Gain Clinical Work Experience with a Placement in the UK or USYou may wish to gain extra clinical work experience if you are studying medicine abroad or even after graduation. Depending on where you would like to work, you may want to commit some time to gaining clinical work experience in a hospital in either the UK or the USA.
How SME Can Help You Gain Clinical Work ExperienceSME has partnered with multiple hospitals throughout the UK and the US. As such, we can arrange clinical work experience placements for students that will allow them to build up extra clinical experience. This will allow you to develop practical skills while also gaining a further insight into the medical systems of these countries. This extra experience will also prove to be a major bonus once you seek work down the line.
What is Involved in a Clinical Work Experience Placement?
- Shadow doctors as they perform daily activities
- Learn more about what it is like to work within the British or American medical systems
- Gain the opportunity to obtain references from consultants
- Learn about procedures such as ward rounds, grand rounds, and board rounds
- Take part in clinical presentations
- Learn about the process of admissions and discharges
- Gain an insight into the medical management of common presentations
- Build a greater understanding of the importance of hand hygiene, infection control, manual handling, child safeguarding, adult safeguarding and much more
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events