Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe(UK On campus Options)?
No Entry Exams
October, November, March & May
Up to the last 3 years
Universities to Study Graduate Entry Medicine in English
+Why Study 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine?
- Graduate students have the opportunity to study the 4-Year Graduate Programme at highly regarded universities in Belarus.
- In Belarus, Gomel State Medical University (GSMU) offers the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- The programme commences in Belarus in the third year of the 6-Year Undergraduate course.
- To be eligible to apply, candidates are required to hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related area such as Biomedical Science.
- Applications also require the submission of analytical academic transcripts and, if successful, candidates do not sit entry exams in Belarus.
- Graduate Medicine Programmes in Belarus are highly competitive and are structured into intensive training with three years of clinical modules and rotations followed by the final year’s state internship.
- Graduates from Belarus medicine programmes are in high demand due to the rigorous training they complete in order to qualify to practise medicine and their global qualification enables them to work all over the world.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess each programme application (including academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies certificates); see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for all information.
4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine
- Study graduate entry medicine in Georgia with the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- New Vision University (NVU), Caucasus International University (CIU), and Georgian National University (SEU) welcome graduates to the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme who have a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) such as Biomedical Science.
- The programme commences in the third year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programmes at each Georgian university.
- Students submit analytical academic transcripts with application documents and do not sit exams.
- The graduate entry medical programme enables students to accelerate their medical degree, is taught in English and graduates hold world-class qualifications.
- The programme is structured into pre-clinical and clinical years with rigorous study that prepares graduates for the medical field.
- Georgian graduates have high-level medical skills and are qualified as a Doctor of Medicine (MD).
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team has authorisation to assess graduate programme applications, inclusive of academic transcripts and Bachelor’s studies documentation; please see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for all information.
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine
- Study graduate entry medicine in Ukraine with the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme.
- Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, Sumy State University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to graduates of a science-related Bachelor’s Degree.
- The programme begins in Year Three or Year Four of each university’s 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Applicants submit analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams.
- The 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programmes at Ukrainian universities are renowned for intensive study that qualifies graduates with a competitive international degree.
- Students complete a 3-Year Graduate Programme of clinical modules or a 4-Year Graduate Programme of one year of pre-clinical modules and three years of clinical modules entirely in English.
- Graduates are fully qualified as a Medical Doctor with alumni from Ukrainian universities currently practising medicine throughout the world in Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess applications for the graduate programme (including Bachelor’s studies documents and academic transcripts); all details are available at the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below.
+What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia?
- SME offers the opportunity for students enrolled at European universities to undertake up to three years of clinical rotations in medical settings outside Europe.
- This opportunity involves SME matching the clinical rotations of a student’s enrolled university in professional medical facilities in Ireland, Canada, the UK, USA, and Australia.
- Interested students must apply to SME for the clinical rotations offering with the following required documentation:
- Submit to SME the facility and the name of the department they wish to enrol it, including the rotation duration, as per their study programme along with their CV.
- Students must also submit to SME an official application authorisation from their programme’s coordinating Professor.
- There is an admission limit for these international clinical rotations with places limited to availability and the time that applications were submitted with SME deferring to these factors when allocating the placement.
- Students experience extensive professional and experiential benefits to undertaking a clinical rotation in diverse regions during their medicine programme including skill advancement, networking and dynamic clinical settings.
+What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- Graduate students enrolled at NVU in Georgia will soon offer the first year of pre-clinical modules on-campus in the UK
- NVU has purchased and is converting a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby for a UK medical campus
- Interested students must apply to SME for the clinical rotations offering with the following required documentation:
- Graduate study offered at the UK campus are:
- NVU 4-Year Graduate Programme – first year of pre-clinical modules
- From the second half of 2021, NVU graduate students can study pre-clinical modules on-campus in the UK with facilities including scientific and research laboratories, digital zones, and medical training equipment.
+British Professors & Medical Faculty
- The NVU Georgia medical faculty has increased with 52 British Professors joining its teaching staff.
- These British Professors have many years of experience working in the NHS and are highly qualified having held academic positions at British and American Medical Schools.
- The faculty will benefit from the additional specialist expertise of these consultant Physicians and consultant Surgeons.
- Students at NVU are taught classes by Professors who present course material consistent with leading British Universities including the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford for a world-class medicine programme.
+What Universities Offer Graduate Entry Medicine Courses in Europe?
- Belarus is a leader in global medical education.
- The region’s medical schools are consistently ranked in the world’s Top 100.
- Interested graduate students can study the 4-Year Medicine Programme in Belarus.
- Universities throughout Belarus are dedicated to cooperative partnerships between European and international institutions to uphold global medical training standards.
- Students who study in Belarus are qualified with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- Universities in the region offer modern facilities and training equipment with highly experienced academic staff who are specialist medical consultants, academics and scientific researchers.
- Belarus graduate programmes are structured into clinical training modules with lectures and rotations then a year-long state internship and exams.
- Graduate medicine can be studied in Belarus at Gomel State Medical University.
- Student life in Belarus is not limited to their medical programmes and opportunities to participate in sporting, cultural and social activities abound.
- Georgia is home to many esteemed European medical schools and offers internationally-accredited degrees that are globally recognised.
- It is highly affordable to study in Georgia with fees starting from $5,000 and high quality of life while studying for a highly-paid career in medicine.
- Studying medicine in Georgia has great prestige with the region’s programmes highly rated worldwide in medical school directories, including: WHO (World Health Organization), FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research), IMED (International Medical Education Directory) and the AVICENNA.
- The medical programme in Georgia is a rigorous curriculum with a focus on practical learning and skill development with laboratories, surgeries, research, and extensive clinical programmes in medical environments.
- After completing the first year of pre-clinical studies, students undertake clinical studies for the final three years of the programme.
- Some Georgian medical universities will have a range of funding options available such as Student Loans and Scholarships.
- Graduate medicine programmes in Georgia are offered at the renowned New Vision University, Caucasus International University, and Georgian National University.
- Ukrainian universities are popular and well-established in the academic community for international students with graduates from their programmes receiving globally-recognised qualifications.
- Ukraine is a country that has rich academic opportunities with students studying at its medical universities enjoying reasonable living costs and low tuition fees starting from only $3,800 per annum.
- Entry to the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Programme is guaranteed with the only prerequisite a Bachelor of Science and students commence accelerated medicine studies in Year Four of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme
- Graduate programme students are qualified with an international medical degree that creates diverse employment opportunities worldwide.
- Graduate programme students in Ukraine can study a three-year or four-year programme at Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, Sumy State University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
+What are the Entry Requirements for Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe?
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree are eligible for graduate entry medicine.
- Applicants will need to provide an academic transcript of their bachelor’s degree in addition to the usual admission documents.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+What Funding Options are Available?
- Student loans are available that can cover 50% of annual tuition fees for the period of a full academic year.
- At our Student Loans information page, there is more information including loan repayments and eligibility requirements.
- You can win one of five New Vision University Scholarships when you attend a Study Medicine Europe Open Day.
- Academic Scholarships are also available for successful students who pass all of their subjects. This scholarship covers 25% of the following study year’s academic fees.
- Our Scholarships page has more details about NVU scholarships.
+Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine in Europe?
- Europe’s universities are renowned for their established schools of medicine and medical faculties.
- Tenured and research teaching professionals are attracted to these universities to be at the forefront of medical academic and practice.
- These universities offer a fantastic learning pathway for international students to study medicine abroad in Europe and graduate with excellent qualifications.
- All universities offer an international qualification enabling students to live and work all around the world.
- All qualifications are highly regarded from European universities dedicated to the European Union curriculum for pre-clinical and clinical study modules.
- At certain European universities, students can study online due to Covid-19 to minimise course disruption.
- Graduate medicine in Europe is an accelerated study opportunity and students are highly sought after, connect with a well-regarded professional network, and their training prepares them to practise medicine at a high level.
+Medical Council Requirements for Recognising Medical Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Medical Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and.
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, if requested, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events