After the issuance of the Letter of Acceptance by the University, non-EU students should apply at the Bulgarian embassy or consular office in their own countries for a “Student, D type Visa” which is valid for 3 to 6 months. EU and non-EU citizens from countries that have signed bilateral treaties and agreements with Bulgaria concerning Visa-free entry, including Andorra, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, USA, Uruguay, the Vatican, Venezuela, Hong Kong, Macao, do not require Visa clearance to enter the country. Nevertheless, in order to register at a medical school, a “Student D type Visa” is required.
- Application form
- A photocopy of the passport, valid at least 12 months from the application day.
- The original Certificate of admission to the Medical University issued by the Bulgarian "Ministry of Education, Youth and Science"
- A bank receipt in the name of the applicant (reference name) in order to prove that at least half of the tuition fees have been paid
- Two colour passport-size photographs (3,5 cm x 4,5 cm against white background, bearing the photographer's or studio business name and date at the back
- Proof of accommodation and address in Bulgaria (an original letter issued by the university inviting the student to be accommodated at the halls)
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover the student's living expenses (bank statements of the past 3-6 months)
- Proof of health insurance for the duration of the student's residence in Bulgaria, either issued by a private or public organization
- A CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) Check which can be obtained at the student’s local police station