Why Study Graduate Entry Medicine at Caucasus International University?
No entry exams
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Caucasus International University?
- Caucasus International University (CIU) is a modern university in Tbilisi and operates one of the most highly-regarded medical faculties in Europe.
- As a 21st century tertiary institution, CIU has a baseline of innovative and collaborative strategic operations involving international partnerships, regional and EU cooperation, and a strong global network of academic and administrative personnel.
- All pedagogy is in line with European requirements and CIU attracts academic, research and clinical faculty from Georgia and around the world.
- The medical faculty was designed for optimal contemporary study with modern laboratories, equipment and technological infrastructure.
- CIU is internationally-focused and currently operates partnerships with highly regarded universities with renowned institutions including Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France and Georgia State University in the United States.
- Prospective students can apply for funding opportunities including winning a scholarship that covers 70% of the tuition fees.
+ The 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine Programme
- CIU offers the 4-Year Graduate Medicine Programme that is open to Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) holders in a science-related field.
- The accelerated medicine study occurs over four years and commences in Year Three of the CIU 4-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- CIU’s medical faculty are very experienced and students learn from specialist Georgian and international professors and clinicians.
- The graduate programme is structured for intensive skill, procedural and professional development with the first three years comprising clinical years and the final year a professional internship and state exams.
- CIU graduates work throughout Georgia and are in-demand internationally in the UK, USA and India in hospitals, clinics and specialist facilities.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess applications for the graduate programme including documentations (such as Bachelor’s Degree transcripts); the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below outlines all key information.
+ What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia?
- SME offers an exclusive opportunity for CIU students to undertake international clinical rotations for up to three years of their programme.
- The SME rotations process will match students, based on their CIU clinical modules, to hospitals and clinical facilities in Canada, the USA, Ireland, the UK, and Australia.
- For consideration for a placement, students apply to SME with:
○ Application paperwork incorporating their CV and placement preferences (the location, the facility and department, and duration of rotation).
○ An official confirmation of their application with an authorisation from the coordinating Professor of their CIU programme.
- Due to the specificity of matching students to their programme and the location, SME processes applications in order of receipt and offers places from there.
- International clinical experience is highly regarded and this is of great value for students to build networks and learn in dynamic medical settings while studying.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees*()|
|Medicine||October & March||5500/year|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||140–280||1,660–3,310|
|Electricity & Gas||30||250|
+ Admission to Caucasus International University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Georgia.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Georgia for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
- SME exclusively offers the 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme on behalf of our European partner universities for students who meet the entry requirements.
+ Life in Tbilisi
- Tbilisi is Georgia’s thriving modern capital city.
- Despite its evolution as a cosmopolitan European hub, living in Tbilisi is quite affordable and suits student needs.
- The city’s infrastructure offers the Metro, tram, rail and buses plus Tbilisi is cyclist friendly, too.
- The landscape is quite diverse with mountainous surrounds and the Old Town has a complex terrain of hills and cliffs.
- Cultural attractions include art nouveau and 20th century architecture, art museums and galleries, and the National Botanical Garden of Georgia.
+ Life in Georgia
- Georgia attracts visitors and expats alike for its safety and low crime rates.
- The rich landscape and climate are extremely diverse making the country a stunning place to explore.
- In addition to caves, forests, steppes, and lakes, the Caucasus Mountain Range is a major attraction for anyone visiting or looking for a more natural lifestyle.
- Georgia is the gateway between Central Asia and Europe with the Georgian Railways linking the Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events