Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at the New Vision University in Georgia?
No entry exams
- Medicine: $5,250/Year (1st year: $7,000)
- Dentistry: $7,000/Year
October, November, March & May
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
- The New Vision University (NVU) is a private research university in Tbilisi, Georgia. It is one of the fastest developing medical universities in the country and boasts a very high quality of education.
- NVU has excellent facilities and is the only medical university in Georgia with its own hospital. This means that students gain first-hand exposure to medical practice throughout their degree.
- With a large and distinguished faculty on-hand, the university has a very good student-teacher ratio; meaning that all students get the support and attention they need to succeed.
- NVU draws a lot of international students, with students from over 25 countries comprising 75% of the total student body.
- The university hosts a Georgian Language Club to foreign students get to grips with the Georgian language as well as the local culture, lifestyle and history.
- The university offers 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course.
- Students graduate the course with an internationally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree
- The programme is structured with an innovative loop system. There are four loops in total and each loop builds on previous one and sets more complex learning objectives.
- Students gain hands-on experience in the New Vision Hospital, which is owned and run by the university itself.
- The dentistry course at New Vision University lasts for five years.
- The programme aims to give students a strong understanding of all pre- and post-clinical procedures relating to dentistry.
- The course initially focuses on pre-clinical study through which students can learn dentistry fundamentals. In later years, the curriculum shifts focus to clinical training.
- Newly qualified dentists can find employment in Georgia or practice in countries across the world such as the USA, the UK, Canada, or Australia.
- Students have the option of studying online for up to the first two years of the 5-Year Dentistry course. This is a temporary study option for students due to Covid-19.
- Candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree are eligible for the 4-Year Graduate Entry programme for medicine.
- The 4-Year Graduate Entry programme allows students to begin their studies in the third year of a six-year medicine course without taking entrance exams. This greatly accelerates the process of obtaining a medical degree.
- To apply, candidates are required to provide analytical transcripts of previously completed courses in addition to the usual admission documents (see below for these).
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to continue their education or progress their career.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess graduate programme applications including evaluating academic transcripts and Bachelor’s Degree records; all details are at the tab below: Graduate Entry Assessment Process.
- New Vision University also offers a 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry programme for candidates who already have a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree.
- Through Graduate Entry, students can commence their studies in the second year of a five-year course without taking entrance exams.
- To apply, eligible candidates must submit analytical transcripts of previously completed courses as well as the usual admission documents.
- Graduate entry is a great option for candidates who want to save costs and accelerate the process of becoming a dentist.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess and evaluate applications for the graduate programme (such as academic transcripts and Bachelor’s Degree paperwork); please refer to the tab Graduate Entry Assessment Process for all details.
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) facilitates competitive clinical rotation opportunities for students studying at European universities to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities abroad.
- Offers are made after matching medical student’s preferences and offered clinical rotation in teaching hospitals and clinical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, the USA and Australia.
- Students must submit the following documentation:
- Their CV and preferences for the rotations (the location, the facility, the department and the desired length of placement).
- Official authorisation of their application by the NVU professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- Placements are offered upon availability, so an early application is required.
- Studying abroad is an invaluable experience for medical students to expand their skills, learn in dynamic environments, and build their international network.
- NVU Medicine and Dentistry students enrolled in both Undergraduate and Graduate Programmes will soon have the option to study partially on-campus in the UK for their pre-clinical modules.
- The university has purchased a 44,000 sq. ft. building in Derby, UK to convert to a modern UK Campus and expand their facilities offerings.
- On-campus study will commence in the latter half of 2022.
- Medicine and Dentistry Programmes offered at the NVU UK Campus are:
- 6-Year Undergraduate Programme – first two years of study
- 4-Year Graduate Programme – first year of study
- 5-Year Undergraduate Programme – first two years of study
- 4-Year Graduate Programme – first year of study
- The world-class facilities at the Derby Campus will include medical and dentistry training equipment, digital zones and lecture and seminar spaces.
- Students at New Vision University can receive flexible learning to suit their academic needs through the online study option.
- The online learning option includes live-streamed classes through an interactive teaching platform, video lectures, question banks and more.
- Students have the following options for online studies:
- 6-Year Undergraduate Course ‒ up to their first 2.5 years online
- 4-Year Graduate Course ‒ up to the first year online
- Following online study, students progress to clinical years at hospitals in Georgia. Clinical rotations can be also organized in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or Australia, depending on hospitals’ availability.
- NVU Georgia welcomes 52 British Professors to its renowned medical faculty.
- These new academic staff have worked for the NHS in the UK and are senior consultants.
- All of the Professors have specialisations as consultant Surgeons and consultant Physicians.
- The Professors hold academic positions in British and American Medical Schools.
- NVU students will learn from a medical faculty who teach classes and deliver curriculum content in line with some of the UK’s leading Universities such as the University of Oxford, Imperial College, and the University of Cambridge.
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine and Dentistry Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Medicine||October, November, March & May||$5,250 (1st year: $7,000)|
|Dentistry||November & March||$7,000|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
*Students have to pay the full tuition in first year, but will receive a 25% discount in each of the following years if they pass all their subjects.
- New Vision University provides a student loans service.
- These loans cover half of the annual tuition fees over one full academic year.
- Check out the Student Loans page to find out more about eligibility criteria and loan repayments.
- You can win one of five scholarships for New Vision University by attending one of Study Medicine Europe’s Open Days.
- Alternatively, you can gain a scholarship covering 25% of the following academic year’s tuition fees by passing all of your subjects.
- Read our Scholarships page to learn more about scholarships for New Vision University.
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
- Encircled by breathtaking mountain landscapes, the Georgian capital city of Tbilisi is a charming option for students wishing to travel abroad.
- Tbilisi is also home to many fascinating museums and impressive Art Nouveau architecture.
- Students can enjoy cheap, reliable and efficient public transport.
- Rated by the Lonely Planet as “one of the most beautiful countries on earth,” Georgia is a haven for nature-lovers with its immense bio-diversity. It boasts more than 40 protected areas, including the Tusheti National Park and the Greater Caucasus Range.
- Due to its low crime rates, Georgia is ranked as the 10th safest country in the world.
- Recent years have seen major updates to Georgian public transportation, meaning that visitors can travel the country with ease.
- Located at the crossroads of the old Silk Road, the country of Georgia boasts a rich and fascinating history. With three UNESCO world heritage sites as well as many other historical monuments, Georgia is an attractive option for students with a keen interest in history and culture.
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- The General Medical Council (GMC) expects a medical degree to have a minimum 5,500 Clock Hours over a minimum period of three years.
- The Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) maintains an additional database of Recognised Medical Schools.
- It also requires a medical degree to have a minimum duration of four years.
- Prior to application for the Overseas Registration Exam, international dental graduates must submit a record of their clinical experience and dental degree.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) in the UK specifies a minimum of 1600 hours of clinical experience which:
○ Comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment
○ Do not comprise time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students
- The 1600 hours of clinical experience can be:
○ From during the dental degree,
○ During post-qualification experience, or,
○ A combination of degree and post-qualification experience