Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe?
No Entry Exams
October, November, March & May
Up to the last 3 years
Universities to Study Graduate Entry Medicine in English
+Why Study 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine?
4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine
- Study graduate entry medicine in Georgia with the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- New Vision University (NVU), Caucasus International University (CIU), and Georgian National University (SEU) welcome graduates to the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme who have a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) such as Biomedical Science.
- The programme commences in the third year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programmes at each Georgian university.
- Students submit analytical academic transcripts with application documents and do not sit exams.
- The graduate entry medical programme enables students to accelerate their medical degree, is taught in English and graduates hold world-class qualifications.
- The programme is structured into pre-clinical and clinical years with rigorous study that prepares graduates for the medical field.
- Georgian graduates have high-level medical skills and are qualified as a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has authorisation to assess graduate programme applications, inclusive of academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies documentation; please see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for all information.
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine
- Study graduate entry medicine in Ukraine with the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, Sumy State University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to graduates of a science-related Bachelor’s Degree.
- The programme begins in Year Three or Year Four of each university’s 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Applicants submit analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams.
- The 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programmes at Ukrainian universities are renowned for intensive study that qualifies graduates with a competitive international degree.
- Students complete a 3-Year Graduate Programme of clinical modules or a 4-Year Graduate Programme of one year of pre-clinical modules and three years of clinical modules entirely in English.
- Graduates are fully qualified as a Medical Doctor with alumni from Ukrainian universities currently practising medicine throughout the world in Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess applications for the graduate programme (including Bachelor’s studies documents and academic transcripts); all details are available at the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below.
+What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia?
- SME offers the opportunity for students enrolled at European universities to undertake up to three years of clinical rotations in medical settings outside Europe.
- This opportunity involves SME matching the clinical rotations of a student’s enrolled university in professional medical facilities in Ireland, Canada, the UK, USA, and Australia.
- Interested students must apply to SME for the clinical rotations offering with the following required documentation:
- Submit to SME the facility and the name of the department they wish to enrol it, including the rotation duration, as per their study programme along with their CV.
- Students must also submit to SME an official application authorisation from their programme’s coordinating Professor.
- There is an admission limit for these international clinical rotations with places limited to availability and the time that applications were submitted with SME deferring to these factors when allocating the placement.
- Students experience extensive professional and experiential benefits to undertaking a clinical rotation in diverse regions during their medicine programme including skill advancement, networking and dynamic clinical settings.
+What Universities Offer Graduate Entry Medicine Courses in Europe?
- Georgia is home to many esteemed European medical schools and offers internationally-accredited degrees that are globally recognised.
- It is highly affordable to study in Georgia with fees starting from $5,000 and high quality of life while studying for a highly-paid career in medicine.
- Studying medicine in Georgia has great prestige with the region’s programmes highly rated worldwide in medical school directories, including: WHO (World Health Organization), FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research), IMED (International Medical Education Directory) and the AVICENNA.
- The medical programme in Georgia is a rigorous curriculum with a focus on practical learning and skill development with laboratories, surgeries, research, and extensive clinical programmes in medical environments.
- After completing the first year of pre-clinical studies, students undertake clinical studies for the final three years of the programme.
- Some Georgian medical universities will have a range of funding options available such as Student Loans and Scholarships.
- Graduate medicine programmes in Georgia are offered at the renowned New Vision University, Caucasus International University, and Georgian National University.
- Ukrainian universities are popular and well-established in the academic community for international students with graduates from their programmes receiving globally-recognised qualifications.
- Ukraine is a country that has rich academic opportunities with students studying at its medical universities enjoying reasonable living costs and low tuition fees starting from only $3,800 per annum.
- Entry to the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Programme is guaranteed with the only prerequisite a Bachelor of Science and students commence accelerated medicine studies in Year Four of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme
- Graduate programme students are qualified with an international medical degree that creates diverse employment opportunities worldwide.
- Graduate programme students in Ukraine can study a three-year or four-year programme at Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, Sumy State University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
+What are the Entry Requirements for Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe?
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree are eligible for graduate entry medicine.
- Applicants will need to provide an academic transcript of their bachelor’s degree in addition to the usual admission documents.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+What Funding Options are Available?
- Student loans are available that can cover 50% of annual tuition fees for the period of a full academic year.
- At our Student Loans information page, there is more information including loan repayments and eligibility requirements.
- You can win one of five New Vision University Scholarships when you attend a Study Medicine Europe Open Day.
- Academic Scholarships are also available for successful students who pass all of their subjects. This scholarship covers 25% of the following study year’s academic fees.
- Our Scholarships page has more details about NVU scholarships.
+Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe?
- Europe’s universities are renowned for their established schools of medicine and medical faculties.
- Tenured and research teaching professionals are attracted to these universities to be at the forefront of medical academic and practice.
- These universities offer a fantastic learning pathway for international students to study medicine abroad in Europe and graduate with excellent qualifications.
- All universities offer an international qualification enabling students to live and work all around the world.
- All qualifications are highly regarded from European universities dedicated to the European Union curriculum for pre-clinical and clinical study modules.
- At certain European universities, students can study online due to Covid-19 to minimise course disruption.
- Graduate medicine in Europe is an accelerated study opportunity and students are highly sought after, connect with a well-regarded professional network, and their training prepares them to practise medicine at a high level.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events