Why Study Medicine at Sumy State University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Sumy State University?
- Located in Sumy city in the North-East of Ukraine, Sumy State University (SSU) currently serves about 16,000 students.
- The university boasts a vibrant international student community with about 1,300 foreign students representing over 50 different countries.
- The university rankings organisations Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank rate SSU as one of the top universities in Ukraine.
- SSU has strong international connections and cooperates with over 200 partners from all over the world.
- SSU is home to almost 100 sports clubs and many students have gone on to compete in the Olympic Games, World and European Championships.
+ What does the Medicine course involve?
- The Medicine course lasts for six years and is taught entirety through English.
- Class groups are small, consisting of about 8-10 students.
- The course combines different fundamental and clinical disciplines.
- In second and third year, students undertake clinical studies which allows them to gain practical experience in patient care.
- Medical students are encouraged to partake in academic mobility programmes, international conferences, summer international practice and volunteering.
+ Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Medicine Programme
- SSU offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) holders from a science-related field such as Biomedical Science.
- Modules are taught entirely in English and the programme commences in Year Three or Year Four of the SSU 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course.
- To apply, candidates submit their Bachelor’s Degree academic transcripts and successful applicants do not sit entry exams.
- The SSU graduate medicine programme is an accelerated study opportunity in theoretical and clinical fundamentals preparing students for all areas of practising medicine.
- Students attend lectures, laboratories, tutorials, and clinical rotations with a rigorous pre-clinical and clinical curriculum in line with EU standards.
- SSU students gain experience in Ukrainian medical settings preparing them for working as a medical practitioner in Europe and around the world.
- The Study Medicine Europe Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess graduate programme applications in order to evaluate documentation such as Bachelor’s Degree paperwork and academic transcripts; refer to the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for further details
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers students studying medicine at SSU the opportunity to complete international clinical rotations for up to three years in medical facilities and hospitals.
- SME matches students to international placements in line with their SSU curriculum in professional medical settings in the USA, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
- Applicants for the clinical rotations must apply to SME with:
- Their CV and clinical rotations preferences (location, department and duration of placement).
- Official authorisation of paperwork submission from the SSU Professor coordinating their university programme.
- SME will review applications in order of submission with places limited; offers are based on the successful matching the clinical facility with the applicant’s preferences.
- International clinical experience is invaluable training for medicine students as they are able to diversify their practical skills while learning from medical professionals in dynamic facilities and regions.
+ What does the Medicine programme cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||october & March||3,300|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Sumy State University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ Life in Sumy
- Colloquially known as the “City of Students”, approximately 44,000 students live in Sumy.
- The scenic city of Sumy is located in the North-East of Ukraine on the banks of the beautiful Psel River.
- One of the great cultural centres of Ukraine, Sumy boasts a number of theatres, museums, and art galleries. It also plays host to several internationally-acclaimed music festivals.
- Architecture buffs will delight in the many beautiful buildings and churches which are scattered throughout the city.
- The city has a well-connected public transport system which includes trains, buses and taxis.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Europe’s largest country, the fascinating nation of Ukraine boasts a wealth of diverse cultures.
- Ukrainians are well-known for their openness and hospitality.
- An ideal spot for nature-lovers, Ukraine is renowned for its beautiful landscapes which include stunning mountains, breathtaking lakes and 20 natural reserves.
- With its low cost of living and excellent educational system, Ukraine is a perfect option for students.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events