Why Study Medicine or Dentistry at Uzhhorod National University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
- Medicine : $3,800
- Dentistry: $3,500
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Uzhhorod National University?
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is a well-established heritage university in the Western city of Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
- UzhNU is regarded as one of the leading, not-for-profit universities in Ukraine with a strong culture of academia for over six decades.
- The university currently has approximately 13,000 students enrolled with a significant population of international students attending the university for its courses taught in English.
- UzhNU is a comprehensive university with 20 faculties and over 3,000 academic and research staff.
- Academic excellence is at the forefront of their ethos and the university motto is, “The more we know – the more we can”.
- UzhNU is a hub for academic and research projects, attracting visiting and tenured professors with its international partnerships alongside numerous European scientific projects and involvement with Erasmus+.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry Programmes Involve?
- The university offers a 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme.
- Graduates of the course are qualified with an internationally-recognised Medical Doctor (MD) degree.
- The UzhNU programme is structured with a loop study system. Students study pre-clinical and clinical modules of four loops in total with each loop building on the previous theory studies to set and achieve complex learning objectives.
- Students gain hands-on experience in real-world medical facilities to develop their clinical skills.
- The UzhNU 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme is taught in English.
- UzhNU’s programme is structured to develop a student’s understanding and skills for pre-clinical and post-clinical procedures in the dentistry field.
- The course curriculum initially consists of two years of pre-clinical study for dentistry fundamentals, then for the final three years the curriculum shifts to focus on clinical training in a professional setting.
- Graduates from UzhNU are employed throughout Ukraine or globally in countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, and Australia.
+Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Medicine Programme
- UzhNU offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to graduates who hold a science-related Bachelor’s Degree (BSc).
- The programme offers students accelerated studies commencing in the third or fourth year of the UzhNU six-year medicine course.
- To apply, students submit analytical transcripts of their prior completed studies as well as standard admission documents and there are no entrance exams.
- This accelerated study option is suitable for students with high level professional goals and a medical career.
- The course comprises intensive practical studies involving clinical rotations in hospitals and medical clinics.
- At UzhNU, the graduate programme will be of benefit for students whose goal it is to accelerate their education and their career.
+Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Dentistry Programme
- UzhNU offers a 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme for students who have already completed a Bachelor’s (BSc) degree.
- Students enter the graduate programme in the second or third year of the 5-Year Dentistry Programme without taking entrance exams.
- Applications require eligible candidates to provide the analytical transcripts of their previously completed courses as well as the required admission documents.
- Students develop professional dentistry skills over the three years of clinical modules studied in Ukrainian dentistry clinics and hospitals.
- Graduate entry is a fantastic professional opportunity for graduates who have career goals in dentistry to accelerate their qualification and save course costs.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry programmes cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||3800|
|Dentistry||October & March||3,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1,540–3,080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+Admission to Uzhhorod National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Uzhhorod
- Uzhhorod is well-known for its extensive history as a city founded in the ninth century and as the most western regional city in Ukraine.
- The city gains its name from the Uzh River that splits the city down the middle, creating distinctive ‘old’ and ‘new’ towns that create diverse culture in Uzhhorod.
- Uzhhorod is a friendly, accessible city with lots of folk art and the family friendly Bozdos’kyi Park.
- The city is suitable and pleasant for students with a range of affordable public transport including trams, buses, a Metro, plus regional and European trains
- Uzhhorod has a pleasant climate perfect for university life and receives 1950 hours of sunshine per year
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe and is famous for its culture, architecture, and its beautiful and diverse landscape.
- From mountains and dense forests to coastline, lakes and steppes, Ukraine offers a huge number of activities and fertile farmland with exceptional produce for the entire country.
- The people of Ukraine are known for their hospitality and openness.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events