Why Choose Ukrainian Medical Universities?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+How much are the programmes?
- Tuition fees for studying medicine at dentistry at Ukrainian universities is as follows:
- Each programme is taught entirely through English and lasts for three to six years.
|Medical University||Programme (English)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()||Bogomolets National Medical University||Undergraduate/Graduate Medicine/Dentistry||October||Medicine: 4,500
|Kiev Medical University||Undergraduate Medicine Undergraduate Dentistry||October||Medicine: 4,000
|Uzhhorod National University||Undergraduate / Graduate Medicine/Dentistry||October & March||Medicine: 3,800
|Sumy State University||Undergraduate /Graduate Medicine||October||4,300|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||Undergraduate/Graduate Medicine||October||1–3 years of study – 4,000 4–6 years of study – 4,500|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||Undergraduate/Graduate Dentistry||October||1–2 years of study – 4,500 3–5 years of study – 4,850|
+How are the courses taught?
- The initial years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects and eventually move on to clinical subjects.
- Programmes are taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The academic staff is made up of distinguished professors and scientists of an international research calibre.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess applications for the graduate programme and will evaluate submitted documentation such as academic transcripts and Bachelor’s Degree qualifications; all details are at the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below.
+What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers a special study opportunity for students enrolled in medicine in Europe to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in international clinical settings.
- SME places students in clinical rotations programmes matched to their university’s medicine curriculum modules in professional hospitals and medical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA and Australia.
- For students to apply to SME for the clinical rotations, they must submit:
- Professional CV and detailed preferences for the clinical placement inclusive of location, department and duration of rotation.
- Official documents providing authorisation of their application from the Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- SME will offer places to students based on their applications with prioritisation based on the order of when applications are received; there is a limited number of placements available at each facility and each student is matched based on compatibility.
- Students who undertake international clinical rotations gain invaluable experience in dynamic medical environments, broadening their knowledge and connecting with clinical professionals all over the world.
+Admission for Undergraduate Entry & Graduate Entry
- Both EU and non-EU students can apply for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Ukrainian medical universities.
- Graduate Entry Medicine and Dentistry Programmes are available at Bogomolets National Medical University, Uzhhorod National University, Sumy State University (Graduate Medicine only), and Zaporizhzhia State Medical University.
- To qualify for Graduate Entry in Ukrainian universities, candidates must have a degree in a science related field of study.
- Graduate Entry allows eligible students to enrol in the 2nd or 3rd year, thereby allowing them to complete the course in a shorter time and pay lower tuition fees.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine and Dentistry Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+Is funding available?
- Please note that Study Medicine Europe does not offer a student loan service, however our team is always looking for new funding options for university students in Ukraine.
- To find out more about student loans in Ukraine, contact Study Medicine Europe, we will keep you up-to-date with all the latest developments changes regarding student loans.
+When are the deadlines?
- For EU & non-EU countries exempted from requiring a visa, the deadline is at end of October.
- Candidates from other EU countries with no visa exemption will need to submit their application at least a month prior to the deadline, as it can take up to a month for a student visa to be issued.
- The academic year consists of two semesters. The first semester stretches from September until January and the second semester goes from February until July.
- The timetable for the academic year will be structured similarly to the below.
|Winter Break||Late January||End February|
|Summer Break||Early June||Early September|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events