Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at Kiev Medical University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
- Medicine : $2,920
- Dentistry: $2,920
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Kiev Medical University?
- Kiev Medical University is the most prestigious medical education institution in Kiev
- It spares no effort in keeping pace with international developments in medical education. The university’s leading ideology is: “Teaching Excellence, Innovative Research, Quality Humanism and Social Caring.”
- The university offers students the opportunity to take part in international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific events.
- Kiev Medical University is conveniently situated in the heart of Kiev, the lively capital city of Ukraine.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry courses involve?
- The programme is available in English, Russian and Ukrainian and is 6 years in duration.
- Students are initially taught the fundamentals of medicine in year one, and clinical studies begin from the second year.
- The course is taught through a variety of formats including: class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The programme is 5 years in duration and is available in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Teaching is delivered through class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers students clinical rotations opportunities to undertake up to three years of clinical training in international medical settings.
- SME places students in clinical rotations matched to their KMU curriculum in hospitals and facilities in Canada, USA, Australia, Ireland, and the UK.
- To apply, students submit the following documents to SME:
- Detailed preferences for the rotations inclusive of the location, department and duration of placement, as well as their CV.
- An official approval authorising their application from the KMU Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- Places in the rotations are limited so SME individually assesses each application to match students in order of when applications are submitted and the different rotation options offered at the international facilities.
- Gaining international clinical experience while studying is an enriching experience professionally and academically with students learning in dynamic settings.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- According to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, online learning is forbidden for any medicine or dentistry courses. As a result, students who want to study at a local medical university must move to Ukraine.
- None of the world’s Medical Councils recognises online learning.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- For online studies performed during Covid-19, students should have a formal reason prepared, including evidence and exception documentation.
- Dental Councils throughout the world do not recognise online learning.
- When dentistry graduates seek registration, all Dental Councils review the evidence of studies, which includes online studies:
- Students should have a thorough explanation ready for online studies completed during Covid-19, including evidence and exemption documents, which they can submit upon request.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||4,000|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Kiev Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Ukrainian medical universities do not recognise Bachelor’s degrees from non-Ukrainian universities for graduate entry due to the notable differences between the study programmes in medicine and dentistry, and the non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s programmes. Consequently, Ukrainian medical and dental transcripts cannot include modules being studied in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ Life in Kiev
- Founded in the fifth century, the beautiful city of Kiev boasts a rich culture steeped in history.
- The city is famed for its magnificent architecture, historic monuments and diversity of cultural attractions including two UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Renowned for its rich food culture, Kiev is a haven for foodies with excellent, hearty food available for very affordable prices.
- An ideal choice for outdoor types, Kiev has an abundance of parks and is closely located to a lovely beach.
- The city is well-connected with a variety of cheap public transport options available including a Metro, buses and trams.
- Kiev has a famously vibrant and student-friendly nightlife scene.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Europe’s biggest country, Ukraine boasts a rich diversity of cultures.
- The country has 20 natural reserves and nature-lovers will delight at its beautiful landscapes which is filled with breathtaking scenery.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events