Life of a Junior Doctor
In this Free SME webinar, we will present all the necessary information required to prepare medical students to find a job as Junior Doctors.
Two alike Junior Doctors from different backgrounds; Dr Salim who graduated from a UK Medical School and Dr Bocus from a foreign Medical School will cover:
- How to find a job covering the application process etc.
- How to work in a demanding environment covering shifts, professional support, salary, research, learning curve etc.
- How to keep up with your health providing preparation tips and stress management techniques.
- Get personal advice including contemplative insights, pearls, and guidance.
Also, Dr Atesli, a Consultant working in a UK Hospital with extensive experience hiring Junior Doctors will be discussing:
- Selection Criteria for Junior Doctors and what hospitals are looking for.
- Expectations for a Junior Doctor from a consultant.
- Career Progression to specialisation.
- Personal experience and advice to future doctors.
All this topped off with an Open Q&A with our presenters!
Main PresentersDr Zeki Atesli MD – Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Eastbourne District General Hospital, East Sussex, UK
Dr Ehsan Salim MBChB, BSc – FY1 Programme, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Dr Abu Bocus MD, BSc – FY1 Programme, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital, Kent, UK
How to Join
This event will take place on Monday, 25th of January 2021 at 6.30 pm UK Time. Click HERE to join.
|6.30 – 6.35 pm||Welcome
Dr Raza Khan, Project Manager at SME
|6.35 – 7.05 pm||Life as a Foreign graduate
Dr Abu Bocus (FY1)
|7.05 – 7.35 pm||Life as a UK graduate
Dr Ehsan Salim (FY1)
|7.35 – 8.30 pm||Consultants with Junior Doctors
Dr Zeki Atesli – Consultant in Emergency Medicine
|8.30 – 9.00 pm||Q&A
Mohsen Salim, Project Manager at SME
- Certificate for attendance
- 50% discount on the Annual Premium Subscription on Lecturio for all attendees