Why Study Medicine in English at Kiev Medical University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why choose Kiev Medical University?
- The most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev, Kiev Medical University (KMU) is one of the best medical universities in Ukraine.
- The university boasts excellent teaching standards and stays up-to-date with the ongoing international developments in medical education.
- Medical students are offered many opportunities to engage in international exchange programs, conferences and scientific projects.
- The university features many extracurricular activities and sports activities to encourage students to remain fit and active.
- Centrally located in the vibrant city of Kiev, this university is an attractive option for students.
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- The programme is available in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- It is 6 years in duration and each year is split into two semesters.
- The university has devised the curriculum in accordance to EU rules.
- The first three years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects while the final three years focus on clinical subjects.
- The course is taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The faculty members are dynamic, experienced, versatile and fluent in English. They strive to incorporate all the latest methods into their teaching.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- In Ukraine, graduate entry is not permitted as local medical universities refuse to acknowledge non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees because of contrasts between the study programmes of the medicine courses and the non-Ukrainian BSc degrees. So, Ukrainian medical transcripts cannot include subjects that have been studied in a BSc degree.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||4,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Kiev Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Life in Kiev
- The historic fifth century city of Kiev features a rich culture, stunning architecture and beautiful scenery.
- Kiev is famous for its unique food culture and is an excellent spot for gourmands with top-quality food available at very affordable prices.
- The city boasts an abundance of parks and is located near to a beach.
- It offers a variety of inexpensive public transport options including a metro, buses and trams.
- With its low cost of living and wealth of things to do, Kiev is a highly attractive prospect for students with a taste for adventure.
+ Living in Ukraine
- The country of Ukraine is one of Europe’s biggest countries and has a wealth of diverse cultures.
- A nature-lover’s haven, Ukraine has 20 natural reserves and is renowned for its beautiful landscapes which include breathtaking mountains, deep lakes and dense forests.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events