Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
- Medicine : From $4,500
- Dentistry : From $4,700
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Zaporizhzhia State Medical University?
- As one of the oldest medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine, Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) has a long-established reputation of delivering top-quality medical education.
- The University has over 40 years’ experience providing a high-standard of medical education to international students from countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
- Active students will enjoy the university’s state-of-the-art sports complex which houses a wide range of facilities including multiple gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a shooting-range.
- The university boasts top-quality IT facilities through which students can access academic materials.
+ What does the Medicine & Dentistry course involve?
- ZSMU’s English-language undergraduate medicine programme is fully-accredited and lasts for six years.
- The programme has been designed to meet European standard of medical education.
- Medical students can access practical classes and medical aid through the university’s state-of-the-art training-scientific centre “University Clinic”.
- ZSMU’s globally-recognised dentistry course is 5 years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The programme gives students a comprehensive theoretical knowledge in dentistry as well as a solid grounding on various clinical disciplines.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers the clinical studies initiative for students studying medicine at ZSMU to study at hospitals and medical facilities abroad for up to three years.
- Clinical rotations placements are matched to the ZSMU curriculum modules with SME reviewing student applications then offering places in Ireland, the UK, Canada, USA, and Australia.
- SME requires applicants for the clinical rotations to submit:
- Their CV and rotation preferences inclusive of the location, department and duration of rotation.
- Official authorisation from the ZSMU Professor coordinating their medicine programme approving the application submission.
- The places SME are able to offer for the programme are limited due to the specifications of matching students to facilities in line with the curriculum; applications are reviewed and places are offered in order of submission.
- An international placement expands a medical student’s clinical skills, connects them with professionals all over the world, and develops their fundamental knowledge in diverse environments.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Medicine and dentistry programmes are not allowed to be offered online as per Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, thus students must relocate physically to Ukraine.
- None of the world’s Medical Councils recognises online learning.
- In the UK, the General Medical Council (GMC), requires the following for international medicine:
- A minimum of 5,500 Clock Hours.
- Clock hours consist only of Lectures, Tutorials (Seminars) and Clinical Training.
- This does not include Distance Learning, Exams or Individual Work.
- In the US, the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG):
- Approves medical schools that have a physical campus, and
- Whose main educational operations are conducted in the country of registration
- When medical graduates apply for registration, all Medical Councils assess the evidence of studies, including online study:
- Online learning is not recognised by any of the Dental Councils worldwide.
- All Dental Councils consider the evidence of studies, including online learning, when dentistry graduates seek registration:
- Students should have a detailed explanation prepared for online studies conducted during Covid-19, including evidence and exemption documents, which they can submit upon request.
- For online studies performed during Covid-19, students should have a formal reason prepared, including evidence and exception documentation.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||1–3 years of study:4,000 4–6 years of study:4,500|
|Dentistry||October & March||1–2 years of study:4,500 3–5 years of study:4,850|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- In Ukraine, graduate entry is not permitted as local medical universities do not recognise non-Ukrainian BSc degrees because of the differences between the syllabus of the medicine and dentistry courses, and the non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees. Therefore, Ukrainian medical and dental transcripts cannot include subjects studied in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ Life in Zaporizhzhia
- Located in the South East of Ukraine, on the banks of the dramatic Dnieper River Zaporizhzhia (or Zaporozhye) is the sixth largest city in Ukraine.
- The city has a lively artistic scene and boasts many interesting museums, theatres, festivals and art markets.
- The city is also known as the home of the Cossacks and history buffs can immerse themselves in ancient Cossack culture on the nearby island of Khortytsya.
- This charming city features a thoroughly unique architectural style and is full of lovely parks and greenery.
+ Living in Ukraine
- As Europe’s biggest country, Ukraine offers a huge range of attractions and activities to explore.
- Ukraine is an ideal destination for active students, as its many nature reserves offer breathtaking hiker’s trails as well as a wide range of other exciting outdoor activities.
- With its rich history and diverse variety of cultures, Ukraine is a top choice for students with an interest in history.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events