Why Study Dentistry in English at New Vision University (UK On-Campus options)?
No entry exams
(1st year: $7,000)
November & March
- New Vision University (NVU) in Tbilisi is one of the fastest developing universities in Georgia.
- A popular choice for international students, 75% of the overall student body is made up of people from over 25 different countries.
- NVU is renowned for its top-quality staff. It has more than 400 professors, scholars and practitioners. This low student-teacher ratio ensures optimum student success.
- International students can get to know the local culture, lifestyle and history through the Georgian Language Club.
- The university offers a wide range of societies and activity groups so students can throw themselves into student life and make new friends.
- The undergraduate dentistry programme is five years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The programme provides students with an in-depth comprehension of all pre- and post-clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- Students initially focus on pre-clinical study through which they can gain an understanding of dentistry fundamentals.
- The course then moves to clinical training at the renowned New Vision University School of Dentistry with students gaining practical experience ahead of graduation.
- Newly-qualified dentists can choose to work in Georgia or in locations across the world such as the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia etc.
- Upon graduation, students receive a fully-accredited and globally-recognised dental degree.
- The NVU 4-Year Graduate Dentistry Programme is open to applicant who hold a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree in a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- The Graduate Entry pathway commences in the second year of the five-year dentistry course and is an accelerated programme taught entirely in English.
- Applications require candidates to submit analytical transcripts of courses already completed in addition to the admission documents.
- This is a great option for students who want to open up new career opportunities and speed up the process of becoming a qualified dentist.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess applications inclusive of documentation and Bachelor’s Degree transcripts for the Graduate Programme; more information is at the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below.
- NVU Georgia will soon offer dentistry students the option to study pre-clinical modules of both undergraduate and graduate programmes on-campus in the UK.
- The university is expanding its pre-clinical teaching spaces and has converted a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby to a modern UK Campus for Dentistry programmes.
- Dentistry students will commence on-campus studies in the UK in late 2021.
- Dentistry Programmes open for on-campus study in the UK are:
- 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry – the first two years of pre-clinical modules
- 4-Year Graduate Dentistry – the first year of pre-clinical modules
- Students studying on-campus in Derby will benefit from a state-of-the-art campus for their dentistry modules including digital zones, dentistry training equipment, scientific research laboratories, and lecture and seminar spaces.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Dentistry||November & March||5,250 (1st year: 7,000)/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
New Vision University provides a range of funding options including Student Loans and Scholarships.Student Loans .
- The student loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over one full academic year.
- Visit our Student Loans page to find out more about the eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- It is possible to win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Dentistry Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university.
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- A hidden gem located in the heart of Georgia, the scenic city of Tbilisi is at once thoroughly modern and rich with history.
- Called “the most exciting city” of 2018 by Forbes Magazine, Georgia’s capital boasts a wealth of things to see and do.
- Tbilisi’s unique character is captured in its eclectic architecture which brings together the best of European and Asian art.
- Students will enjoy the city’s cheap and reliable public transport.
- With its low cost of living and abundance of things to see and do, Georgia is an attractive option for students.
- The beautiful countryside of Georgia remains unspoilt, and as such is a haven for adventurers and outdoor-types.
- With its low crime rates and famously welcoming population, Georgia is a safe option for students who may be anxious about moving abroad.
- Georgia is renowned for its delicious food, and gourmands will enjoy the country’s deep gastronomic culture.
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
○ Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
○ Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
○ From during the dental degree,
○ During post-qualification experience, or,
○ A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.