Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine at Georgian National University?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Georgian National University?
- Georgian National University (SEU) is regarded as a modern, progressive university in Tbilisi that has made a major impact on tertiary education in Georgia.
- The university has nearly 500 faculty members, attracting many visiting professors and participating in extensive international and national associations of academia.
- SEU is a force for academic transformation in Georgia with new departments and research centres as well as acting as a host for numerous international conferences and public events.
- SEU has nearly 8,000 students, with its distinctive history, unique values and commitment to collaboration making it a hub for students from all over the world.
- The university has various exchange programs with European and American universities and the alumni club enables networks to thrive post-graduation.
+ The 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- The 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme at SEU is an accelerated programme for candidates with a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- The programme is taught in English at SEU in Tbilisi with extensive clinical study and skill development.
- SEU does not have entry exams for graduates however applicants must submit their analytical academic transcripts from a related degree.
- Graduate students study four years of rigorous clinical modules with the first year commencing in Year Three of the undergraduate programme: this year covers relevant knowledge ahead of clinical rotations, clerkships and advanced practice for the final three years of the course.
- Qualified SEU graduates have experience with various inpatient and outpatient settings in hospitals and medical facilities preparing them for a career in Georgia and abroad.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is an authorised processor and assessor of graduate programme applications (inclusive of evaluating documentations and Bachelor’s studies transcripts); see the tab Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab for more information.
+ What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia?
- SME offers a special study opportunity for SEU students to participate in clinical rotations for up to three years in hospitals and medical facilities abroad.
- Rotations align with SEU modules as SME matches students according to their programme in medical rotations in Canada, the USA, Australia, the UK, and Ireland.
- SME requires students to apply with the following documents:
○ Their CV and preference information for the rotations (the location, facility and department as well as the duration of the placement).
○ An official authorisation from the SEU Professor who coordinates their medicine programme to confirm their application.
- SME processes applications and offers opportunities based on when the student applied and the alignment with their programme therefore places are limited.
- International clinical rotations while studying are invaluable for students both as a way to expand their skills and knowledge in dynamic medical settings as well as building their global network.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees*()|
|Medicine||October & March||5500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1,660–3,310|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
+ Admission to Georgian National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- SME exclusively offers the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme on behalf of our European partner universities for students who meet the entry requirements.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- Tbilisi is a stunning city that Lonely Planet has said is, “sealing its reputation as the South Caucasus’ most cosmopolitan city”.
- As a buzzing metropolis, Tbilisi is home to just over 1 million people and one in three Georgians.
- Despite its many attractions and booming real estate industry, it is still affordable to live and study in Tbilisi while enjoying a pleasant lifestyle.
- The city has a dramatic valley setting with the picturesque Old Town particularly special thanks to the hills and cliffs it’s situated on.
- There is something for everyone in Tbilisi with a fantastic food scene, exquisite modern and traditional architecture, and diverse cultural offerings.
+ Life in Georgia
- Georgia is a safe and friendly country with low crime rates and a plethora of attractions.
- The landscape and climate are varied thanks to the location in the Caucasus Mountains meaning seasonal activities are always varied and enjoyable.
- While there are modern attractions, the historical and natural features of Georgia are numerous including Eurasian influences, ski fields and national parks.
- Georgia is the gateway between Central Asia and Europe which contributes to the fascinating mix of culture, architecture and travel opportunities.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events