Why Study Medicine at Sumy State University in Ukraine?
No entry exams
Medicine: 6 Years
October & March
Offered with BSc Degree
+ Why Choose Sumy State University?
- Located in Sumy city in the North-East of Ukraine, Sumy State University (SSU) currently serves about 16,000 students.
- The university boasts a vibrant international student community with about 1,300 foreign students representing over 50 different countries.
- The university rankings organisations Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank rate SSU as one of the top universities in Ukraine.
- SSU has strong international connections and cooperates with over 200 partners from all over the world.
- SSU is home to almost 100 sports clubs and many students have gone on to compete in the Olympic Games, World and European Championships.
+ What does the Medicine course involve?
- The Medicine course lasts for six years and is taught entirety through English.
- Class groups are small, consisting of about 8-10 students.
- The course combines different fundamental and clinical disciplines.
- In second and third year, students undertake clinical studies which allows them to gain practical experience in patient care.
- Medical students are encouraged to partake in academic mobility programmes, international conferences, summer international practice and volunteering.
+ What does the Graduate Entry in Medicine programme entail?
- Graduate entry is open to holders of a Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the sciences.
- Graduate Entry is an ideal option for candidates who wish to continue their education, enhance their job prospects and accelerate their route towards a Medical degree.
- If they meet the requirements, Graduate Entry students can enrol in the 2nd or 3rd year of the Medicine programme without entrance exams, meaning that they can complete the course in a shorter time and pay less tuition fees.
- To apply, graduates need to submit their degree and original transcripts of the courses they have completed in addition to the other necessary documents (listed below).
+ What does the Medicine programme cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||october & March||3,300|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Sumy State University
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Complete application form
- International Passport
- Scanned passport sized photograph
- A copy of your secondary education results with physics, chemistry, biology and English as compulsory subjects
- Proof of date of birth
- Any other education documents if available
- A personal data use consent forms
+ Life in Sumy
- Colloquially known as the “City of Students”, approximately 44,000 students live in Sumy.
- The scenic city of Sumy is located in the North-East of Ukraine on the banks of the beautiful Psel River.
- One of the great cultural centres of Ukraine, Sumy boasts a number of theatres, museums, and art galleries. It also plays host to several internationally-acclaimed music festivals.
- Architecture buffs will delight in the many beautiful buildings and churches which are scattered throughout the city.
- The city has a well-connected public transport system which includes trains, buses and taxis.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Europe’s largest country, the fascinating nation of Ukraine boasts a wealth of diverse cultures.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
- An ideal spot for nature-lovers, Ukraine is renowned for its beautiful landscapes which include stunning mountains, breathtaking lakes and 20 natural reserves.
- With its low cost of living and excellent educational system, Ukraine is a perfect option for students.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events