Why Choose Ukrainian Medical Universities?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ How much do the programmes cost?
- Tuition fees for studying medicine or dentistry at Ukrainian universities is as follows:
- Each programme is taught entirely in English and lasts for five to six years.
|Medical University||Programme (English)||Enrollment||Tuition Fees per Year ()||Bogomolets National Medical University||Medicine/Dentistry||October||Medicine: 4,500
|Kiev Medical University||Medicine Dentistry||October||Medicine: 4,000
|Uzhhorod National University||Medicine/Dentistry||October & March||Medicine: 3,800
|Sumy State University||Medicine||October||4,300|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||Medicine||October||1–3 years of study – 4,000 4–6 years of study – 4,500|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||Dentistry||October||1–2 years of study – 4,500 3–5 years of study – 4,850|
+ How are the courses taught?
- The initial years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects and eventually move on to clinical subjects.
- Programmes are taught through a variety of formats including: lectures, class-based learning, labs, workshops, seminars and consultations.
- The academic staff is made up of distinguished professors and scientists of an international research calibre.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers a special study opportunity for students enrolled in medicine in Europe to apply for clinical rotations for up to three years in international clinical settings.
- SME places students in clinical rotations programmes matched to their university’s medicine curriculum modules in professional hospitals and medical facilities in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA and Australia.
- For students to apply to SME for the clinical rotations, they must submit:
- Professional CV and detailed preferences for the clinical placement inclusive of location, department and duration of rotation.
- Official documents providing authorisation of their application from the Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- SME will offer places to students based on their applications with prioritisation based on the order of when applications are received; there is a limited number of placements available at each facility and each student is matched based on compatibility.
- Students who undertake international clinical rotations gain invaluable experience in dynamic medical environments, broadening their knowledge and connecting with clinical professionals all over the world.
- Both EU and non-EU students can apply for the medicine and dentistry programmes at Ukrainian medical universities.
+ Is Graduate Entry offered?
- Graduate entry is not permitted in Ukraine as local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees due to the major differences between the study programmes of the medicine course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. So, Ukrainian medical transcripts cannot include subjects that have been studied in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ Is funding available?
- Please note that Study Medicine Europe does not offer a student loan service, however our team is always looking for new funding options for university students in Ukraine.
- To find out more about student loans in Ukraine, contact Study Medicine Europe, we will keep you up-to-date with all the latest developments changes regarding student loans.
+ When are the deadlines?
- For EU & non-EU countries exempted from requiring a visa, the deadline is at end of October.
- Candidates from other EU countries with no visa exemption will need to submit their application at least a month prior to the deadline, as it can take up to a month for a student visa to be issued.
- The academic year consists of two semesters. The first semester stretches from September until January and the second semester goes from February until July.
- The timetable for the academic year will be structured similarly to the below.
|Winter Break||Late January||End February|
|Summer Break||Early June||Early September|
|Summer Vacation / Summer Training Practice|
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine prohibits online learning for medicine and dentistry programmes in Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541. As a result, students who wish to study at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine in order to attend.
- Online learning is not recognised by any of the world’s Medical Councils.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Students are advised to have a formal explanation prepared if requested, including evidence and exception documentation for online studies completed during Covid-19.
- None of the world’s Dental Councils recognises online learning.
- When dentistry graduates seek registration, all Dental Councils review the evidence of studies, which includes online studies:
- Students should have a detailed explanation prepared for online studies completed during Covid-19, including evidence and exception documentation, which they can provide upon request.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events