Why Choose Romanian Medical Universities
No entry exams
- Medicine: €7,500/year
- Dentistry: €7,500/year
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ How much are the programmes?
- The fees for the medical, dentistry and veterinary medicine programmes at Romanian universities are as follows:
- The duration of all programmes is 6 years.
- When students complete their undergraduate studies and master’s degree, they must continue with their specialisation, usually lasting 5 to 7 years.
- There is also a selection of postgraduate and doctoral studies offered in all the schools listed, which last 4 to 5 years.
|Medical University||Program (english / french)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()|
|“Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Iasi||Medicine / Dentistry||October||7,500|
|“Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad||Medicine||October||7,500|
+ How are the courses taught?
- The teaching methodology at Romanian medical universities employs a variety of creative, task-based, innovative teaching techniques, and learning approach strategies.
- The learning is based around student-focused non-clinical and clinical courses in the form of seminars, lectures, practical training, independent research assignments and labs.
- Medical schools in Romania are affiliated with medical clinics and hospitals throughout the country.
- The libraries contain thousands of scientific volumes, placing them among the largest databases in the world.
- The academic staff is comprised of distinguished professors and scientists of international research calibre.
- The body of instructors is comprised of experts from preclinical and clinical backgrounds who have vast experience utilising diverse methodologies when teaching.
+ Am I eligible for admission?
- Prospective EU and non-EU students can apply to both English and French taught medical, dental or veterinary programmes at Romanian medical universities.
- If English or French is not your native language, you can submit an internationally recognised certificate in your chosen language as per the university’s admission requirements.
+ Is funding available?
- Please note that Study Medicine Europe does not offer a student loan service. However, our team is always looking for new funding opportunities available to international students.
- For more information about student loans in Romania, please contact us. Our representatives are up-to-date with all the latest developments and can ensure that you have all the most relevant information regarding Romanian student financial aid options.
+ When are the deadlines?
- For EU & non-EU countries exempted from requiring a visa, the deadline is in the middle of September.
- Candidates from other EU countries with no visa exemption are required to submit their application by the middle of August, as it can take up to a month for a student visa to be issued.
- The academic year consists of 2 semesters as well as a summer training practice from the 1st to the5th year of your studies which lasts for a minimum of 14 days each year.
- The timetable for the academic year will be structured similarly to the below.
|Teaching Period||Early October||Late December|
|Vacation time||Late December||Late December|
|Teaching period continuous||Early January||Mid January|
|Exams||Mid January||Mid February|
|Winter brake||Mid February||Mid February|
|Teaching Period||Mid February||Early May|
|Vacation time||Early May||Mid May|
|Teaching period continuous||Mid May||Late May|
|Exams||Early June||Mid June|
|First retake examination||Mid June||Late June|
|Break||Late June||Late June|
|Session Retake I||Early July||Mid July|
|Break||Mid July||Mid July|
|Session Retake II||Mid July||Late July|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
|Medicine students||Late July||Middle August|
|Dentistry students||Late July||Middle August|
|Veterinary students||Late July||Middle August|
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events