Why Study Medicine in Bulgaria at Accredited and Reputable Bulgarian Medical Universities?
Exams in Biology & Chemistry
October & February
Up to the last 3 years
Bulgarian Universities to Study Medicine in English:
+Why Choose St. Kliment Ohridski?
- Sofia University ‘St Kliment Ohridski’ in Sofia was founded on October 1st, 1888.
- It is the oldest university in the Bulgarian capital.
- The main campus is located in the city centre.
- It is comprised of 16 faculties teaching 105 special subjects.
- 30,000 students are currently enrolled at the university.
- It is home to science and technology research centres, TV and radio stations, museums, architectural landmarks and a botanical garden.
- Its library is a multidisciplinary source of more than 2,510,000 entries, including certain rare and valuable publications.
- The Faculty of Medicine was founded in 2003.
- Entry is in October and tuition fees are €7,700 per annum.
- Get more information on studying medicine in this Bulgarian university now.
+Why Choose Trakia University?
- The university is situated in Stara Zagora where its main campus and university hospital are located.
- It was officially established in 1995 by merging two long standing universities.
- 6,500 students are enrolled with almost 600 teachers.
- 60 Bachelor and Master’s majors and 50 Doctoral procedures are offered.
- The campus includes dormitories, restaurants, cafes, computer labs, gym facilities and a modern sports complex.
- A massive brand-new library boasts over 300,000 volumes of specialised literature and digital titles.
- Its English-taught medical programme is internationally acclaimed offering in house hospital training and work experience opportunities with regional centres, schools, NGOs, corporate internships and much more.
- The medical department comprises of a university hospital, 20 research labs and 16 diagnostic clinics equipped with state of the art facilities.
- Entry is in October and tuition fees are €7,000 per annum.
+Why choose Sofia Medical University?
- The Sofia Medical University was originally established in 1917.
- In 1995, after number of administrative reforms, it became a medical university and received international accreditation soon after.
- It is one of the largest and most prestigious educational and scientific centres in Bulgaria and in the Balkan Peninsula.
- It comprises of 4 schools and 1 administrative department.
- Since its foundation more than 60,000 specialists have been instructed there.
- There are approximately 6,200 students conducting research and contributing to internationally recognised achievements currently.
- Entry takes place in October with tuition fees costing €8,000 per annum.
- Find out everything you need to know about studying medicine at this Bulgarian university now.
+Why choose Plovdiv Medical University?
- The Plovdiv Medical University is a modern public university in the southern part of Bulgaria, founded in 1945.
- It is home to the “St. George Academic Hospital” with more than 1,200 beds.
- It employs more than 130 highly trained professors and about 600 deputy and assistant professors, who are renowned highly published scientists.
- Taught programs are offered to more than 3,800 students for Bachelor level up to Post-Doctorate programs.
- Its library boasts 170,000 volumes and the university publishes the quarterly “Folia Medica”, one of the most respected medical magazines in Bulgaria.
- It also runs the annual “Youth & Science” competition under the Youth Scientific Association where the best papers are awarded and published in the field of medical research.
- Entry takes place in October
- Tuition fees cost €8,000 per year.
+Why choose Varna Medical University?
- The Varna Medical University was founded in 1961 and its medical facilities are the pride of Northeast Bulgaria.
- Its campus enjoys a prominent place in the heart of the city of Varna, which has been voted the best city in Bulgaria.
- The university is particularly celebrated in the EU within the domain of diagnostic and therapeutic education.
- Since it was founded, more than 8,351 Bulgarian students and an additional 977 foreign students from 45 different countries have graduated.
- The university employs more than 18 professors, 78 deputy professors and 284 assistant professors.
- There are 4 hospitals associated with the university, established during the 1970s and 1980s.
- Entry takes place in October or February and tuition fees are €8,000 per annum.
+Why choose Pleven Medical University?
- The Pleven Medical University was founded in 1974 and is a self-administrative public university.
- The university includes theoretical, preclinical and clinical departments and an academic hospital with more than 1,000 beds and a vast number of specialised clinics and state of the art research units.
- University accommodation and sports facilities are available on-campus.
- International students from non-English-speaking countries are offered a preparatory course in English to ease their transition for the demands of their studies.
- 60 highly trained professors and 300 assistant professors are employed in the university.
- The university library has amassed more than 74,000 volumes of medical bibliography in Bulgarian and English and is still growing.
- Entry is in February and tuition fees are €7,500 annually.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events