Why Study Dentistry in English at Varna Medical University?
Exams in Biology & Chemistry
Dentistry: 6 Years
- The Dentistry course lasts for six years, spanning 11 semesters of academic training prior to a six-month internship.
- The first two years of the programme give students a background in general medicine and biology.
- Years 3-5 include clinical training that incorporates general practice, apprenticeship and special training in dentistry pre- and post-clinical procedures.
- Students will also undertake mandatory summer practical internships in years 2-4.
- The internship programme at the end of year 6 includes paediatric, oral & maxillofacial surgery experience, denture dentistry, conservative dental treatment, paradontology and orthodontics. Following this internship, students must pass a state exam.
- When student successfully complete the programme, they are awarded a Master’s degree and granted the title of Dentist, which can be used to gain employment anywhere in the world.
- Many graduates choose to stay in Bulgaria after graduation to pursue a dentistry career because of the country’s low cost of living, range of renowned cosmetic dental surgery specialisation programmes and availability of state funding.
- There are dentistry graduates from the university working not just in Bulgaria, but in countries all over the world.
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (private accommodation)||219–277||2,628–3,504|
|Electricity & Gas||37||355|
|TV Cable / Internet||15||175|
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Completed application form including brief biographical data, educational history and any courses for which the candidate is applying
- Copy of a diploma confirming completion of secondary education, with an academic transcript stating the disciplines studied
- Document issued by relevant authorities which certifies the right to continue education in higher schools and universities in the country of origin of the secondary school attended by the candidate
- Health certificate issued no more than one month prior to application and verified in the country from which the candidate is applying
- Two 4-5cm photographs
The diploma, academic transcript and health certificate must be translated into Bulgarian and legalised as per official state directives.
- Varna is Bulgaria’s third largest city, with a population of 334,870. It is located in the northeast of the country, 370km from the capital city of Sofia, and is adjoined by Lake Varna and two man-made waterways connecting it to the bay of the Black Sea.
- It is known as Bulgaria’s maritime capital, as it is the biggest city on the country’s coastline, along with being a popular tourist destination and a centre for business activity.
- It was annexed by the Ottoman Empire in 1444 and remained under their control for more than four centuries prior to Bulgaria’s liberation in 1878. It was briefly renamed Stalin in the early 1950s after the Soviet leader, when Bulgaria was under Communist rule.
- Popular sightseeing attractions include the 19th century Euxinograd Palace, Archaeological Museum, Naval Museum, Roman baths, Battle of Varna Museum and Sea World, along with a host of marvellous churches.
- Varna is known for its love of arts and music, with more than 20 arts and music festivals taking place in the city every year to cement its reputation as a cultural hub.
- Bulgaria is a country in the southeast of Europe with a population of around 7.5 million. Its capital city is Sofia, a city with a booming economy which has a population of 1.2 million.
- It is regarded as a hub for economic activity and has been rendered a strong industrial and agricultural market economy.
- Having been under Communist control from 1946 to 1990, Bulgaria is now a parliamentary democracy and free market economy. It joined the European Union in 2007.
- Since gaining democratic status in 1990, the country has undergone a transformation which has seen a thriving economy and modernised education system, with its universities considered among the best in Europe.
- Bulgaria also has a very low cost of living compared to other EU member states, making it a popular location for students from all over the world.