Why Study Medicine in Romania at Internationally Renowned Romanian Medical Universities?
No entry exams
Romanian Universities to Study Medicine in English
+ What is the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Course?
- “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy – Iasi is one of the oldest educational institutions in Romania. It was founded in 1879.
- The Academic Medical Centre consists of 28 laboratories, several auditoriums and a library with more than 470,000 volumes.
- This institution is a well-established state institution of high national and international reputation and it can build on its success to continue its positive development.
- The duration of study for medicine at Gr. T. Popa University of Medicine is 6 years, which are divided into two semesters per year.
- The Medical programme is divided into the pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- All graduates qualify with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) at the end of the programme which makes them eligible to work anywhere in the world.
- The “Vasile Goldis” Western University of Arad was founded in 1990.
- The Faculty of Medicine ensures a coherent educational system, diversified as an academic offer, with all educational cycles including residency and postdoctoral school.
- The 6 year programme is divided into three years of pre-clinical studies and another three years of clinical studies.
- The university has its own library complex, the libraries contain a great number of scientific volumes exceeding 1,000,000.
- Every year is divided into two semesters (spring and fall).
- Currently, there are more than 20,000 students attending the university.
+ What are the Undergraduate Entry Requirements?
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A filled-out application form.
- Their bachelor’s degree or an equivalent copy and authenticated translation in Romanian.
- Transcript of academic records and syllabus of all university studies.
- Copy of valid passport (pages 1-4) or an official valid ID.
- Birth certificate – a copy and translation in Bulgarian is required.
- Medical certificate containing evidence of vaccination against hepatitis B, any chronic diseases, and psychological assessment.
- Four passport -sized photos.
+ Why Study Medicine in Romania?
- Studying medicine in Romania is one of the best options in Europe.
- It offers students excellent quality of education in English, a rich cultural heritage, affordable tuition and living expenses.
- The cost of studies, tuition fees and living costs included are very low compared to other EU/EEA countries.
- The excellent academic standards are achieved with reasonable cost of living while the education sector being a top priority for Europe’s competitiveness.
- Romania boasts many centuries of academic excellence.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events