Why Study Medicine in English at the New Vision University in Georgia with personalised learning (online or on-campus)??
No entry exams
(1st year: $7,000)
5 or 6 Years
Available due to Covid-19
- One of the fastest developing universities in Georgia, the New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi boasts an excellent quality of education and ultra-modern facilities.
- It is the most international university in the region, with students from over 25 countries making up 75% of the overall student body.
- The team at NVU comprises over 400 professors, scholars and practitioners. The low student-teacher ratio ensures that every student receives the attention and support they need to succeed.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, providing students with first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The university’s Georgian Language Club assists foreign students learn the Georgian language and teaches them about local culture, lifestyle and history.
- Students study this undergraduate medical programme over six years.
- Upon completion, students receive a globally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree.
- Students can split their studies between online and on-campus learning.
- In the 6-Year course, you can study online for up to the first 2.5 years, followed by one semester of laboratory and diagnostic studies, and then three years studying on-campus and clinical rotations.
- The curriculum adopts an innovative approach, using a loop system in which every consecutive loop builds on the previous one and sets more complex learning objectives. There are four loops in total.
- Students can gain practical experience and build an understanding of real-world challenges in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
- This is a temporary study option due to Covid-19.
- New Vision University offers a 5-Year Accelerated Programme in which students are required to study additional subjects each year.
- Upon completion, students receive a globally-recognised qualification as a Medical Doctor (MD).
- Students have personalised course options and can study pre-clinical units either online for up to the first 1.5 years or on-campus then study one semester of laboratories and medical diagnosis modules at NVU Georgia.
- In Years Three to Five, students will complete their course studying clinical units on-campus at NVU and its hospital in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- The NVU undergraduate curriculum has a high-level structure designed to support sustained learning. The coursework is taught using a structure of looping with every consecutive loop complementing and building upon the last one. This systemised framework sets and achieves subsequently more complex learning objectives. Over the course of study, there are a total of four loops.
- As a student, you will gain clinical experience and build a practical level of medical understanding studying in the New Vision Hospital, owned and operated by NVU Georgia.
- During the 5-Year course, you will study:
- Year One – up to the whole year online or on-campus
- Year Two – up to the first semester online or on-campus; second semester on-campus
- Years Three to Five – three years of lectures and clinical rotations
- Online study is a temporary option available due to Covid-19.
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree in a field of study related to the sciences are eligible for the 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme. Graduate Programme students enrol in the third year of the six-year medicine course and do not have to take entrance exams.
- This pathway is ideal for candidates wishing to further their education, explore new career opportunities or accelerate the process of gaining a Medical degree.
- Students have the option to study online for up to the first year or on-campus wherein they will complete their pre-clinical modules before they begin clinical studies at NVU Georgia.
- When applying, graduates will need to submit analytical transcripts of the courses they have already completed as well as the other necessary admission documents (see below for these).
- Online study is available as a temporary option during Covid-19 restrictions.
- You can choose to complete the pre-clinical years online or on-campus at the New Vision University campus.
- The online learning can be tailored to suit your unique academic needs.
- This option is available for students for their pre-clinical modules wherein they can study online:
- For up to the first two years of the 6-year Undergraduate Course
- For up to the first 1.5 years of the 5-Year Accelerated Undergraduate Course
- For up to the first year of the 4-Year Graduate Course
- Regardless of their programme, students can also complete these pre-clinical modules on-campus at NVU Georgia. You can watch video lectures from your British and Georgian professors.
- You can watch video lectures from your British and Georgian professors.
- Students can engage in live-streamed classes via an interactive teaching platform.
- Test your theoretical knowledge with a Question Bank
- You can sit exams (e.g. MCQs, Open Questions etc) online.
- Due to Covid-19, students can temporarily study online.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||5,250 (1st year: 7,000)/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over the course of one full academic year.
- Visit our Student Loans page to learn more about the eligibility criteria and how to pay back the loan.
- It is possible to win one of five scholarships for NVU by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- In addition, you can earn a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for NVU.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Georgian to satisfy state directives.
- Surrounded by stunning natural scenery, the historical city of Tbilisi in Georgia is a picturesque option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Dubbed by Forbes Magazine as “the most exciting city” of 2018, Tbilisi boasts a diverse offering of restaurants, cafés and nightlife.
- Culture-vultures will enjoy the city’s many museums and stunning Art Nouveau architecture.
- Public transport in Tbilisi is cheap, reliable and efficient; allowing students to get around with ease.
- Georgia enjoys very low crime rates and is currently ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is home to some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the world such as the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- In recent years, the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country has been updated to create a highly efficient, modern service.
- Georgia claims to be the birthplace of wine and foodies will enjoy the country’s rich gastronomic culture.