Why Study Dentistry in English at Zaporizhzhia State Medical University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
+ Why choose Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU)?
- Founded in 1903, Zaporizhzhia State Medical University (ZSMU) is one of Ukraine’s oldest medical schools in Ukraine.
- ZSMU has a lively community of international students, currently there are more than 2,200 students from over 40 countries attending the university.
- Students with an interest in fitness will enjoy the university’s high-calibre sporting facilities which include three gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a shooting-range.
- The university also has a very active student’s club which arranges a diverse selection of activities and events throughout the year such as festivals, shows and exhibitions.
+ What is the 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Course?
- ZSMU’s internationally-recognised undergraduate dentistry programme is 5 years in duration and is fully taught through the English language.
- The course aims to give students a comprehensive knowledge of the basic subjects of a medical and biological profile, as well as various clinical disciplines.
- With an average class size of just ten, dentistry students at ZSMU can be sure they will receive as much individual attention as they need to succeed.
- Initially, students get a good grounding in theoretical disciplines. From the fourth year onwards, emphasis is placed on clinical disciplines.
+ How much does the programme cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Dentistry||October & March||1–2 years of study: 4,500
3–5 years of study: 4,850
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||100–200||1,200–2,400|
|Electricity & Gas||18||180|
+ Admission to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Is Graduate Entry Offered?
- Graduate entry is not allowed in Ukraine since local medical universities refuse to recognise non-Ukrainian Bachelor’s degrees; this is due to contrasts between the curriculum of the dentistry course and the foreign Bachelor’s degree. As a result, subjects completed in a BSc degree cannot be displayed on Ukrainian dental transcripts.
+ Is Online Study Offered?
- Those wishing to study medicine at a local medical university must relocate to Ukraine because online learning is not permitted for any dentistry programmes according to Paragraph 3 of Order, No 1541 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
+ Dental Council Requirements for Recognising Dentistry Degrees
- Many of the world’s Medical Councils require that the Medical School that awarded the Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) be listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS).
- Additionally, each region has its own requirements:
- UK: The General Dental Council (GDC) specifies a minimum of 1,600 hours of clinical experience which comprise hours spent completing appropriate investigations and/or administering dental treatment and not the time spent observing dentists or assisting other dentists/dental students.
+ Life in Zaporizhzhia
- Zaporizhzhia (also called Zaporozhye) is the sixth largest city in Ukraine and is located in the South East of the country.
- Situated on the scenic Dnieper River, Zaporizhzhia is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery.
- With its diverse array of museums, theatres, festivals and art markets, cultural types are sure to enjoy the city’s thriving arts scene.
- Known as the home of the Cossacks, those interested in history will enjoy Zaporizhzhia’s rich historical offerings.
+ Living in Ukraine
- An ideal destination for explorers, Ukraine is Europe’s second largest country and offers a huge variety of attractions to discover from sun-soaked beaches to snow-peaked mountains.
- Outdoor types will enjoy the country’s magnificent nature reserves which are well known for their beautiful hiking and cycling trails.
- As one of the cheapest countries in Europe, Ukraine is a top choice for international students on a budget.
- Internationally renowned for their warm hospitality, Ukrainians welcome travellers with open arms.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events