Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the New Vision University in Georgia?
No entry exams
Medicine: $5,250/Year (1st year: $7,000)
Dentistry: $3,750/Year (1st year: $5,000)
Medicine: 5 or 6 YearsDentistry: 5 years
October, November, March & May
4 Years with BSc Degree
- The New Vision University (NVU) is a private research university in Tbilisi, Georgia. It is one of the fastest developing medical universities in the country and boasts a very high quality of education.
- NVU has excellent facilities and is the only medical university in Georgia with its own hospital. This means that students gain first-hand exposure to medical practice throughout their degree.
- With a large and distinguished faculty on-hand, the university has a very good student-teacher ratio; meaning that all students get the support and attention they need to succeed.
- NVU draws a lot of international students, with students from over 25 countries comprising 75% of the total student body.
- The university hosts a Georgian Language Club to foreign students get to grips with the Georgian language as well as the local culture, lifestyle and history.
- The university offers a 5 year and a 6 year medicine programme. Students may choose between the standard 6 year course or they may enrol for an accelerated 5 year programme in which they study extra subjects each year.
- Students graduate the course with an internationally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree
- The programme is structured with an innovative loop system. There are four loops in total and each loop builds on previous one and sets more complex learning objectives.
- Students gain hands-on experience in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
- The dentistry course at New Vision University lasts for 5 years.
- The programme aims to give students a strong understanding of all pre- and post-clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- The course initially focuses on pre-clinical study through which students can learn dentistry fundamentals. In later years, the curriculum shifts focus to clinical training.
- To graduate, students must complete an internship and state exams.
- Newly qualified dentists can find employment in Georgia or practice in countries across the world such as the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia etc
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree can avail of a 4 Year Graduate Entry programme for medicine.
- The 4 Year Graduate Entry programme allows students to begin their studies in the third year of a 6 Year course without taking entrance exams. This greatly accelerates the process of obtaining a medical degree.
- The graduate entry medicine programme allows students to start in the third year of the six-year course.
- To apply, candidates are required to provide analytical transcripts of previously completed courses in addition to the usual admission documents (see below for these).
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to continue their education or progress their career.
- New Vision University also offers a 4 Year Graduate Entry Dentistry programme for candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree.
- Through Graduate Entry, students can commence their studies in the second year of a five-year course without taking entrance exams.
- To apply, eligible candidates must submit analytical transcripts of previously completed courses as well as the usual admission documents.
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to save costs and accelerate the process of becoming a dentist.
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||4,680 (1st year: 6,240)|
|Dentistry||November & March||3,750(1st year: 5,000)|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Encircled by breathtaking mountain landscapes, the Georgian capital city of Tbilisi is a charming option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Tbilisi is also home to many fascinating museums and impressive Art Nouveau architecture.
- Students can enjoy cheap, reliable and efficient public transport.
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is a haven for nature-lovers with its immense bio-diversity. It boasts more than 40 protected areas, including the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- Due to its low crime rates, Georgia is ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Recent years have seen major updates to Georgian public transportation, meaning that visitors can travel the country with ease.
- Located at the crossroads of the old Silk Road, the country of Georgia boasts a rich and fascinating history. With three UNESCO world heritage sites as well as many other historical monuments, Georgia is an attractive option for students with a keen interest in history and culture.