Why Choose to Study Medicine at Accredited Universities in Ukraine?
No entry exams
Available Due To Covid-19
Up to the last 3 years
+What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- The International European University (IEU) undergraduate 6-Year Medicine Programme is taught in English in Western Ukraine.
- The medicine programme is structured into pre-clinical modules and clinical modules studied over six years at IEU.
- The programme involves two study semesters every year with set modules to be completed for progressive education and medical skill development.
- Students study in a range of engaging formats including on-campus and recorded lectures, tutorials and laboratories, and practical clinical settings.
- The teaching faculty of IEU includes highly experienced medical academics and clinical professionals who teach students in classrooms, laboratories, and clinical settings.
- Students also have the temporary option to study up to one clinical year online for the 2020/21 period, then on-campus studies resume.
- Students graduate from IEU with a globally-recognised MD (Doctor of Medicine) qualification enabling them to work as a doctor all over the world.
- Medicine programmes at Kiev Medical University (KMU), Ukraine are taught in English.
- This is a six-year course taught over two semesters each year.
- KMU has a progressive curriculum in line with European Union tertiary standards.
- The course structure is split into three years of pre-clinical subjects then three years of clinical rotations and advanced theory.
- Students study in a range of different formats comprising lectures, tutorials and classes, laboratories, practical sessions, seminars, and clinical rotations.
- The KMU faculty are highly experienced with a focus on innovative teaching for international students.
- Study the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme in Ukraine at Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU).
- This high-level course is taught in English.
- The General Medicine programme for undergraduates comprises six years of student with each year consisting of two semesters of modules.
- Experts and tenured medical practitioners teach the general medicine programme at UzhNU with students learning from these professionals in academic, laboratory and clinical settings.
- The course is structured in a range of formats including in-class or pre-recorded lectures, interactive tutorials, class learning, laboratories, practical workshops, seminars, and consultations.
- Students are qualified with an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree that is internationally recognised with significant worldwide demand in the field of healthcare and internal medicine.
- Students study the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme at Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU), Ukraine.
- The BNMU undergraduate medicine programme is taught entirely in English and this established university is an international education and training institution.
- BNMU’s medical institute is fully integrated with training programmes for Kiev Hospital and the Scientific Research Center.
- The medicine programme is structured into three years of pre-clinical modules and three years of clinical modules.
- The university is dedicated to experiential-learning opportunities with laboratories on-campus and off-campus with students developing skills specifically for international practise.
- The safe and secure BNMU learning facilities prepare students for global medicine with graduates working in countries such as Canada, the United States, and Australia.
- Students study 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine at Sumy State University (SSU), Ukraine in English.
- The 6-Year Undergraduate Programme is taught in small class groups of 8-10 students on average allowing for valuable teacher-student engagement.
- The undergraduate medicine programme is structured into sequential learning for students to build upon theory and practical experience progressively.
- Students complete clinical rotations in Ukrainian hospitals and medical clinics.
- SSU encourages all students to join academic networks and participate in mobility programs, volunteering, summer international practice, and conferences.
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- This programme is highly competitive and aligns with European Union standards.
- ZSMU teaches in English with an internationally accredited medicine programme that equips students with a global qualification.
- Students access ZSMU’s “University Clinic” for practical classes and medical aid with the institution highly sought after for these facilities.
- The undergraduate medicine programme attracts a high number of international students for the robust curriculum and clinical facilities.
- Clinical subjects are taught from the third year of study with students developing experience in medical procedures in hospitals and clinics.
+What is 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Medicine Course?
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU), Ukraine offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme with applicants required to hold a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc).
- Studies begin in the third or the fourth year of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Applications require the submission of analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams.
- The course is taught entirely in English.
- UzhNU offers this accelerated course as an internationally-recognised Doctor of Medicine (MD) qualification.
- Students complete rigorous clinical rotations to qualify ready to practise medicine.
- The 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme from UzhNU is highly regarded as an advanced qualification and graduates currently work in Europe, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
+What Universities Offer Medicine in Ukraine
- International European University (IEU) is a modern higher learning institution in the capital of Ukraine.
- Its multidisciplinary urban campuses are centrally located in this populous city of over two million people.
- Over 5,000 students are currently enrolled at IEU including 2,000 international students.
- IEU operates a range of joint programs with multiple leading international universities and actively cooperates with organisations including MedEdWorld, the Association for Medical Education in Europe, and Erasmus+.
- Overall, the university works in partnership with over 36 countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America and China.
- Kiev Medical University is the most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev.
- The university operates 22 health faculties with 500 faculty members and students from 62 countries.
- The university spares no effort in keeping pace with the latest international developments in medical education.
- Students have many opportunities to make use of the university’s many international connections by participating in exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects.
- Kiev Medical University is conveniently situated in the heart of Kiev, the lively and historical capital city of Ukraine.
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is located in the regional city of Uzhhorod in Western Ukraine near the borders of Slovakia and Hungary.
- It is one of the leading public universities in Ukraine and has a strong legacy of academia since its founding in 1945.
- UzhNU is attended by approximately 13,000 students with extensive programs for foreign students and international study opportunities taught in English.
- This comprehensive university has a strong performance history with 20 faculties and a culture of excellence which is reflected in its motto, “The more we know – the more we can”.
- UzhNU is a leading destination for academics and is considered a hub for research institutes, centers, and laboratories.
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is in Kiev, the capital city of Ukraine.
- The university was founded in 1840 and has an extensive history as one of the foremost medical training facilities in Ukraine attracting many expert Ukrainian medicine professionals and academics.
- BNMU has 10,000 students training in medicine, including 1,300 international students from over 50 countries.
- The teaching and research faculty of BNMU work across 10 faculties with over 1,200 teaching staff.
- The university is well integrated into the European medical, educational, and scientific community which offers students significant exposure to leading working medical professionals.
- Sumy State University (SSU) is in Sumy city in the North-East of Ukraine.
- It is attended by roughly 16,000 students of which 1,300 are foreign. The university is well-known for its lively international student community.
- According to the university rankings sites Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank, SSU is one of the top Ukrainian universities.
- The university boasts about 200 international partners.
- Home to almost 100 sports clubs, SSU students enjoy excellent sporting facilities.
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is a leader in the field of medical education and innovation in Ukraine.
- The university has a prestigious English-language medical programme which is fully-accredited and globally-recognised.
- ZSMU is well-regarded for its international programmes. Currently, there are over 2,200 international students from roughly 40 countries.
- The university is also one of very few in Ukraine to boast its own University Clinic.
- Students of ZSMU can enjoy an excellent university experience with its lively social life as and top-notch sports facilities.
+What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
- Prospective medical and dental students from all over the world can apply for programmes in medicine and dentistry taught entirely in English.
- Candidates are not required to sit entrance exams and must complete application documents for the following:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study overseas
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What are the Graduate Entry Requirements?
- Graduate Entry Programmes accept candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful Graduate Entry applicants are not required to sit entrance exams.
- Academic transcripts of their Bachelor’s Degree in addition to the admission documents submitted for course applications.
- Study Graduate Entry medicine abroad in Europe for career acceleration at competitive universities and achieve an internationally-recognised medical degree.
+Why Study Medicine in Ukraine?
- Ukrainian universities are renowned for their academic history and contemporary teaching.
- Ukraine offers students a vibrant learning environment for tertiary studies in undergraduate and graduate entry medicine.
- In both cities and regional areas, the country attracts visitors for its unique landscape, history, and traditional cuisine.
- Ukrainian people are known for their hospitality with students able to learn more about culture and language while enjoying a pleasant lifestyle.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events