Why Study Medicine in English at the New Vision University in Georgia?
No entry exams
(1st year: $7,000)
Medicine: 5 or 6 Years
October, November, March & May
- One of the fastest developing universities in Georgia, the New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi boasts an excellent quality of education and ultra-modern facilities.
- It is the most international university in the region, with students from over 25 countries making up 75% of the overall student body.
- The team at NVU comprises over 400 professors, scholars and practitioners. The low student-teacher ratio ensures that every student receives the attention and support they need to succeed.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, providing students with first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The university’s Georgian Language Club assists foreign students learn the Georgian language and teaches them about local culture, lifestyle and history.
- Students may choose between a 5 or 6 year medical programme. As well as offering a standard 6 year medicine course, the university also provides a 5 year accelerated programme in which students are required to study additional subjects each year.
- Upon completion, students receive a globally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree.
- The curriculum adopts an innovative approach, using a loop system in which every consecutive loop builds on previous one and sets more complex learning objectives. There are four loops in total.
- Students can gain practical experience and build an understanding of real-world challenges in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree in a field of study related to the sciences are eligible for the 4 year graduate entry programme.
- Graduate Entry students enrol in the third year of the 6 year course and do not have to take entrance exams.
- This pathway is ideal for candidates wishing to further their education, explore new career opportunities or wishing to speed up the process of gaining a Medical degree.
- When applying, graduates will need to submit analytical transcripts of the courses they have already completed as well as the other necessary admission documents (see below for these).
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||5,250 (1st year: 7,000)/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over the course of one full academic year.
- Visit our Student Loans page to learn more about the eligibility criteria and how to pay back the loan.
- It is possible to win one of five scholarships for NVU by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- In addition, you can earn a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for NVU.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
- Surrounded by stunning natural scenery, the historical city of Tbilisi in Georgia is a picturesque option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Dubbed by Forbes Magazine as “the most exciting city” of 2018, Tbilisi boasts a diverse offering of restaurants, cafés and nightlife.
- Culture-vultures will enjoy the city’s many museums and stunning Art Nouveau architecture.
- Public transport in Tbilisi is cheap, reliable and efficient; allowing students to get around with ease.
- Georgia enjoys very low crime rates and is currently ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is home to some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the world such as the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- In recent years, the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country has been updated to create a highly efficient, modern service.
- Georgia claims to be the birthplace of wine and foodies will enjoy the country’s rich gastronomic culture.