Why Study Medicine or Dentistry in the University of Belgrade in Serbia?
- Secured Entry, Biology and Chemistry exams required.
- Affordable tuition fees of €6,000 (approx. £5,200) per year for the medicine and €5,500 (approx. £4,800) for dentistry.
- October entry.
- Globally recognised qualifications.
+Why Choose the University of Belgrade?
- The University of Belgrade is the oldest medical school in the Balkan region having been founded in 1808.
- It is among the top ranked universities in the Academic Ranking of World Universities and is currently ranked 260th in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- The teaching staff are well-known for having a positive impact on their students and regular reviews take place to ensure the standard of teaching remains high.
- The medicine course appeals to candidates from all parts of the world and the university has top class facilities including restaurants, cafes, and sports halls.
+What is involved in the programmes?
- It is taught in English and lasts for 6 years.
- The first two years of the course have a strong focus on clinical practice and theory with a shift to clinical study and advanced modules for the next four years of the course.
- In the final year, you are expected to complete a year-long internship and all state exams for licensing.
- After all course elements are completed, students have the option to continue their study and work in Serbia or in any other country they want.
- Graduates from Serbian universities have many opportunities to find work in the US, the UK, and India.
- The dentistry course is also taught over 6 years through English.
- In the first couple of years, the main aim will be to understand the fundamentals of dentistry so the course will be largely theory based.
- In years 3-6, there will be a shift to the study of pre and post-clinical theory and it will also include clinical practice and an apprenticeship.
- When all requirements are completed, the student will gain the title of a dentist and also receive a master’s degree.
- All students can then choose to continue with their study in Serbia and enjoy the great standard of living for an extremely low cost.
- Of course, all students have the chance to find work in a country of their choosing including the US, the UK, and India.
+How much do the programmes cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (£)|
|Living Costs||Monthly (£)||Annually (£)|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||161-219||1,927-2,628|
|Electricity & Gas||37||355|
+Admission to the University of Belgrade
Applicants must submit the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history, the course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with information on the subjects studied.
- A health certificate obtained within the last month and verified by the country where you plan to study.
- Two photos of 4-5cm are required.
+Life in Belgrade
- Belgrade is the capital of Serbia with a growing population of about 1.7 million.
- The city has a rich legacy dating back more than 1,600 years, so history enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Belgrade’s fascinating story.
- Belgrade is booming with a great selection of retail stores and pubs and clubs to enjoy when taking time off from study.
- Belgrade is still a cheap place to live when compared with other European cities, making it a great destination for international students.
+Life in Serbia
- Serbia has a population of around 7 million and the country’s economy has prospered greatly over the past few years.
- The economy relies on agriculture and industry, areas which appear to be going from strength to strength.
- Modern Serbia is a tranquil and open country, ranking highly in the Social Progress Index, Human Development Index, and Global Peace Index.
- It is home to a wonderful range of different cultures and an extremely efficient transportation system to help you get to where you want to go.
Watch Our Videos