Why Study Medicine in English at Sumy State University in Ukraine?
No entry exams
Medicine: 6 Years
October & March
Offered with BSc Degree
+ Why choose Sumy State University?
- Sumy State University (SSU) is situated in Sumy city in the North-East of Ukraine.
- The university has been rated by Webometrics, U-Multirank and uniRank as one of the finest universities in Ukraine.
- It currently serves about 16,000 students of which 1,300 are foreign, representing over 50 different countries. SSU features a lively international student community.
- SSU boasts many global links and has cooperated with more than 200 international partners.
- With almost 100 sports clubs to choose from, SSU is a great choice for sporty types. The university is well known for its sporting acumen with some students going on to compete in the Olympic Games, World, European and Ukrainian Championships.
+ What does the Medicine programme involve?
- Medicine is a 6-year course and is taught exclusively through English.
- Course class groups consist of about 8-10 students, ensuring an excellent student-teacher ratio.
- The medicine programme brings together different fundamental and clinical disciplines.
- In the second and third year of their studies, students will gain practical experience in patient care through clinical studies.
- The university actively encourages medical students to participate in academic mobility programmes, international conferences, summer international practice and volunteering.
+ What does the Graduate Entry in Medicine programme entail?
- Graduates with a bachelor’s degree in a science related field may be eligible for Graduate Entry to the Medicine programme.
- This option is perfect for graduates who have studied a field related to Medicine and who wish to further their education, open up new job opportunities and accelerate their route towards a Medical degree.
- Graduate Entry students can enrol in the 2nd or 3rd year of the Medicine programme without taking entrance exams provided that they meet the requirements. By commencing at a later start date, graduate entry students complete the course in a shorter time and therefore, pay less tuition fees.
- Graduates wishing to apply will need to supply analytical transcripts of the courses they have studied as well as the other necessary admission documents (listed below).
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||october & March||4,300|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Sumy State University
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Complete application form
- International Passport
- Scanned passport sized photograph
- A copy of your secondary education results with physics, chemistry, biology and English as compulsory subjects
- Proof of date of birth
- Any other education documents if available
- A personal data use consent form
+ Life in Sumy
- Situated on the banks of the Psel River, the charming city of Sumy is the administrative capital of the north-eastern Sumy Region.
- More than 44,000 students live in Sumy, and it has become known as the “City of Students.”
- Well-known for its wealth of cultural activities, Sumy boasts numerous theatres, museums, and art galleries and hosts a number of internationally-acclaimed music festivals.
- The city of Sumy is dotted with many examples of beautiful modern and traditional architecture.
- With its well-connected public transport system, foreigners will have no problem travelling throughout the city.
+ Living in Ukraine
- As the largest country in Europe, Ukraine offers foreign students a wealth of diverse cultures to explore.
- Often overlooked by tourists, Ukraine offers students an authentic experience of Eastern Europe.
- Nature-lovers will delight in Ukraine’s magnificent landscapes and 20 natural reserves.
- Ukraine is an ideal choice for students due to its low cost of living and excellent education system.
Watch Our Videos