Why Study Medicine in English at Kiev Medical University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Kiev Medical University?
- The most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev, Kiev Medical University (KMU) is one of the best medical universities in Ukraine.
- The university boasts excellent teaching standards and stays up-to-date with the ongoing international developments in medical education.
- Medical students are offered many opportunities to engage in international exchange programs, conferences and scientific projects.
- The university features many extracurricular activities and sports activities to encourage students to remain fit and active.
- Centrally located in the vibrant city of Kiev, this university is an attractive option for students.
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- The programme is available in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- It is 6 years in duration and each year is split into two semesters.
- The university has devised the curriculum in accordance to EU rules.
- The first three years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects while the final three years focus on clinical subjects.
- The course is taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The faculty members are dynamic, experienced, versatile and fluent in English. They strive to incorporate all the latest methods into their teaching.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) clinical rotations matching initiative gives all KMU students the opportunity to study modules for up to three years in professional medical facilities outside of Ukraine.
- Places for clinical rotations are available in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA and Australia with SME matching the university’s rotation modules with that of hospital or facility in one of these regions.
- Students are required to apply to SME via the following process:
- Submit to SME relevant request documents comprising their CV, the department name and the specified duration of the rotation (ensuring this is in line with their university’s study programme).
- These documents must be accompanied with a signed, authorised official application authorisation from the student’s programme Professor.
- The clinical rotations initiative has only limited places with students eligibility based on their application, available places and the order of applications with places offered accordingly.
- International clinical experience is a major professional opportunity for medical students and especially beneficial for a career in global medicine.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||3,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Kiev Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Kiev
- The historic fifth century city of Kiev features a rich culture, stunning architecture and beautiful scenery.
- Kiev is famous for its unique food culture and is an excellent spot for gourmands with top-quality food available at very affordable prices.
- The city boasts an abundance of parks and is located near to a beach.
- It offers a variety of inexpensive public transport options including a Metro, buses and trams.
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Kiev is a highly attractive prospect for students with a taste for adventure.
+ Living in Ukraine
- The country of Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and has a wealth of diverse cultures.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Ukraine has 20 natural reserves and is renowned for its beautiful landscapes which include breathtaking mountains, deep lakes and dense forests.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events