Why Study Medicine or Dentistry in English at Bogomolets National Medical University in Ukraine?
No Entry Exams
- Medicine : $4,500
- Dentistry : $4,700
Medicine: Up to the last 3 years
+ Why Choose Bogomolets National Medical University?
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is one of Ukraine’s oldest and most significant medical institutions.
- BNMU is in Kiev, the capital city of Ukraine, and was founded in 1840.
- The combination of its history, its alumni’s contributions to medicine, and its international partnerships make it one of Ukraine’s leading tertiary universities.
- There are currently 10,000 medical students including 1,300 international students enrolled from over 50 countries.
- BNMU attracts academics, researchers and clinical staff from all over the world and there are currently over 1,200 teaching staff across 10 faculties.
- The university’s partnerships mean students benefit from an international hub with global research and an outlook of progressive pedagogy in line with European Union standards.
+What do the Medicine and Dentistry Programmes involve?
- BNMU offers the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme taught in English.
- Students graduate from this rigorous programme with the globally recognised degree of Medical Doctor (MD).
- The programme is structured into two semesters each year with three years of pre-clinical modules and three years of clinical modules.
- BNMU undergraduate medicine involves pre-clinical and clinical modules studied on-campus and in professional medical settings for technical training.
- BNMU alumni are recognised for their accelerated professional skills and the higher education standards that equip them for international medical practice in countries including the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
- The BNMU 5-Year Undergraduate Dentistry Programme is open to international students.
- The programme is taught entirely in English and students graduate with a global dentistry degree.
- The university’s faculty of dentistry is over 100 years old and its alumni are in high demand for both medical practice and medical science.
- The BNMU undergraduate dentistry programme involves high-level theoretical and practical study over the five years taught via innovative pedagogy.
- Students are trained in pre-clinical and post-clinical dentistry procedures with sequential modules in academic and professional settings.
- BNMU’s dentistry graduates currently practise dentistry throughout the world in Europe, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States of America.
+ Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Medicine Programme
- BNMU offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine Programme to applicants qualified with Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in a science-related field.
- Students begin the graduate programme in Year Three or Year Four of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course with all modules taught in English.
- To apply, candidates submit analytical academic transcripts with application documents and, if successful, do not sit entry exams.
- The Graduate Programme at BNMU is very competitive and students gain extensive clinical skills and practical experience.
- The programme comprises pre-clinical and clinical modules with students learning from the renowned BNMU medical faculty staff in lectures, rotations, laboratories and tutorials.
- The BNMU qualification is in line with EU tertiary guidelines and graduates practise medicine in Ukraine, throughout Europe and further abroad.
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) has a Transcript Evaluation Team who is authorised to assess graduate programme applications and evaluate submitted paperwork (such as Bachelor’s Degree qualification and academic transcripts); see the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab for key details.
+ Graduate Entry with BSc Degree Dentistry Programme
- The BNMU 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Dentistry Programme is open for applications from graduates with a science-related Bachelor’s Degree such as biomedical science.
- Students commence graduate studies in the second or third year of the undergraduate dentistry programme with all modules taught in English.
- In order to apply, candidates submit application paperwork and their academic transcripts; successful applicants do not sit entry exams.
- BNMU is a heritage Ukrainian university and faculty are highly experienced clinicians and academics.
- Students learn from the BNMU faculty with pre-clinical and clinical modules consisting of lectures, laboratories, tutorials, and clinical training in dentistry facilities and clinics.
- BNMU is renowned for its alumni who complete professional training during their studies with graduates currently working in Canada, the UK, and Australia.
- The Study Medicine Europe (SME) Transcript Evaluation Team is authorised to assess graduate programme applications in order to evaluate submitted documentation (such as Bachelor’s Degree paperwork and academic transcripts); refer to the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab below for details.
+ What do the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia Involve?
- SME offers the clinical study opportunity for medicine students in Europe to complete clinical rotations for up to three years in hospitals and medical facilities abroad.
- SME assists with placing students in clinical rotations that are matched to their university’s curriculum modules in clinical settings in Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia, and the UK.
- Students must apply directly to SME and provide:
- Application documents consisting of location preferences (including department and duration of rotation) and their CV.
- Official authorisation of their application from the coordinating Professor of their medicine programme to approve their documents.
- Due to limitations with places, SME processes applications and offers placements with reference to order of when applications were submitted and the facility matching student preferences.
- This international opportunity positions medicine students to develop their skills in a global setting, learn in a range of different environments, and progress their clinical experience while studying.
+ What do the Medicine & Dentistry Programmes Cost?
|Programmes||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ($)|
|Medicine||October & March||4,500|
|Dentistry||October & March||4,700|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1,540–3,080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+ Admission to Bogomolets National Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- SME facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine and Dentistry Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ Life in Kiev
- Ukraine’s capital city of Kiev is over 1500 years old.
- There are currently over two million permanent residents and it is one of the largest cities in Eastern Europe.
- The history of the city both in modern and medieval times is fascinating and is reflected in the diverse architecture.
- This cosmopolitan city offers enjoyable and pleasant attractions including nature reserves, modern entertainment spaces, and the central Dnieper River.
- Visitors and residents can explore subterranean man-made caves, markets, sports events, and monuments.
- Accessibility is a major drawcard of Kiev and the city’s transport systems include trams, a Metro, buses, and regional train services.
- Quality of life is very high for students as it is affordable, comfortable, there are engaging activities, plus access to natural attractions such as a beach and parks.
+ Life in Ukraine
- Ukraine is regarded as having a compelling and rich history.
- It is also one of the biggest countries in Europe and has seven World Heritage Sites.
- The country has uniquely distinct regions, eight bioreserves, and many historical sites.
- Ukraine’s immense size means it has broad-reaching landscape of mountains, coastline, waterfalls, ski fields, forests, plateaus and steppes.
- The people of Ukraine are very proud of their country, hospitable and friendly.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events