Why Study Medicine in English at Bogomolets National Medical University?
No Entry Exams
October & March
Up to the last 3 years
+Why choose Bogomolets National Medical University?
- Bogomolets National Medical University (BNMU) is one of Ukraine’s leading universities, established in Kiev in 1840.
- BNMU has a strong heritage of innovative medical practice and teaching with graduates working throughout Ukraine and the world.
- The university currently has over 10,000 students and attracts international students from over 55 countries.
- Students complete studies and training with a faculty of medical experts including practitioners, research fellows, and academics.
- BNMU is a leading institution in the international medical space and its alumni are pioneers in disciplines including forensics, anatomy and opthamology.
- Graduates from the medicine programme practise internationally in many countries including the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
+What does the 6-Year Medicine Programme involve?
- The BNMU 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine Programme is studied entirely in Kiev, Ukraine at the university’s world-class facilities.
- This programme is taught in English and due to its international reputation and global qualification offerings, there are currently students from 55 countries studying at BNMU.
- Studies involve two semesters per year with three years of preclinical modules and three years of clinical modules.
- BNMU’s laboratories see students develop their medical skills in on-campus and off-campus facilities.
- Theoretical and practical studies are structured into lectures, tutorials, laboratories, and clinical rotations.
- BNMU’s teaching faculty has over 1,200 medical and academic staff plus students also learn in Kiev hospitals and Scientific Research Centers.
- Graduates are qualified with a globally-recognised Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree and they can practise medicine all over the world.
+ What is the 3-Year or 4-Year with BSc Degree Graduate Entry Medicine Course?
3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Programme
- BNMU in Ukraine offers the 3-Year or 4-Year Graduate Entry Medicine course to graduates with a science-related Bachelor’s Degree such as Biomedical Science.
- The programme is taught in English and commences in Year 3 or Year 4 of the 6-Year Undergraduate Medicine course.
- To apply, students submit their Bachelor’s Degree analytical academic transcripts and there are no entry exams if their application is successful.
- BNMU is one of the oldest universities in Ukraine with a well-established faculty of medical academics and practitioners which attracts international students from all over the world.
- The course is in line with the EU’s standards for medical curriculum and students complete rigorous pre-clinical study and clinical rotations in a range of state-of-the-art medical facilities and scientific centers in Kiev.
- Graduates from BNMU are in demand throughout Europe and abroad due to their global qualification and high level training.
- Study Medicine Europe (SME) is authorised to assess graduate programme applications with the SME Transcript Evaluation Team evaluating candidate documents and academic transcripts; key information regarding applications is available below at the Graduate Entry Assessment Process tab.
+ What are the SME Clinical Rotations in the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA & Australia?
- SME offers BNMU students the high level international clinical rotations wherein students can complete up to three years of training in hospitals and facilities outside Europe.
- The clinical rotations involve SME matching students to placements in medical settings in Australia, the USA, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- Students must apply to SME for the rotations with the following:
○ Documentation comprising their CV, their location and department preference, and the preferred duration of rotation.
○ The applicant must also provide a confirmed, official authorisation from the BNMU Professor coordinating their medicine programme.
- SME assesses applications in order of submission and with places limited due to availability and duration, placements are not guaranteed.
- BNMU students who complete clinical rotations expand their professional skills, learn in dynamic environments and connect with a wide network of clinicians and specialists.
+How much does the programme cost?
|Programme||Programme Starts||Annual Fees ()|
|Medicine||October & March||4,500|
|Living Costs||Monthly ()||Annually ()|
|Rent (Private Accommodation)||130–260||1,540–3,080|
|Electricity & Gas||30||240|
+ What is the Graduate Entry Assessment Process?
- Study Medicine Europe facilitates the application and entry to Graduate Medicine Programmes in Ukraine for graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field with no entrance exams for successful applicants.
- SME Assesses applications to the Graduate Programme with the following steps:
- Completion of the due diligence process on behalf of the medical university
- Comparison of the transcripts of the students from their past studies with the study programme of the medical university
- Submission of the comparison for approval to both the respective ministry of education and the medical university itself.
+ Admission to Bogomolets National Medical University
Applicants must provide the following information:
- An application which includes the following details: bio, education history and course for which you are applying.
- A copy of your secondary education results with subjects studied.
- Documents from your home country confirming that you are authorised to study in Ukraine.
- Two small photos of 4-5cm.
+ Life in Kiev
- Kiev is an incredibly historic capital and is home to over two million residents.
- The city has withstood significant historic events since its founding in the fifth century and was nearly completely destroyed during World War Two.
- Kiev attracts residents and visitors for its architecture, history, and culture.
- It is one of the largest and oldest cities in Eastern Europe.
- The geography of Kiev offers unique options for an urban and natural lifestyle including strong public transport infrastructure and greenspaces.
- As the capital of Ukraine, the city is the country’s hub for food, the arts, and heritage.
- Even with its size and development, Kiev is ideal for students with an affordable cost of living, great housing options, and entertainment offerings.
+ Living in Ukraine
- Ukraine is the largest country in modern Europe and also one of the most diverse.
- The country draws visitors and residents for its nature, authenticity, architecture, and culture.
- The country has highly distinct regions based on its size and unique geography.
- In all directions, the natural landscape is regarded as spectacular with mountains, glacial melt, waterfalls, lakes, ancient forests, coastline, and the famous steppes.
- Ukrainian cuisine is rich and hearty thanks to the ‘Black Soil’ that makes the country a powerhouse of farming.
- Local people are hospitable and passionate about Ukrainian culture and history.
Watch Our Videos
Real Success Stories
Open DaysEntry ExamsNetworking Events