Why Study Dentistry in Europe in English (UK On-Campus options)?
No Entry Exams
3750 – 4500
3 or 4 Years
October & March
Study Graduate Entry in English in Europe
+What is 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Dentistry?
4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- New Vision University (NVU) and Caucasus International University (CIU) in Georgiaoffer the 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme to graduates who have a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related area of study such as Biomedical Science.
- Students begin their studies in the second year of the five-year course.
- Candidates do not sit exams and must submit analytical academic transcripts to apply.
- The Graduate Dentistry Programme offers a four year fast-track towards obtaining an international qualification.
- Graduate entry dentistry programmes allow candidates to commence studies in a later year, thereby enabling them to save time and money.
- The course involves pre-clinical modules for one year then three years of clinical rotations in Georgian hospitals at NVU.
- This is an ideal pathway into dentistry for those seeking to enhance their education and job prospects as they graduate with a globally recognised dentistry degree.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess candidate’s graduate programme applications (including evaluating paperwork from Bachelor’s studies and academic transcripts); see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab for all details.
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry
- Study at universities in Ukraine that offer 3-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme to graduates who have a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc).
- Studies commence at Ukrainian universities in Year Two or Year Three of the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme.
- Applications require submission of analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams for Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
- Every Ukrainian university offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Course to non-BSc Bachelor’s Degree applicants.
- These rigorous programmes attract many international students and are taught in English.
- Graduate entry dentistry involves clinical modules with students gaining professional experience of dentistry fundamentals.
- Students graduate with a high-level degree, in a shorter time frame, and can practise dentistry internationally.
- Graduates from Ukrainian dentistry programmes work internationally including in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess all applications, including academic transcript and Bachelor’s Degree evaluation, for the graduate programme; please refer to the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for key details.
+What are the On-Campus Study Options in Derby, UK?
- Graduate dentistry students at NVU in Georgia will soon have the option to study pre-clinical dentistry modules on-campus in Derby, in the UK.
- The university is adding a new campus to its facilities and has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building to convert to a modern UK Campus.
- Dentistry students will commence on-campus pre-clinical modules in late 2021.
- NVU will offer the following UK campus study option for graduate students:
○ 4-Year Graduate Dentistry – Year One of pre-clinical modules
- Dentistry students studying on-campus at NVU UK will benefit from facilities including dentistry training equipment, research laboratories, digital learning zones, and lecture and seminar spaces.
+What Universities Offer Graduate Entry Dentistry Courses in Europe?
- Ukrainian universities are highly regarded in the academic and medical community for international students and their graduates receive globally-recognised qualifications.
- The rich academic history of Ukraine is embedded in their tertiary institutions, with students studying at Ukrainian medical universities enjoying reasonable living costs and low tuition fees starting from only $3,800 per annum.
- For graduate students, there are a diverse range of study options for Dentistry with three-year programmes offering accelerated study and advanced skill development.
- Graduate applicants to the 3-Year or 4-Year Dentistry Programme have guaranteed acceptance with the only prerequisite a Bachelor of Science.
- The Graduate 3-Year or 4-Year Dentistry Programme sees students commence their accelerated dentistry studies in Year Two or Year Three of the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme.
- Students graduating from the three-year dentistry programme are qualified with an international dentistry degree that enables them to be employed worldwide.
- Students can study Graduate Dentistry at Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
- Georgia boasts many of Europe’s leading medical schools and offers students internationally-accredited degrees with global recognition.
- Students can affordably study in Georgia with tuition fees starting from $5,000 and a balanced lifestyle while studying for a highly-paid Dentistry career.
- Graduates can apply for the New Vision University and Caucasus International University (CIU) accelerated 4-Year Graduate Programme with no entrance exams.
- The 4-Year Graduate Programme commences in the third year of the undergraduate 5-Year Dentistry Programme. The only prerequisite is that students have a Bachelor of Science in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- Georgian universities have great prestige and the region’s programmes receive consistently high worldwide ratings in school directories, including: WHO (World Health Organization), FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research), IMED (International Medical Education Directory) and the AVICENNA.
- For students studying dentistry, Georgian universities have a rigorous curriculum with emphasis on practical learning and skill development with laboratories, surgeries, research, and extensive clinical programmes in dentistry environments.
- After completing the first year of pre-clinical studies, students will proceed to clinical studies for the final three years of the programme.
- Some Georgian medical universities will have a range of funding options available such as Student Loans and Scholarships.
+What are the Entry Requirements for Graduate Entry Dentistry in Europe?
- Candidates who already have a bachelor’s (BSc) degree are eligible for graduate entry Dentistry.
- Applicants will need to provide an academic transcript of their bachelor’s degree in addition to the usual admission documents.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Dentistry Programmes in Georgia and Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+What Funding Options are Available?
- Student loans are available that can cover 50% of annual tuition fees for the period of a full academic year.
- At our Student Loans information page, there is more information including loan repayments and eligibility requirements.
- You can win one of five New Vision University Scholarships when you attend a Study Medicine Europe Open Day.
- Academic Scholarships are also available for successful students who pass all of their subjects. This scholarship covers 25% of the following study year’s academic fees.
- Our Scholarships page has more details about NVU scholarships.
+Why Study Graduate Entry Dentistry in Europe?
- Europe’s dental universities are highly renowned institutions known for the theoretical and clinical training offered to students.
- Universities throughout Europe attract international students for the opportunity to study in medical schools with an established history of academia and clinical excellence.
- Programmes are taught entirely in English and students build extensive local and international networks.
- Each institution has its own high-level partnerships and research projects that students benefit from.
- Every European university has world-class facilities for students to learn and develop clinical skills for dentistry.
- Students can enjoy a balanced and affordable lifestyle and connect with fellow international, and local, students.
+Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
- Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
- Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
- From during the dental degree,
- During post-qualification experience, or,
- A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
+Is Online Study Offered?
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
○ Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events