Why Study Dentistry in English at New Vision University with personalised learning (online or on-campus)?
No entry exams
(1st year: $5,000)
Available due to Covid-19
+Why Choose New Vision University?
- New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi is one of the fastest developing universities in Georgia.
- A popular choice for international students, 75% of the overall student body is made up of people from over 25 different countries.
- NVU is renowned for its top-quality staff. It has more than 400 professors, scholars and practitioners. This low student-teacher ratio ensures optimum student success.
- International students can get to know the local culture, lifestyle and history through the Georgian Language Club.
- The university offers a wide range of societies and activity groups so students can throw themselves into student life and make new friends.
+What does the Dentistry programme involve?
- The standard dentistry programme is five years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The programme provides students with an in-depth comprehension of all pre- and post-clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- Students initially focus on pre-clinical study through which they can gain an understanding of dentistry fundamentals.
- The course then moves to clinical training, concluding with an internship and state exams.
- Dentistry students can split their studies between online and on-campus learning. You have the option of studying online for the first 2 years of the course.
- Newly-qualified dentists can choose to work in Georgia or in locations across the world such as the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia etc.
- Upon graduation, students receive a fully-accredited and globally-recognised dental degree.
+What Does the Online Learning Involve?
- You can choose to complete the pre-clinical years online or on-campus at the New Vision University campus.
- The online learning can be tailored to suit your unique academic needs.
- You can watch video lectures from your British and Georgian professors.
- Students can engage in live-streamed classes via an interactive teaching platform.
- Test your theoretical knowledge with a Question Bank.
- You can sit exams (e.g. MCQs, Open Questions etc) online.
+The Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme
- If you are interested in becoming a dentist and already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree, you can apply for the university’s accelerated 4 year graduate entry dentistry programme.
- Those who take the Graduate Entry pathway can commence their studies in the second year of the five-year dentistry course.
- This is a great option for students who want to open up new career opportunities and speed up the process of becoming a qualified dentist.
- As part of their application, candidates are required to submit analytical transcripts of courses they have already completed in addition to the other necessary admission documents.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Dentistry||November & March||3,750 (1st year: 5,000)/year|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ What Funding Options are Available?
New Vision University provides a range of funding options including Student Loans and Scholarships.Student Loans .
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over one full academic year.
- Visit our Student Loans page to find out more about the eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- It is possible to win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
+Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- A hidden gem located in the heart of Georgia, the scenic city of Tbilisi is at once thoroughly modern and rich with history.
- Called “the most exciting city” of 2018 by Forbes Magazine, Georgia’s capital boasts a wealth of things to see and do.
- Tbilisi’s unique character is captured in its eclectic architecture which brings together the best of European and Asian art.
- Students will enjoy the city’s cheap and reliable public transport.
+ Life in Georgia
- With its low cost of living and abundance of things to see and do, Georgia is an attractive option for students.
- The beautiful countryside of Georgia remains unspoilt, and as such is a haven for adventurers and outdoor-types.
- With its low crime rates and famously welcoming population, Georgia is a safe option for students who may be anxious about moving abroad.
- Georgia is renowned for its delicious food, and gourmands will enjoy the country’s deep gastronomic culture.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events