To be accepted and enrolled in a Ukrainian medical university, students should submit several documents. If you need to provide a Ukrainian translation, you will need to submit the original copies along with their translated versions. These will need to be notarised/certified in accordance with the provisions of the international agreements of Ukraine with the host/issuing country by the respective Ministry or translation body in the country of issuance. In the absence of such bilateral provisions, the general notary procedure for legalisation, translation and certification of documents is applicable.
What Documents Do You Need to Apply to a Ukrainian University?
Applicants who are willing to apply for Ukrainian medical universities should submit the following documents:
- Complete Higher Secondary School Certificate (including a transcript) or a notarised copy thereof, a translated copy of the Complete Higher Secondary School Certificate in the Ukrainian language, certified by a notary.
- 22 passport-sized (3×4 cm) photographs in matt finish.
- HIV/AIDS-free certificate – original in English, a translated copy of the HIV/AIDS-free certificate in the Ukrainian language, certified by your country Ministry of Foreign Affair.
- Medical health certificate – original in English, a translated copy of the Medical Health Certificate in the Ukrainian language, certified by a notary.
Additional documents required for students seeking admission to a master’s degree programme, Postgraduate course or PhD:
- Diploma/Degree Certificate, two (2) notarised copies of the Diploma/Degree Certificate, two (2) translated copies of the Diploma/Degree Certificate in the Ukrainian language, certified by a notary.
- Grade-sheets of all academic years (including studied subjects, marks & hours for each subject), two (2) notarised copies of the Mark sheets, and two (2) translated copies of the Mark sheets in the Russian/Ukrainian language and certified by your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which are necessary in order to complete the equivalence procedure.
What Documents Do You Need to Transfer to a Ukrainian University?
Students from other universities who would like to transfer their credits to a Ukrainian medical university must submit the following documents for admission:
- International Passport
- School certificate
- Official academic transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities (with details of subjects and credit hours)
- Filled Application form
These documents are submitted to the Ministry of Education to calculate the academic difference and credit hours. If the Ministry of Education finds the previous qualification equal to the Ukrainian syllabus and curriculum, the student receives an approval certificate to join their year of preference, otherwise, the candidate must follow the recommendations set by the Ministry of Education. Applicants should scan their transcripts and send them via e-mail and must produce originals first attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their country and then legalised by the respective Embassy of Ukraine. Universities in Ukraine accept qualified transfer students from other universities. Further, they operate based on the semester system and admission of a student is based on that student’s overall academic record.