Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
1–3 years : $4,000
1–2 years : $4,500
1–3 years : $4,000
4–6 years : $4,500
1–2 years : $4,500
3–5 years : $4,850
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Zaporizhzhia State Medical University?
- As one of the oldest medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine, Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) has a long-established reputation of delivering top-quality medical education.
- The University has over 40 years’ experience providing a high-standard of medical education to international students from countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
- Active students will enjoy the university’s state-of-the-art sports complex which houses a wide range of facilities including multiple gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a shooting-range.
- The university boasts top-quality IT facilities through which students can access academic materials.
+ What does the Medicine & Dentistry course involve?
- ZSMU’s English-language undergraduate medicine programme is fully-accredited and lasts for six years.
- The programme has been designed to meet European standard of medical education.
- Medical students can access practical classes and medical aid through the university’s state-of-the-art training-scientific centre “University Clinic”.
- ZSMU’s globally-recognised dentistry course is 5 years in duration and is fully taught through English.
- The programme gives students a comprehensive theoretical knowledge in dentistry as well as a solid grounding on various clinical disciplines.
+ Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Medicine Programme
- ZSMU offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme for Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) graduates from a science-related field.
- The ZSMU graduate medicine programme commences in the third or fourth year of the 6-Year Undergraduate course.
- Successful applicants do not sit exams; to apply, candidates submit their analytical academic transcripts.
- ZSMU is one of Ukraine’s leading medicine institutions with a strong international student body and extensive partnerships throughout Europe.
- The EU-aligned programme is designed around fundamental knowledge pre-clinical modules studied on-campus and practical clinical modules undertaken in hospitals and medical facilities.
- The ZSMU alumni network sees graduates working with their international qualification in Ukraine, throughout Europe, South America, and Australasia.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess graduate programme applications with the evaluation of paperwork (including Bachelor’s Degree documentation and academic transcripts); the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab comprises all key information
+ Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Dentistry Programme
- The ZSMU 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme is open to applicants with Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a field such as biomedical science.
- This graduate dentistry course begins in Year Two or Year Three of the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry course with all modules taught in English.
- To apply to ZSMU, applicants submit their analytical academic transcripts and, if successful, there are no entry exams.
- The dentistry faculty at ZSMU is part of one of the oldest tertiary facilities in Ukraine which attracts international students from over 40 countries.
- The ZSMU graduate dentistry is structured into pre-clinical and clinical modules with classes taught on-campus and with dental facility rotations.
- Graduates have a globally-recognised qualification and are comprehensively trained in surgeries and dental procedures preparing them for an international dentistry career.
- The Transcript Evaluation Team at Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess and evaluate applications (including Bachelor’s Degree documentation and academic transcripts) for the graduate programme; refer to the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for all relevant details.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers the clinical studies initiative for students studying medicine at ZSMU to study at hospitals and medical facilities abroad for up to three years.
- Clinical rotations placements are matched to the ZSMU curriculum modules with SME reviewing student applications then offering places in Ireland, the UK, Canada, USA, and Australia.
- SME requires applicants for the clinical rotations to submit:
- Their CV and rotation preferences inclusive of the location, department and duration of rotation.
- Official authorisation from the ZSMU Professor coordinating their medicine programme approving the application submission.
- The places SME are able to offer for the programme are limited due to the specifications of matching students to facilities in line with the curriculum; applications are reviewed and places are offered in order of submission.
- An international placement expands a medical student’s clinical skills, connects them with professionals all over the world, and develops their fundamental knowledge in diverse environments.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||1–3 years of study:4,000 4–6 years of study:4,500|
|Dentistry||October & March||1–2 years of study:4,500 3–5 years of study:4,850|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ Life in Zaporizhzhia
- Located in the South East of Ukraine, on the banks of the dramatic Dnieper River Zaporizhzhia (or Zaporozhye) is the sixth largest city in Ukraine.
- The city has a lively artistic scene and boasts many interesting museums, theatres, festivals and art markets.
- The city is also known as the home of the Cossacks and history buffs can immerse themselves in ancient Cossack culture on the nearby island of Khortytsya.
- This charming city features a thoroughly unique architectural style and is full of lovely parks and greenery.
+ Living in Ukraine
- As Europe’s biggest country, Ukraine offers a huge range of attractions and activities to explore.
- Ukraine is an ideal destination for active students, as its many nature reserves offer breathtaking hiker’s trails as well as a wide range of other exciting outdoor activities.
- With its rich history and diverse variety of cultures, Ukraine is a top choice for students with an interest in history.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events