Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine at New Vision University?
No entry exams
5250/year (1st year:7000)
First 1 Year
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose New Vision University?
- New Vision University (NVU) is a fully-accredited and globally-recognised university located in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- With over 400 professors, scholars and practitioners on staff; there is an excellent low student-teacher ratio which ensures that all students get the individual attention that they need to succeed.
- With its own hospital, the university takes pride in providing students with first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- It’s easy to make new friends with the university’s diverse selection of societies and clubs.
- Students have flexible study pathways including the option to have personalised online study for up to the first year of their course.
- Online study is an option temporarily available due to Covid-19.
+ The 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- New Vision University’s graduate entry medicine programme is open to candidates who already have a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- The graduate entry medicine programme is four years in duration and is completely taught through English.
- Those who take the Graduate Entry pathway can accelerate their studies by starting in the third year of the six-year medicine course.
- The programme is structured into pre-clinical modules for the first year and clinical modules with hospital and professional facility rotations for the final three years.
- Students can gain real-world experience in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university.
- Upon graduation, students receive a fully-accredited and globally-recognised medical degree.
- Graduates can go on to practice medicine in Georgia and across the world.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to process and assess application paperwork for the graduate programme (inclusive of academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies documentation); all details are at the tab below, Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
+ What are the Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia?
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) facilitates competitive clinical rotation opportunities for students studying at European universities to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities abroad.
- Offers are made after matching medical student’s preferences and offered clinical rotation in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia.
- In order to apply, students are required to submit:
- Their CV, application documentation and specific preferences including the facility, its location, the department and the duration of the placement.
- Along with this documentation, students must also have an authorised confirmation of their application from the NVU professor coordinating their programme.
- Placements are offered upon availability, so an early application is required.
- The international clinical rotations opportunity is an invaluable training, learning and networking avenue for all students for both their career and skill development.
+ What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- NVU graduate students will soon be able to study pre-clinical modules in Derby in the UK.
- The university has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building to be converted to a UK Medical Campus.
- The NVU Graduate Medicine Programme with UK Campus study involves
- 4-Year Graduate Programme – Year 1 Pre-clinical Modules studied at Derby in the UK
- Once open, students will learn on a modern medical campus with facilities such as lecture and seminar spaces, digital zones, medical equipment training, and scientific and research laboratories.
- On-campus NVU graduate studies begin in the latter half of 2021.
+ How is the Online Study Programme offered?
- Students at New Vision University can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes through an interactive teaching platform, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Students have the following options for online studies:
- 4-Year Graduate Course ‒ up to the first year online
- Following online study, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
+ British Professors & Medical Faculty
- NVU Georgia has expanded its teaching faculty with the recruitment of 52 British Professors to its medical faculty.
- These British Professors have worked extensively in the NHS in the UK and are senior consultants.
- In addition to working as specialist consultant Surgeons and consultant Physicians, NVU’s new British Professors hold academic positions in British and American Medical Schools
- These new Professors contribute significantly to the enriching curriculum taught at NVU, teaching classes and delivering course modules in line with leading British Universities such as Imperial College, the University of Oxford, and the University of Cambridge.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees*()|
|Medicine||November & March||5250 (1st year: 7000)/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ What Funding Options are Available?
NVU has a number of funding options including Student Loans and Scholarships.Student Loans
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over the course of one full academic year.
- Visit our Student Loans page to discover more about the eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- You can win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
+ Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- In 2018, Forbes Magazine named Tbilisi “the most exciting city” of the year.
- Tbilisi’s cost of living is much lower than that of other cities, particularly for housing.
- You can easily navigate the city on its inexpensive public transport system
- You will never be bored as Tbilisi has a diverse array of cultural activities and events to enjoy.
- There is a buzzing nightlife and a great selection of nightclubs, bars, and live music venues to enjoy.
+ Life in Georgia
- Georgia is an extremely safe country due to its low crime rates.
- Foodies will relish the nation’s unique food culture which pulls inspiration from the cuisine of neighbouring regions.
- Outdoorsmen will love Georgia’s spectacular natural landscape. There are plenty of trails to discover in places such as the Great Caucus range and the Tusheti National Park.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events