Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the New Vision University in Georgia?
No entry exams
- Medicine: $5,250/Year (1st year: $7,000)
- Dentistry: $7,000/Year
September & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose New Vision University?
- The New Vision University (NVU) is a private research university in Tbilisi, Georgia. It is one of the fastest developing medical universities in the country and boasts a very high quality of education.
- NVU has excellent facilities and is the only medical university in Georgia with its own hospital. This means that students gain first-hand exposure to medical practice throughout their degree.
- With a large and distinguished faculty on-hand, the university has a very good student-teacher ratio; meaning that all students get the support and attention they need to succeed.
- NVU draws a lot of international students, with students from over 25 countries comprising 75% of the total student body.
- The university hosts a Georgian Language Club to foreign students get to grips with the Georgian language as well as the local culture, lifestyle and history.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes involve?
- The university offers 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course.
- Students graduate the course with an internationally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree
- The programme is structured with an innovative loop system. There are four loops in total and each loop builds on previous one and sets more complex learning objectives.
- Students gain hands-on experience in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
- The dentistry course at New Vision University lasts for five years.
- The programme aims to give students a strong understanding of all pre- and post-clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- The course initially focuses on pre-clinical study through which students can learn dentistry fundamentals. In later years, the curriculum shifts focus to clinical training.
- Newly qualified dentists can find employment in Georgia or practice in countries across the world such as the USA, the UK, Canada, or Australia.
- Students have the option of studying online for up to the first two years of the 5-Year Dentistry course. This is a temporary study option for students due to Covid-19.
+ Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree are eligible for the 4-Year Graduate Entry programme for medicine.
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry programme allows students to begin their studies in the third year of a six-year medicine course without taking entrance exams. This greatly accelerates the process of obtaining a medical degree.
- To apply, candidates are required to provide analytical transcripts of previously completed courses in addition to the usual admission documents (see below for these).
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to continue their education or progress their career.
+ Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme
- New Vision University also offers a 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry programme for candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree.
- Through Graduate Entry, students can commence their studies in the second year of a five-year course without taking entrance exams.
- To apply, eligible candidates must submit analytical transcripts of previously completed courses as well as the usual admission documents.
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to save costs and accelerate the process of becoming a dentist.
+ How is the Online Personalised Study Programme offered?
- Students at New Vision University can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Students have the following options for partially online studies:
- 6-Year Undergraduate Course
- 4-Year Graduate Course
- Following online study, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||$5,250 (1st year: $7,000)|
|Dentistry||November & March||$7,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
+ What Funding Options are Available?
- New Vision University provides a student loans service.
- These loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over one full academic year.
- Check out the Student Loans page to find out more about eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- You can win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
+ Admission to New Vision University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- Encircled by breathtaking mountain landscapes, the Georgian capital city of Tbilisi is a charming option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Tbilisi is also home to many fascinating museums and impressive Art Nouveau architecture.
- Students can enjoy cheap, reliable and efficient public transport.
+ Life in Georgia
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is a haven for nature-lovers with its immense bio-diversity. It boasts more than 40 protected areas, including the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- Due to its low crime rates, Georgia is ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Recent years have seen major updates to Georgian public transportation, meaning that visitors can travel the country with ease.
- Located at the crossroads of the old Silk Road, the country of Georgia boasts a rich and fascinating history. With three UNESCO world heritage sites as well as many other historical monuments, Georgia is an attractive option for students with a keen interest in history and culture.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events