Why Study Graduate Entry Dentistry in Georgia (UK On-Campus options)?
No entry exams
October & March
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme is an accelerated degree for students who already have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant, science-related area of study (e.g. biomedical science).
- Students studying Graduate Dentistry in four years enter the programme in the second year of the five-year course, therefore fast-tracking the course completion.
- Candidates will begin their studies earlier based on their science degree and will be qualified to practise dentistry after their four-year programme.
- The programme is structured into pre-clinical and clinical modules, with theory and laboratory modules for their first year on-campus and then the remaining three years of clinical rotations in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Students graduate from the programme with professional experience, qualifications from the renowned New Vision University and a globally-recognised degree.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) has been authorised to assess graduate programme applications for candidates such as paperwork and academic transcripts; refer to the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab for key details.
- The Caucasus International University (CIU) 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme commences in Year Two of the undergraduate programme.
- CIU requires candidates to have a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related are such as Biomedical Science and to apply, they must submit their academic transcripts; there are no entry exams if accepted.
- The graduate entry programme is an accelerated course and perfect for any graduate seeking to work internationally with full accreditation.
- The CIU dentistry programme qualifies students with a master’s degree with intensive studies comprising one year of preclinical modules followed by three years of clinical rotations and internships in dental facilities.
- Students gain a comprehensive knowledge of theoretical fundamentals and develop clinical skills in dentistry procedures and surgeries.
- Dentists who graduated from CIU work throughout Georgia and internationally, practising in the USA, the UK and India.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) has authorisation to assess and evaluate applications for the graduate programme (inclusive of reviewing Bachelor’s transcripts); see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process for key information.
- Graduate dentistry students at NVU Georgia will soon be able to study on-campus in the UK for their programme’s first year of preclinical modules.
- The university has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby, UK to convert to a modern UK Dentistry Campus.
- Students will begin on-campus at NVU UK in late 2021.
- Dentistry studies at the UK Campus that will be offered are:
○ 4-Year Graduate Dentistry Course – Year One of pre-clinical modules
- The pre-clinical dentistry modules will be studied with classes incorporating digital zones, dental training equipment, research laboratories, and lecture and seminar areas.
- New Vision University (NVU) is located in Georgia’s vibrant capital city, Tbilisi.
- NVU is a fully-accredited university and is one of the fastest developing educational institutions in Georgia.
- Students who already have a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree are eligible to apply for the university’s Graduate Entry dentistry programme.
- This programme is four years in length as students can commence their studies in the second year of the five-year course without taking entrance exams.
- NVU is renowned for its vibrant learning atmosphere and the university attracts professors from Georgia, the UK and many other countries.
- This allows students to fast-track their dental degrees and save costs on tuition fees.
- Caucasus International University is a modern, progressive institution that has quickly been regarded as one of Europe’s leading medical and dentistry universities.
- CIU attracts professors and students from all over the world based on its prestige facilities, research contributions, and collaborative ethos.
- All teaching pedagogy is consistent with EU standards and the university has built an integrated network of interdisciplinary, private and public partners for its projects, conferences and events.
- The university’s facilities enrich student learning especially in the medical faculty with the Clinical Skills Centre a major part of teaching and the construction of a Multi-Profile University Clinic is planned for the near future.
- The university currently has over 700 international students with exchange programs in place as part of Erasmus as well as universities in Spain, Poland, Italy, Germany, the USA, and South Africa.
- CIU students have financial support options including a scholarship program for prospective students; winners receive a scholarship covering 70% of tuition fees.
- Entry into the Four-Year Graduate Dentistry Programme is based on students holding a Bachelor of Science degrees in fields that are related to medicine or science (such as nursing, biomedicine, pharmacy or science).
- Students apply for the programme with their transcripts that Study Medicine Europe will review.
- The graduate programme is an accelerated qualification at a renowned dental school, equipping students with a global degree and high-level experience.
SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Dentistry Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:.
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- Georgian universities are well-known for an excellent standard of dental education.
- Tuition fees at Georgian universities are significantly lower than those of universities in other countries.
- Some of our partner universities in Georgia offer funding options for dental students in the form of Student Loans and Scholarships.
- Dental degrees from our partner universities in Georgia are fully-accredited and internationally-recognised.
- Caucasus International University, New Vision University offer top-quality four-year graduate entry dentistry programmes.
- This degree will enable you to practice dentistry in many countries around the world.
- Georgia is a thriving country that offers exceptional architecture, a natural lifestyle due to the diverse landscape, and a rich gastronomy and cultural scene.
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
○ Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
○ Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
○ From during the dental degree,
○ During post-qualification experience, or,
○ A combination of degree and post-qualification experience
- Online studies (distance learning studies), are not currently recognised by any of the world’s Dental Councils.
- Online study is not offered as a study option.
- When dentistry graduates apply for registration, all Dental Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
○ Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared, on request, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.