Why study Dentistry in English at Uzhhorod National University?
No Entry Exams
October & March
+ Why choose Uzhhorod National University?
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is a highly regarded heritage institution in Ukraine with a rich history of more than six decades of academia.
- The university is based in the regional capital of Uzhhorod offering students the ideal balance of life in a stunning affordable region in an academic city.
- UZHNU has over 13,000 students and attracts many international students who can study in English while completing globally-recognised degrees.
- As a leading public university, UzhNU is founded on strong practices of rigorous academia with an experienced faculty of academic and research staff.
- UzhNU is a leading institution for visiting academics and international partnerships with its facilities including research laboratories, centres, and institutes.
+ What does the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry programme involve?
- The undergraduate Five-Year Dentistry Programme at Uzhhorod National University is offered in English.
- The course is studied over five years and every year of study has two semesters.
- The university’s curriculum is based on the European Union’s standards for this field of study.
- The course content is taught with interactive lectures, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical rotations for students to graduate fully prepared to work in dentistry.
- The university’s lecturers and clinical academics are highly experienced and offer global pedagogical standards for students.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Dentistry||October & March||3500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||110–220||1300–2600|
|Electricity & Gas||20||200|
+ Admission to Uzhhorod National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not allowed in Ukraine since local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees; this is due to contrasts between the curriculum of the dentistry course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. As a result, subjects completed in a BSc degree cannot be displayed on Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Those wishing to study medicine at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine because online learning is not permitted for any dentistry programmes according to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+ Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- UK: The General Dental Council (GDC) specifies a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical experience which comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment and not the time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students.
+ Life in Uzhhorod
- Uzhhorod is a wonderful ninth century city that retains its rich history and it is the westernmost regional capital of Ukraine.
- Uzhhorod’s name is derived from the Uzh river that divided the city into the lively ‘old’ and ‘new’ towns for a mix of heritage and contemporary culture.
- The city is ideally located for a relaxed lifestyle with the convenient Uzhhorod railway system connecting it to other cities as well as Slovakia and Hungary.
- The city’s regional climate offers pleasant seasonal temperatures year-round for citizens to enjoy a peaceful quality of life.
- Uzhhorod has a low cost of living with the city’s diverse culture and university students making it an enjoyable place for a good lifestyle.
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and it is renowned for its culture, architecture, natural landscapes, and incredible food.
- The country is enjoyable for both residents and visitors with its natural attractions offering many opportunities to get outdoors for its mountains, fairytale castles, and famous coastline.
- Students will discover more about Ukrainian culture, language, cuisine and history with local people both friendly and hospitable.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events