Why Study Dentistry in English at Varna Medical University?
Exams in Biology & Chemistry
+Why Choose Varna Medical University?
- Varna Medical University was established in 1961 and has evolved to include some of the finest educational, scientific and medical facilities in Bulgaria.
- It comprises four schools (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Public Health), an administrative section, a Medical College and four hospitals.
- Since its foundation, more than 9,300 students from 46 countries have graduated from the university.
- The university employs 380 professors, deputies and assistant professors, many of whom are renowned worldwide.
- The campus is very easy to access and is located centrally in Varna, which has been voted the best city in Bulgaria.
- It offers excellent sporting facilities, including soccer fields and basketball courts.
+What does the 6-Year Dentistry course involve?
- The Dentistry course lasts for six years, spanning 11 semesters of academic training prior to a six-month internship.
- The first two years of the programme give students a background in general medicine and biology.
- Years 3-5 include clinical training that incorporates general practice, apprenticeship and special training in dentistry pre- and post-clinical procedures.
- Students will also undertake mandatory summer practical internships in years 2-4.
- The internship programme at the end of year 6 includes paediatric, oral & maxillofacial surgery experience, denture dentistry, conservative dental treatment, paradontology and orthodontics. Following this internship, students must pass a state exam.
- When student successfully complete the programme, they are awarded a Master’s degree and granted the title of Dentist, which can be used to gain employment anywhere in the world.
- A very high number of dentistry graduates from the university working in many countries all over the world.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas &Water, Internet)||90–100||1080–1620|
+Admission to Varna Medical University
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Completed application form including brief biographical data, educational history and any courses for which the candidate is applying
- Copy of a diploma confirming completion of secondary education, with an academic transcript stating the disciplines studied
- Document issued by relevant authorities which certifies the right to continue education in higher schools and universities in the country of origin of the secondary school attended by the candidate
- Health certificate issued no more than one month prior to application and verified in the country from which the candidate is applying
- Two 4-5cm photographs
+Life in Varna
- Varna is Bulgaria’s third largest city, with a population of 334,870. It is located in the northeast of the country, 370km from the capital city of Sofia, and is adjoined by Lake Varna and two man-made waterways connecting it to the bay of the Black Sea.
- It is known as Bulgaria’s maritime capital, as it is the biggest city on the country’s coastline, along with being a popular tourist destination and a centre for business activity.
- It was annexed by the Ottoman Empire in 1444 and remained under their control for more than four centuries prior to Bulgaria’s liberation in 1878. It was briefly renamed Stalin in the early 1950s after the Soviet leader.
- Popular sightseeing attractions include the 19th century Euxinograd Palace, Archaeological Museum, Naval Museum, Roman baths, Battle of Varna Museum and Sea World, along with a host of marvellous churches.
+Life in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria is a country in the southeast of Europe with a population of around 7.5 million. Its capital city is Sofia, a city with a booming economy which has a population of 1.2 million.
- It is regarded as a hub for economic activity and has been rendered a strong industrial and agricultural market economy.
- Bulgaria is a parliamentary democracy having a free market economy. It joined the European Union in 2007.
- Since 1990, the country has undergone a transformation which has seen a thriving economy and modernised education system, with its universities considered among the best in Europe.
- Bulgaria also has a very low cost of living compared to other EU member states, making it a popular location for students from all over the world.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events