Are Ukrainian Universities Accredited?
Graduates from any Ukrainian Medical University are entitled to practice abroad as all Ukrainian medical school degrees are internationally accredited and are recognised by the local competent bodies in the majority of countries worldwide.
All Ukrainian medical universities are internationally accredited and globally recognised. The educational programmes are regulated and approved by Ukraine’s Ministry of Education and Science and the Ministry of Health. The degrees and diplomas issued to foreign students graduating from the medical universities are legalised by Ukraine’s Ministry of Heath, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Furthermore, Ukraine’s medical universities are recognised and listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). This accreditation means that students are eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examinations and enter Postgraduate Medical (Residency) training in the United States.
IMED accreditation is also recognised by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) so graduates from Ukrainian universities may also apply for certification and licensure.
Ukrainian medical universities are recognised by:
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Indian Medical Council
- The Pakistani Medical and Dental Council
- The European Council of Medicine
- General Medical Council (limited Registration) of the UK
Most of the universities are recognised by the following organisations:
- World Directory of Medical Schools
- The Medical Board of California
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- General Medical Council
- CGFMC International Global Credibility
- Medical Council of India
- Naczelna Izba Lekarska
- Bologna Process
- The Association of Medical Schools in Europe
- European University Association
- Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education
- British Medical Association
- German Medical Association
They are also listed on numerous international legal catalogues including AVICENNA of the WHO and the USA’s International Medical Education Catalogue (IMED).
International Rankings of Ukrainian Universities
Ukrainian medical universities are included in the Global Research University Profiles (GRUP) by Shanghai Ranking and feature among the world’s best universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings directory.