Why Study Medicine in English at the University of Traditional Medicine in Armenia?
No entry exams
+ Why choose the University of Traditional Medicine?
- The University of Traditional Medicine is a private university established in 1991.
- It has since become one of the leading medical educational institutes in the region.
- The university made a lot of progress in just 10 short years, eventually receiving full accreditation in 2001.
- It is renowned for its outstanding teachers and research in the areas of medicine and dentistry and is a recognised and approved university by the WHO.
- It is home to students from all parts of the world, including from across Europe and India.
- Many of the graduates now successfully work as physicians, researchers, lecturers, health organizers in leading medical institutions both in Armenia and abroad.
- The university boasts a very active student council that arranges frequent cultural events, entertainment programmes and sports competitions.
+ What does the Medicine programme involve?
- The medicine course is taught fully in English and lasts for six years.
- The first two years of the programme pay special attention to pre-clinical theory and study, with the next four years much more focused on clinical study.
- The final year includes a one-year medical internship and you will also need to complete all state exams for licensing.
- Graduates may choose to continue with their specialisation in Armenia, but their degree and licence will also entitle them to go to a country of their choosing worldwide.
- Thousands of graduates from Armenian universities practise around the world so the choice is entirely yours and there are great opportunities for employment in the US, the UK and India.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to University of Traditional Medicine
Applicants are required to submit the following information:
- An application with the following details: a bio, education history, the course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with information on the subjects studied.
- Documentation from your home country authorising that you’re allowed to study in Armenia.
- A health certificate obtained within the last month and verified by the country where you plan to study.
- Two 4-5cm photos are required.
+ Life in Yerevan
- Yerevan is the largest city in Armenia, with a population of more than 1 million.
- The economy has come a long way in recent years and the progress since the early 2000s has been particularly impressive.
- The city is now full of superb restaurants, great cafes and many retail outfits for shopping at evenings and weekends.
- There is cheap public transportation throughout the city including a subway, trolleys, buses, vans, and trains.
- With its low cost of living, Yerevan is an ideal choice for international students on a budget.
- It is also home to many impressive landmarks such as the Erebuni Fortress, the Saint Gregory Cathedral and the beautiful Katoghike Tsiranavor Church.
+ Life in Armenia
- With a population approaching 3 million, Armenia has enjoyed consistent economic progress since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991.
- It is an economy with a strong focus on agriculture and this makes up 20% of Armenian GDP.
- Armenia’s economy has seen particularly steady growth since 1995, with inflation now the lowest it’s ever been.
- Many new industries are now flourishing in Armenia, such as jewellery making and IT, while tourism has also seen excellent growth in recent years, particularly in major cities like Yerevan.
- Armenia is being rewarded for its economic progress with ever-increasing support from international institutions like the IMF who are looking to further progress the Armenian economy with grants and loans as required.
- Nature lovers will delight in Armenia’s unspoiled countryside and its many beautiful national forests and reserves.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events