Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Greek Universities?
Exams in Biology, Chemistry & General Knowledge
Up to the last 3 years
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- The university is a leader in medical education and students are personally supported to achieve the learning outcomes and competencies of the programme.
- Graduates from the undergraduate programme are qualified with a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- Students applying to the programme are required to sit Biology and Chemistry exams as well as a General Knowledge test.
- Each academic year has two semesters lasting for 15 weeks per semester (winter and spring).
- The programme is structured into three cycles of courses: pre-clinical modules (approximately two years), three years of clinical modules (approximately three years), and one year of clinical practice (approximately one year).
- The pre-clinical modules involve lectures, seminars and laboratories with small group learning and a focus on student input.
- Clinical modules are taught in university and city hospitals via a vertical teaching format that teaches theory alongside medical practice.
- High-level clinical training is completed in the final year and students work closely with patients while learning from consultants.
- Students graduate with extensive competencies in clinical practice and are therefore able to pursue an international medicine career.
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) offers an exclusive opportunity for medicine students studying in Europe to apply and undertake international clinical experience.
- After application, SME matches the student to a clinical rotation that aligns with their university’s medicine curriculum modules in medical settings in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland and Australia.
- To apply, students must submit the following to SME:
- Preferences for the clinical placement (location, department and duration of rotation) and their professional CV.
- Official authorisation documentation of their application from the coordinating Professor of their medicine programme.
- SME can only guarantee a limited number of placements, due to the specificity of matching students and programmes, therefore offers are strictly extended in order of application submission.
- International experience is an invaluable undertaking for any student with clinical training in diverse settings, learning in a global context, and expanding professional networks.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki is ranked in the Top 100 global index of medical schools.
- Founded in 1942, the university currently has over 80 medical departments.
- The university has a faculty of many of the world’s most eminent professors, physicians, surgeons and medical scientists.
- The university is a major force in international medical education and welcomes English-speaking students to learn from leading educators, facilities, researchers and working hospitals.
- Students learn in a range of pre-clinical and clinical settings including hospitals, laboratories, and medical departments.
- It has its own university hospital, associations with six other city-wide hospitals, and students also train in four large academic hospitals.
- Over 30,500 graduates from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki make up the extensive international alumni network.
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Greece.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Greek to satisfy state directives.
Students are also required to:
- Sit exams in Biology, Chemistry and General Knowledge
- Greece is a global leader in medical education and offers students the opportunity to study in a stunning, peaceful and progressive country.
- Greek universities have an unprecedented ancient and contemporary history of innovative education grounded in research, practice and entrepreneurialism.
- As Greece is in the EU, all universities are part of the Bologna Process for ECTS credits and students can participate in the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Living in Greece is affordable and the lifestyle is uniquely modern while retaining a traditional Mediterranean culture.
- Students are encouraged to connect socially and establish professional networks based on the exchange of knowledge as well as extensive support for career, studies and employment.