Why Choose Romanian Medical Universities
- Romania is home to some of the best medical universities in Europe, offering internationally accredited degrees that are recognised worldwide.
- Every year, students come from countries around the world (including the UK, Germany, Austria, France, India and China) to complete their medical studies in Romania.
- Programmes offered by Romanian universities are listed in the most esteemed directories of international medical schools.
- A career in medicine is extremely rewarding as you work every day to improve people’s health and it of course comes with excellent financial rewards.
+How much are the programmes?
- The fees for the medical, dentistry and veterinary medicine programmes at Romanian universities are as follows:
- The duration of all programmes is 6 years.
- When students complete their undergraduate studies and master’s degree, they must continue with their specialisation, usually lasting 5 to 7 years.
- There is also a selection of postgraduate and doctoral studies offered in all the schools listed, which last 4 to 5 years.
|Medical University||Program (english / french)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year (£)|
|“Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Iasi||Medicine / Dentistry||October||4,300|
|“Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad||Medicine||October||4,300|
|Ovidius University of Constanta||Medicine||October||4,300|
|University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca||Veterinary||October||4,000|
+How are the courses taught?
- The teaching methodology at Romanian medical universities employs a variety of creative, task-based, innovative teaching techniques, and learning approach strategies.
- The learning is based around student-focused non-clinical and clinical courses in the form of seminars, lectures, practical training, independent research assignments and labs.
- Medical schools in Romania are affiliated with medical clinics and hospitals throughout the country.
- The libraries contain thousands of scientific volumes, placing them among the largest databases in the world.
- The academic staff is comprised of distinguished professors and scientists of international research calibre.
- The body of instructors is comprised of experts from preclinical and clinical backgrounds who have vast experience utilising diverse methodologies when teaching.
+Am I eligible for admission?
- Prospective EU and non-EU students can apply to both English and French taught medical, dental or veterinary programmes at Romanian medical universities.
- If English or French is not your native language, you can submit an internationally recognised certificate in your chosen language as per the university’s admission requirements.
+Is funding available?
- State financial aid is readily available to non-EU students for taught programmes instructed in Romanian. (Find out more about scholarships)
- If you live in an EU country, you are eligible to receive a student loan from local banks in the area and Study Medicine Europe will act as a guarantor for the loan on your behalf. (Find out more about student loans)
+When are the deadlines?
- For EU & non-EU countries exempted from requiring a visa, the deadline is in the middle of September.
- Candidates from other EU countries with no visa exemption are required to submit their application by the middle of August, as it can take up to a month for a student visa to be issued.
- The academic year consists of 2 semesters as well as a summer training practice from the 1st to the5th year of your studies which lasts for a minimum of 14 days each year.
- The timetable for the academic year will be structured similarly to the below.
|Teaching Period||Early October||Late December|
|Vacation time||Late December||Late December|
|Teaching period continuous||Early January||Mid January|
|Exams||Mid January||Mid February|
|Winter brake||Mid February||Mid February|
|Teaching Period||Mid February||Early May|
|Vacation time||Early May||Mid May|
|Teaching period continuous||Mid May||Late May|
|Exams||Early June||Mid June|
|First retake examination||Mid June||Late June|
|Break||Late June||Late June|
|Session Retake I||Early July||Mid July|
|Break||Mid July||Mid July|
|Session Retake II||Mid July||Late July|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
|Medicine students||Late July||Middle August|
|Dentistry students||Late July||Middle August|
|Veterinary students||Late July||Middle August|
Watch Our Videos