Why Study Medicine in English at East West Teaching University in Georgia?
No entry exams
October and February
Up to the last 3 years
- East Westing Teaching University (EWTU) based in Tbilisi, Georgia is one of Europe’s leading medical universities with an ethos of contemporary medical training achieved through multidisciplinary teaching, international cooperation, and cutting-edge technology.
- The EWTU medical school delivers clinical modules in partnership with two of the foremost Georgian medical institutions, Aleksandre Aladashvili Clinic and Tbilisi Balneological Resort.
- The university was established in partnership with the American University in Washington D.C. and the American University Global Peace Centre to offer multilateral tertiary medicine programmes with highly qualified medical per-sonnel to the European region.
- The modern teaching standards were developed within the framework of the EU-funded Tempus (Erasmus +) project (e-PBL-net) with a goal to establish the best international practice in medical education in the region.
- Students study a 6-Year Medicine Programme in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Programme graduates are qualified with an international Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- Over the six years of the degree, students firstly complete three years of pre-clinical lectures, laboratories and theoretical modules, then progress to clinical rotations for the final three years in hospitals and professional clinics.
- All studies are taught in English in an integrated coursework structure of gen-eral anatomy, medical and clinical sciences followed by a ‘Spiral curriculum’ of special modules that prepares students for the three years of clinical in-struction and rotations.
- Students complete clinical rotations in a range of specialist Georgian hospitals and facilities including the ultra-modern medical centres, Alexandre Ala-dashvili University Clinic and Tbilisi Balneological Resort.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October & February||5,000 /year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||120–230||1,380–2,760|
|Electricity & Gas||30||210|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
- In 2022, 45 scholarships that cover 50% of the annual tuition fees are offered through SME.
- Extra scholarships covering 25% of the academic year’s tuition fees are offered every year to EWTU students.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history, and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Tbilisi is a fascinating city where old meets new and students can enjoy the history of the ‘Silk Road’ while living in Georgia’s modern capital.
- The infrastructure is ideal for attending university classes and students can use the metro, buses, taxis, and walking options.
- The food and entertainment scene of Tbilisi is vibrant and intriguing, with a broad range of traditional and Western restaurants as well as clubs and bars.
- The city has plenty for nature lovers with parks, riverside walks, a cable car, and close proximity to mountains and forests.
- Georgia is a country distinct for its diverse regional cultures, cuisine, landscape, and easy travel to Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- It is very liveable, ranked as the 10th safest country in the world, and there is a low crime rate with minimal risk to students.
- Georgia has been rated as a ‘must-see’ destination for its national parks, ski fields, Black Sea coastline, thermal springs, wine regions, and tea growing belt.
- Discovering the sights of Georgia is easy with its extensive road infrastructure and car hire options, buses, trains, martrushka transit vans, and multiple international airports.