Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Greek Universities?
Exams in Biology, Chemistry & General Knowledge
Up to the last 3 years
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece is ranked in the Top 100 global index of medical schools.
- The university is a leader in medical education and students are personally supported to achieve the learning outcomes and competencies of the programme.
- Each academic year has two semesters lasting for 15 weeks per semester (winter and spring).
- The programme is structured into three cycles of courses: pre-clinical modules (approximately two years), three years of clinical modules (approximately three years), and one year of clinical practice (approximately one year).
- Students graduate with extensive competencies in clinical practice and are therefore able to pursue an international medicine career.
- The university is a major force in international medical education and welcomes English-speaking students to learn from leading educators, facilities, researchers and working hospitals.
- Graduates from the undergraduate programme are qualified with a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Greece.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Greek to satisfy state directives.
Students are also required to:
- Sit exams in Biology, Chemistry and General Knowledge
- Greece is a global leader in medical education and offers students the opportunity to study in a stunning, peaceful and progressive country.
- Greek universities have an unprecedented ancient and contemporary history of innovative education grounded in research, practice and entrepreneurialism.
- As Greece is in the EU, all universities are part of the Bologna Process for ECTS credits and students can participate in the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Living in Greece is affordable and the lifestyle is uniquely modern while retaining a traditional Mediterranean culture.