Why study Dentistry in English at Uzhhorod National University?
No Entry Exams
October & March
+ Why choose Uzhhorod National University?
- Uzhhorod National University (UzhNU) is a highly regarded heritage institution in Ukraine with a rich history of more than six decades of academia.
- The university is based in the regional capital of Uzhhorod offering students the ideal balance of life in a stunning affordable region in an academic city.
- UZHNU has over 13,000 students and attracts many international students who can study in English while completing globally-recognised degrees.
- As a leading public university, UzhNU is founded on strong practices of rigorous academia with an experienced faculty of academic and research staff.
- UzhNU is a leading institution for visiting academics and international partnerships with its facilities including research laboratories, centres, and institutes.
+ What does the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry programme involve?
- Study 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry at UzhNU in Uzhhorod, Ukraine.
- The undergraduate Five-Year Dentistry Programme is offered in English.
- The course is studied over five years and every year of study has two semesters.
- The university’s curriculum is based on the European Union’s standards for this field of study.
- The course content is taught with interactive lectures, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical rotations for students to graduate fully prepared to work in dentistry.
- Students have the opportunity to intern and then sit state exams prior to graduation.
- The university’s lecturers and clinical academics are highly experienced and offer global pedagogical standards for students.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- As per Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, students who want to study at a local Ukrainian medical university must be present at the university as online learning is not allowed for any dentistry courses.
- None of the world’s Dental Councils recognises online studying.
- All Dental Councils evaluate the evidence of studies, including online studies, when dentistry graduates apply for registration
- Students should have a detailed explanation prepared for online studies completed during Covid-19, including evidence and exception documentation, which they can provide upon request.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees (*) ($)|
|Dentistry||October & March||3500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||110–220||1300–2600|
|Electricity & Gas||20||200|
+ Admission to Uzhhorod National University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not available in Ukraine due to local medical universities refusing to recognise non-Ukrainian BSc degrees; this is because of the significant differences in the study programmes of the dentistry course and the non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degree. Therefore, a Ukrainian dental transcript can’t include modules completed in a Bachelor’s degree.
+ Life in Uzhhorod
- Uzhhorod is a wonderful ninth century city that retains its rich history and it is the westernmost regional capital of Ukraine.
- Uzhhorod’s name is derived from the Uzh river that divided the city into the lively ‘old’ and ‘new’ towns for a mix of heritage and contemporary culture.
- The city is ideally located for a relaxed lifestyle with the convenient Uzhhorod railway system connecting it to other cities as well as Slovakia and Hungary.
- The city’s regional climate offers pleasant seasonal temperatures year-round for citizens to enjoy a peaceful quality of life.
- Uzhhorod has a low cost of living with the city’s diverse culture and university students making it an enjoyable place for a good lifestyle.
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is Europe’s biggest country and it is renowned for its culture, architecture, natural landscapes, and incredible food.
- The country is enjoyable for both residents and visitors with its natural attractions offering many opportunities to get outdoors for its mountains, fairytale castles, and famous coastline.
- Students will discover more about Ukrainian culture, language, cuisine and history with local people both friendly and hospitable.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events