- The dentistry course at Caucasus International University lasts for 5 years.
- The first 2 years will focus largely on pre-clinical study where students will gain an understanding of dentistry fundamentals.
- The course from years 3-5 will focus primarily on clinical training. The course ends with a 6 month internship and students must complete state exams.
- The course will give students a thorough understanding of all areas related to pre & post clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- Successful students will be rewarded the title of Dentist and also earn a master’s degree.
- Newly qualified dentists will have a great opportunity to find work in Georgia or continue with their practice in the USA, the UK, and India.
+What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||5,500|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+Admission to Caucasus International University
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history, and course you are applying for.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia from your home country.
- Two small 4/5cm photos.
- All documents also need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
+Life in Tbilisi
- Tbilisi has made vast strides since Georgia gained its independence in 1991 and since the Rose Resolution of 2003 has become a great place to live.
- What the revolution did is transform the economy and caused the real estate market to boom. This attracted investors from all parts of the world.
- Modern Tbilisi is a wonderful city to live in with a great selection of well-reviewed restaurants and cafes as well as a great selection of pubs and clubs to enjoy on evenings and weekends.
- For people who like history, there are many museums to enjoy and explore in the city with a strong focus on Art Nouveau buildings in the city.
- The transportation system has vastly improved in recent times so you will have no problem exploring the city at your leisure.
+Life in Georgia
- The country of Georgia now has a population of more than 3.7 million and economic progress has been steady every year since they achieved independence in 1991.
- Tourism has grown massively in recent years and it is now an important source of income for the country’s economy – contributing around $2.16 billion in 2016.
- Moreover, in recent times the roads surrounding Tbilisi particularly have been transformed.
- It is also the perfect place to live for people who enjoy walks and hikes as Georgia has some amazing places to explore including the Tusheti National Park and the spellbinding Greater Caucasus Range.