Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Greek Universities?
No entry exams
Up to the last 3 years
Greek Universities to Study Medicine in English
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in Greece is ranked 85th worldwide according to Webometrics.
- It has been in continuous operation since its establishment in 1837 and is the oldest higher education institution in the world. Today, it is one of the largest universities by enrollment in Europe, with over 69,000 registered students.
- The University is comprised of 8 Faculties and 33 Departments having more than 5 University Research Institutes, 3 University Hospitals, 76 Clinics, 224 University Laboratories, 10 libraries and a University Club.
- The medical programme is broken down into three parts; during the first two years pre-clinical training is taken place followed by the next three years of clinical training, during the last year students have to complete an internship.
- Graduates are qualified with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and can work anywhere in the world.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece is ranked in the Top 100 global index of medical schools.
- The university is a leader in medical education and students are personally supported to achieve the learning outcomes and competencies of the programme.
- Each academic year has two semesters lasting for 15 weeks per semester (winter and spring).
- The programme is structured into three cycles of courses: pre-clinical modules (approximately two years), three years of clinical modules (approximately three years), and one year of clinical practice (approximately one year).
- Students graduate with extensive competencies in clinical practice and are therefore able to pursue an international medicine career.
- The university is a major force in international medical education and welcomes English-speaking students to learn from leading educators, facilities, researchers and working hospitals.
- Graduates from the undergraduate programme are qualified with a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Personal statement or results of Cambridge Personal Style Questionnaire (CPSQ)
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
All documents need to be translated into Greek to satisfy state directives.
+ Why Study Medicine in Greece?
- Greece is a global leader in medical education and offers students the opportunity to study in a stunning, peaceful and progressive country.
- Greek universities have an unprecedented ancient and contemporary history of innovative education grounded in research, practice and entrepreneurialism.
- As Greece is in the EU, all universities are part of the Bologna Process for ECTS credits and students can participate in the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Living in Greece is affordable and the lifestyle is uniquely modern while retaining a traditional Mediterranean culture.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events