Why Study Medicine in English at the New Vision University in Georgia?
No entry exams
(1st year: $7,000)
Medicine: 5 Years
October, November, March & May
4 Years with BSc Degree
+ Why Choose New Vision University?
- One of the fastest developing universities in Georgia, the New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi boasts an excellent quality of education and ultra-modern facilities.
- It is the most international university in the region, with students from over 25 countries making up 75% of the overall student body.
- The team at NVU comprises over 400 professors, scholars and practitioners. The low student-teacher ratio ensures that every student receives the attention and support they need to succeed.
- NVU is the only Georgian university that executes its medical program in its own hospital, providing students with first-hand exposure to medical practice.
- The university’s Georgian Language Club assists foreign students learn the Georgian language and teaches them about local culture, lifestyle and history.
+ What does the Medicine programme involve?
- Students may choose between a 5 or 6 year medical programme. As well as offering a standard 6 year medicine course, the university also provides a 5 year accelerated programme in which students are required to study additional subjects each year.
- Upon completion, students receive a globally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree.
- The curriculum adopts an innovative approach, using a loop system in which every consecutive loop builds on previous one and sets more complex learning objectives. There are four loops in total.
- Students can gain practical experience and build an understanding of real-world challenges in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
+ Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree in a field of study related to the sciences are eligible for the 4 year graduate entry programme.
- Graduate Entry students enrol in the third year of the 6 year course and do not have to take entrance exams.
- This pathway is ideal for candidates wishing to further their education, explore new career opportunities or wishing to speed up the process of gaining a Medical degree.
- When applying, graduates will need to submit analytical transcripts of the courses they have already completed as well as the other necessary admission documents (see below for these).
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||5,250(1st year: 7,000)/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- Surrounded by stunning natural scenery, the historical city of Tbilisi in Georgia is a picturesque option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Dubbed by Forbes Magazine as “the most exciting city” of 2018, Tbilisi boasts a diverse offering of restaurants, cafés and nightlife.
- Culture-vultures will enjoy the city’s many museums and stunning Art Nouveau architecture.
- Public transport in Tbilisi is cheap, reliable and efficient; allowing students to get around with ease.
+ Life in Georgia
- Georgia enjoys very low crime rates and is currently ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is home to some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes in the world such as the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- In recent years, the transport network linking Tbilisi with the rest of the country has been updated to create a highly efficient, modern service.
- Georgia claims to be the birthplace of wine and foodies will enjoy the country’s rich gastronomic culture.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events